Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Little Help Please!

Tony-Bones

VFQ Mat but to make the insert I need a bit more like dia of the bolt, looks like 10mm, length of the slot, thickness of the steel plate that it will key to etc :D

Will mail you a drawing showing all the dims I need but not tonight :crybaby:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VFQ Mat but to make the insert I need a bit more like dia of the bolt, looks like 10mm, length of the slot, thickness of the steel plate that it will key to etc :D

i cant get to my car at the moment to measure...its 2 miles away...ive got a broken ankle :shifty:

it is a 10mm dia bolt

Edited by Monster-Mat

i cant get to my car at the moment to measure...its 2 miles away...ive got a broken ankle :shifty:

it is a 10mm dia bolt

No worries and no hurries.

it is a 10mm dia bolt

No worries and no hurries.

Pah.... any excuse..... :D

Too expand on the cost topic..... could we use the original bolt? or will there be a need for another 'high tensile' diameter substitute.

a new bolt comes with the kit from TDI

Then all reads as a done deal... TDI via the Drifty have developed the only option available world wide......

Thank you mat.... my next step is to realize a price from TDI.... those of you here, standard and lowered can you at least show interest with a vote to continue with this effort to resolve the rear Camber/Toe problem....... much effort has been developed in this thread to help those in need.... shall we continue!

a new bolt comes with the kit from TDI

Then all reads as a done deal... TDI via the Drifty have developed the only option available world wide......

Thank you mat.... my next step is to realize a price from TDI.... those of you here, standard and lowered can you at least show interest with a vote to continue with this effort to resolve the rear Camber/Toe problem....... much effort has been developed in this thread to help those in need.... shall we continue!

i doubt you will get much interest tony unfortunatly, people expect to much

i'm so sorry for my late response, i'm fully aware, that i could well be one of the people in need of this solution.

it's taken me a fair few minutes to catch up with the topic thread, and its great to see the enthusiasm everyone has taken on the subject.

i'm showing my interest in this feature, because as Tony is aware, i've gone from ~50mm lowered all round, to a flat 40mm, because of the problems outlined above.

i'm not too sure on the "welding" side of things, but i'm still interested to see how this develops.

thanks dr bones, for bringing this to the attention of all LOC members...

:D

i'm so sorry for my late response, i'm fully aware, that i could well be one of the people in need of this solution.

it's taken me a fair few minutes to catch up with the topic thread, and its great to see the enthusiasm everyone has taken on the subject.

i'm showing my interest in this feature, because as Tony is aware, i've gone from ~50mm lowered all round, to a flat 40mm, because of the problems outlined above.

i'm not too sure on the "welding" side of things, but i'm still interested to see how this develops.

thanks dr bones, for bringing this to the attention of all LOC members...

:D

Your safe now (just)...... there are some 20ish cars here that need the Adjuster arms todate!........ most just one, but a wise man would replace both.

My next move is to contact TDI.

i think that is the best plan, contact TDI get a price.

personally i think people will just keep paying ton replace tyres than buy the new arms because

1. there lazy

2. they wont understand that the arms will solve the problem, for ever

3. typical LOC apathy will settle like the red weed in War of the Worlds, birds will stop singing, and the topic will die a quiet and lonely death

i think that is the best plan, contact TDI get a price.

personally i think people will just keep paying ton replace tyres than buy the new arms because

1. there lazy

2. they wont understand that the arms will solve the problem, for ever

3. typical LOC apathy will settle like the red weed in War of the Worlds, birds will stop singing, and the topic will die a quiet and lonely death

Have you had a bad day :huh:

Of the 20 or so cars in trouble most are established members in the lowed club (30mm) and under..... if the request came from the usual 'Drive by' posters i wouldn't have bothered starting this thread or bothered you.

In fact it was with Fevers car and the resulting strip down that realized the problem, and your Drifty and the work done by TDI that realized the solution.

Obviously if any orders were to evolve then it would be money first then manufacture simply because you may be right.

But how much money....?

no no, not had a bad day tony, just that i am fully conversant with what happenes when people put alot of effort into things, put the plan/idea out to the club and all you get is tumbleweed.

so far only Neil and Niraj have shown interest, thats not many

lets see what happens, i hope people do realise that this is a very good solution, especially those that track there cars, or are super low

no no, not had a bad day tony, just that i am fully conversant with what happenes when people put alot of effort into things, put the plan/idea out to the club and all you get is tumbleweed.

lets see what happens, i hope people do realise that this is a very good solution, especially those that track there cars, or are super low

Wise words indeed!....

OK peeps... all the technical banter has been here free in development to resolve your 'current'/ future problems with the rear toe.....

I am going to stop posting in this thread now, since as Mat has said all the information has been born now it's down to 'YOU'..... PM me if anyone is 'solid' about solving this issue and if all reads sincere i will contact TDI and pursue this development for you.

Note

Nothing will be made until 'full payment' is met.... understandable statement don't you think....

'Well....!.... get off the 'pot' and send the PM :duh: .

Ok Mat Dims I need are below, as accurate as you can make em, vernier caliper +/- 0.5mm should be good enough for a prototype pair

Locator_dims.jpg

A close up pic of the slot with the cams out would be good, as it will give me an idea of the amount of space there is around the slot.

I would put an estimate of around £15 - £20 for a set of 4 at the moment. e.g. enough to do the rear of a car + of course the TDI bits!

well if circumstances were different , i would be at the front of the queue ;)

it is a shame that some people make the effort, for others who in turn dont want to know

well if circumstances were different , i would be at the front of the queue ;)

it is a shame that some people make the effort, for others who in turn dont want to know

Sure there are a few "sitting on the fence" waiting to see first if it will work without welding and most important how much it will cost

whilst my ride was at prolex having some :ph34r: stuff done.. the technician noticed i was at maximum adjustment so will be trialling some 'items' to extend the adjustment possabilites.

i doubt you will get much interest tony unfortunatly, people expect to much

prehaps of TDi where to offer a ball park price on qty's then that might shift peoples 'expectations'

i am still showing interest in this topic.

probably more so, because i'm a victim of the rear toe adjustment :( i love my car, but i am finding it more and more difficult to enjoy the drive, and am finding i often leave it at home, and just take my mum's pimped out RAV4 instead.

i really need to get the satisfaction i first felt, driving my Lex...

TDi? prices.... :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links