Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Any Members With The 2005/6 Dvd Disc?

MrADeveci

Anyone local, or even just slightly out .... willing to travel ............... me and Derek Yau have a plan ....................

If you have the Latest DVD Sat nav disc for the IS ............ PM me.

I have a cunning plan .................

Anyone local, or even just slightly out .... willing to travel ............... me and Derek Yau have a plan ....................

If you load the new DVD disc onto the older Sat Nav you could be in trouble. The new one will programme the computer to do things it is incapable of doing. In other words it will not work. Then you cannot downgrade by re-installing the old DVD disc.

If thats what you intended I would caution you against it unless you know of some way of resetting the computer so you can start from fresh again.

Oldun :crybaby:

If you load the new DVD disc onto the older Sat Nav you could be in trouble. The new one will programme the computer to do things it is incapable of doing. In other words it will not work. Then you cannot downgrade by re-installing the old DVD disc.

If thats what you intended I would caution you against it unless you know of some way of resetting the computer so you can start from fresh again.

Oldun :crybaby:

If that is the case why can you purchase latest ver dvd from Lexus and put it straight in to machine and did what ever was been tried actually work

you can put a newer dvd in . but  not sure if you can then go back to the older one

You can. I've done it twice. As far as I know the Lexus SATNAV simply reads the info on the DVD and displays it if it can. If Lexus bring out a version which will disable the Sat unit if you inadvertently put it in the wrong car then I think they should be liable for the repair and also an award for stupidity. Normally an incompatible DVD will simply refuse to load and usually display an appropiate message on the screen.

you can put a newer dvd in . but  not sure if you can then go back to the older one

You can. I've done it twice. As far as I know the Lexus SATNAV simply reads the info on the DVD and displays it if it can. If Lexus bring out a version which will disable the Sat unit if you inadvertently put it in the wrong car then I think they should be liable for the repair and also an award for stupidity. Normally an incompatible DVD will simply refuse to load and usually display an appropiate message on the screen.

This depends. On the older 1st gen units (2000 - 2001) the first disc update upgraded the unit firmware which meant the older disc wouldn't work again.

This depends. On the older 1st gen units (2000 - 2001) the first disc update upgraded the unit firmware which meant the older disc wouldn't work again.

I don't doubt you are correct. Mine is/was a 2002 with the original DVD in it. Surely the firmware should be updated or downdated every time you insert a genuine DVD. Paying the best part of £300 for an updated DVD, perhaps more than once, means I would want to put the original disc back when selling the car. You don't get any extra for a later version when selling so the obvious thing to do is dispose of the later one(s) seperately. Do you know if Lexus advised purchasers of the earlier models that there would be an irreversible firmware upgrade? It is things like this that encourage illegal copying.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links