Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mpg

Sipey

Hi Folks,

Since my post from a couple of days ago where my car was acting odd I have been keeping an eye on a few things - one thing being MPG.

I put 22 litres of Optimax in the car yesterday and that has taken me 87 miles :crybaby:, which is less than 20mpg.

My route for the above was M4 j11 - j8/9 3 times with some cross country driving needing to make 4 stops to pick up bits and bobs. Now I am not a sedate driver but I should be getting a little bit more than 19 and a bit mpg shouldn't I.

My last two tanks I avaraged 23.5mpg

Car is used mainly to and from work in fairly heay traffic, its a 17 mile trip which takes circa 1 hr +/- 15 mins depending on traffic

I'm not sedate either and when I get an opening i'm gone :driving: .......

Has been fairly cold here too during the last couple of weeks but has had no adverse effects on mpg for me

Hi Folks,

Since my post from a couple of days ago where my car was acting odd I have been keeping an eye on a few things - one thing being MPG.

I put 22 litres of Optimax in the car yesterday and that has taken me 87 miles :crybaby:, which is less than 20mpg.

My route for the above was M4 j11 - j8/9 3 times with some cross country driving needing to make 4 stops to pick up bits and bobs. Now I am not a sedate driver but I should be getting a little bit more than 19 and a bit mpg shouldn't I.

ive tried catacleen in my is300 and its hardly made any difference ,runs smother but still lucky to get 20mpg, any 1 else tried cataclean? :driving:

I feel sorry for you all. I had a superb granite sky is200 sport earlier this year and had to sell it as it used too much fuel, i only live less than 2 miles from my work but even taking it and driving at the weekend i was paying about £40-50 per week on fuel.

I guess it depends how much you can offord to spend but a maximum of 25mpg was terrible most of the time it was 20mpg.

I bought an old passat tdi s reg, estate and get roughly 48mpg in town and 55mpg on motorways. or 680 miles per tank.

I know its not a lexus but i feel better knowing that i dont have to spend lots on fuel.

I still have my xsara vts anyway to play with.

100_2027.jpg

Picture031.jpg

I feel sorry for you all. I had a superb granite sky is200 sport earlier this year and had to sell it as it used too much fuel, i only live less than 2 miles from my work but even taking it and driving at the weekend i was paying about £40-50 per week on fuel.

I guess it depends how much you can offord to spend but a maximum of 25mpg was terrible most of the time it was 20mpg.

I bought an old passat tdi s reg, estate and get roughly 48mpg in town and 55mpg on motorways. or 680 miles  per tank.

I know its not a lexus but i feel better knowing that i dont have to spend lots on fuel.

I still have my xsara vts anyway to play with.

nice car u have must admit as much as i like it i keep thinking about getting a diesel a BMW or something , any recomendatons? heard mercs r not good these days

100_2027.jpg

Picture031.jpg

doesnt it depend on how you are driving? aka if u are tearing the arse out of the car you aint gunna get that many miles, where as if you drive nice and easy like motor1 does :D you will get good milage?

me drive nice and easy i need more power more power, what am i saying im going to buy a diesel lol :blink:

I worked my miliage out to be around 29mpg a couple of months back :)

judging by the amount I spend I don't think its got any worse. I certainly don't drive slow and my work commute is made up of mixed roads

Really wouldn't be hapy with less circa 20mpg :o

Mines gone down in the cold weather too.  From around 20 to 25 to about 15.

That'll be the boost :hehe:

forgotten how to work out mpg... :tomato:

last £48.50 of tescos 99ron, i got 196 miles now the lights on.

20.83 MPG LAST LOT

£58.00 89.9p 64.52Litres 296 miles (full to full)

Er not my best MPG this week - usually urban not much m/way - rushing here there and everywhere. Usually about 25mpg.

Try to keep it above 4000 RPM :P Could do with moving the red line upto 8500rpm.

- I had a VW Passat Deisel 02 Reg as a co car a few years ago for 3 months - 130BHP PD SE -Triptronic in Inky Blue - it was great - MPG not as good as a manual but was still OK. :offtopic: - what have they done to the shape of the new one ?)

I have tried driving steady to get the MPG, but cant resist a blast. So have to put up with s**t MPG.

Just thought I would drop in and say Hi as I visit from time to time on this forum.

On my IS200 im doing about 410 - 440 miles a week per tank.

I was gob smacked to see people getting sub 300! and im not to light on the gas pedal either..

Dont know if this makes any difference but since putting Magnatec in on an oil chang my MPG has improved a fair whack!

i was getting around 410miles to a tank now getting 380miles

i use the M42 & M6 south to Cov

but now they have turned those Stupid Traffic speed lights on the M42 on

the traffic is worse than ever 40mph max in the morning from junc 3-7

and in the evening i cannot even get on the M42

:offtopic: which ever dope designed them needs poolballing

as there are cameras over every gantry (like M25) the sign says 40 so people do 30 WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubbish System Yet again another way the government get your money

use more fuel getting to work hench having to refill often Phew glad i got that off me chest AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH :tsktsk:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links