Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Ipod Video

Kazi

I currently have an iPod mini but as ive been offered good money for it, I am looking to purchase the one of the new ones with vidoe playback etc.

Just curious as to how easy are videos transfered to the iPod? I.e with music, you load the disc and it bypasses the Copy Protection etc and its a case of drag and drop unless automatically syncs.

So my question is, does retreiving video footage off dvds or any other format work in the same manner?

Cheers,

Kaz.

Hi

i have bought a ipod video, it is very cool :)

you will have to decrypt dvd's before you can convert them to the ipod format.

the videos have to be converted to the ipod format, (theres free software to do this). I have also got the AV cable so i can play the videos on the TV, and connect to me screen in the car :)

Raj.

Hi

the videos have to be converted to the ipod format, (theres free software to do this). I have also got the AV cable so i can play the videos on the TV, and connect to me screen in the car :)

Raj.

I have free software already to decrypt dvds caugh caugh, so does the iPod come with better genuine decrypting software?

Thanks for your input mate.

I ordered one over the phone with apple the day after they were announced because I would get it sooner than the shops would have them. But some :tsktsk: at the courier company decided to nick it out of the box!

Anyway to cut a long story short, I have got a replacement thanks to apple. Never having had an iPod before I am well impressed. Smaller and lighter compared to the older generation and the video playback is outstanding for a unit of this size. I didn’t know how to put video on the iPod at first I so downloaded a video (Coldplay – The Scientist) from iTunes.

I had resisted buying one for a long time because I thought they were a gimmick but having bought one and a SoundDock (which produces amazing quality sound), I am a true convert. My other reason for buying was that I wanted to take advantage of the Aux connector in the new IS which I will get in March. I will hopefully have got all my music collection on there by then.

I ordered one over the phone with Apple the day after they were announced because I would get it sooner than the shops would have them.  But some :tsktsk: at the courier company decided to nick it out of the box!

Anyway to cut a long story short, I have got a replacement thanks to Apple.  Never having had an iPod before I am well impressed.  Smaller and lighter compared to the older generation and the video playback is outstanding for a unit of this size.  I didn’t know how to put video on the iPod at first I so downloaded a video (Coldplay – The Scientist) from iTunes. 

I had resisted buying one for a long time because I thought they were a gimmick but having bought one and a SoundDock (which produces amazing quality sound), I am a true convert.  My other reason for buying was that I wanted to take advantage of the Aux connector in the new IS which I will get in March.  I will hopefully have got all my music collection on there by then.

Cold Play............ :sick: each to their own I guess... :lol:

Could you tell me if the software with the iPod has a dvd decrypter?

Hi

Raj.

I have free software already to decrypt dvds caugh caugh, so does the iPod come with better genuine decrypting software?

Ipod does not come with any converting/decrypting software.

i am using dvd dcrypter and videoraipod converter

Raj.

Hi

Raj.

Ipod does not come with any converting/decrypting software.

i am using dvd dcrypter and videoraipod converter

Raj.

After a dvd is decryted then, how long does it take for that to then be compressed to your iPod?

I ordered one over the phone with Apple the day after they were announced because I would get it sooner than the shops would have them.  But some :tsktsk: at the courier company decided to nick it out of the box!

Anyway to cut a long story short, I have got a replacement thanks to Apple.  Never having had an iPod before I am well impressed.  Smaller and lighter compared to the older generation and the video playback is outstanding for a unit of this size.  I didn’t know how to put video on the iPod at first I so downloaded a video (Coldplay – The Scientist) from iTunes. 

I had resisted buying one for a long time because I thought they were a gimmick but having bought one and a SoundDock (which produces amazing quality sound), I am a true convert.  My other reason for buying was that I wanted to take advantage of the Aux connector in the new IS which I will get in March.  I will hopefully have got all my music collection on there by then.

Technically it's a very interesting video! And the song is not that bad. These days most videos are pretty boring...

Technically it's a very interesting video! And the song is not that bad. These days most videos are pretty boring...

Trouble is the chap can't sing! :shutit:

How long does the battery last playing vids, they are pretty pathetic for music so don't expect them to last long having to drive the screen too.

depends which model, either 2 or 3 hours. For just music they quote 14 or 20 hours so I would expect 10 to 16 hours in real life.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

Raj.

Whats the free software and where is it available?

How long does the battery last playing vids, they are pretty pathetic for music so don't expect them to last long having to drive the screen too.

depends which model, either 2 or 3 hours. For just music they quote 14 or 20 hours so I would expect 10 to 16 hours in real life.

My 60gb quoted Battery time is 20 hours. Actual Battery time, playing music non-stop - 19.5 hours.

My 60gb quoted Battery time is 20 hours. Actual Battery time, playing music non-stop - 19.5 hours.

Thats not bad! They alsways wuote upto.........x amount, but thats lab conditions. Ive noticed my 30gig iPods Battery is no where near as good as my iPod mini's!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links