Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Sony Mp3 Walkman

Zee007

Rob on TOC reccomended this to me..

I went to have a look - great battery life - bulky and heavy...

I went for a Ipod Nano ;)

Yeah, guess it depends what you really want from it. Ive not even used all the memory on my iPod mini, but im looking at the new iPod Video as an all round entertainment hard drive.

Then should I get monitors etc in my beast then I can hook it up! :D

Ive always found the Sony software very slow to run though, with experience on Net Mds and other Sony Mp3 players take masses of ram power!

Like Fidgets says, have a look, see what the chap suggests going for.........

Believe it or not Sony actually use some pretty low rate electronics in their equipment. The PS2 uses the same technology for its CD drive as a computer from 1992. IMO, their products are way over priced for what you get. The Ipod is made better and certainly looks better, but it is still far from perfect.

My reccomendation would be this. Its a brilliant piece of kit, nice and small, fairly unique (i've never seen anyone else using one since I have had mine), has a top quality built in radio and the sound quality is really indescribible - I have an Ipod too and the Iaudio p*sses all over it for quality, and any other portable music player I have heard for that matter. The only downside is that the largest size you can get is 2Gb and its fairly expensive for the size when compared to an Ipod, but I promise you won't regret it if you buy one. I have the 1Gb version and I am nowhere near filling it.

Having recently started to use the tubes for work :sick::sick::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: , will be getting a nano (purely for size & design) on the weekend, will be getting it dutyfree when i flyout on sunday....been using an old Creative mp3 player for the last week which ive had for a years, man its embarrasing, you see little kids bopping about with their ipods, while ive got this thing thats got a hatch at the back to throw the coal in :tomato::tomato: .....needless to say it stays in my pocket :ph34r::ph34r: .....go for the pod, you cant go wrong Zee ;)

Although you can import and increase the bit rate up to a maximum of around 300 with the iPOd, the true quality depends on the source your importing from.

iPods are great to use to, although I wanted something different to Andy_f, when I shopped about and weighed up costs, reliability, looks etc........iPod won all over!

What have you decided to do Zee?

yes

it was what put me off...

it also has a closed software architecture - so if you download a song from itunes, you cant use it on anything other than an ipod... unless there is some conversion software out there...

but the advantages outweigh the downsides (by the way, you can send your ipod to apple to have the Battery replaced)

yes

it also has a closed software architecture - so if you download a song from itunes, you cant use it on anything other than an ipod... unless there is some conversion software out there...

but the advantages outweigh the downsides (by the way, you can send your ipod to apple to have the battery replaced)

Is that Battery replacement free? Or do you have to pay more to have that done?

This is really tough, although in my view, the only advantage in the ipods favour is that all the manufacturers are making integration kits for ipods, otherwise I'd have the sony one hands down

Also, can you just dump mp3s onto an ipod, or do they all have to go through itunes and be converted into a different format?

i dunno - itunes is so easy to use though, it really is...

you can point it at a folder full of MP3's, and it will add them all - and the upload to the nano is so quick...

When looking at players though, try not to get caught up in specmanship - i've got less than a gig of music on mine, (950Mb to be precise) and its 17 hours of music...

So - Sony have released their new MP3 player.  I'm looking to get one, and was just about to purchase the new Ipod one with the colour screen when I saw this one. 

Looks cool - reviews are good - and it's a Sony.

Any thoughts?  Anyone got one? 

Sony MP3 Walkman

It is truly great, not sure which one you were thinking of but the small 6GB was the one for me. The new features that let you quickly choose what you listen to are great. Nice looking & sounds great also supports MP3 drag & drop..

yes

but the advantages outweigh the downsides (by the way, you can send your ipod to apple to have the battery replaced)

Is that Battery replacement free? Or do you have to pay more to have that done?

This is really tough, although in my view, the only advantage in the ipods favour is that all the manufacturers are making integration kits for ipods, otherwise I'd have the sony one hands down

Also, can you just dump mp3s onto an ipod, or do they all have to go through itunes and be converted into a different format?

ipods can play mp3s, don't need to be converted just need to to use iTunes for the ipod to see them as music files. If you just copy them they are just data files.

Battery replacement isn't free, unless you do it yourself.

I would have an iPod over a Sony Walkman every time.

When looking at players though, try not to get caught up in specmanship - i've got less than a gig of music on mine, (950Mb to be precise) and its 17 hours of music...

I think its more confusing because I'm not actually that bothered about the amount of storage, so can't decide whether to get a walkman phone, a 2gb memory card, and the cable to hook it up to the car stereo (would need an aux-in i guess), and then only need to carry one device :blink:

I think its more confusing because I'm not actually that bothered about the amount of storage, so can't decide whether to get a walkman phone, a 2gb memory card, and the cable to hook it up to the car stereo (would need an aux-in i guess), and then only need to carry one device :blink:

A Walkman phone is by no means a good substitute for a good Mp3 player. Really thrashes the Battery to. Quality is not a clear and robust as an Mp3 player either.

I have the K750i with a gig card with loadsa of Mp3's & pics etc but still would not be without iPod.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links