Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Got A Cracking Deal From Vodafone

Parthiban

I've wanted to buy a Motorola V3x for a while, and tried speaking to Voda CS a few times, and was told everytime that I'd have to pay a ridiculous amount for it and get no offers with line rental either....

Therefore, requested my PAC, and made an order with Orange for the same phone, with 6 months half price line rental last night.

This obviously flagged up on the computers at Vodafone that I was actually going to leave, and had a call a short while ago offering me the V3x for free, with 6 months half price, on 12 month contract, on my current tariff (£21/month) and I could also keep 'stop the clock' as well! :D

Obviously I just said thank you very much, and apparently I'll get it tomorrow!

Do they often do that? I've only been with Vodafone for a year, and not been much of a big spender, so I was quite impressed to get a deal like that, as its better than what they offer new customers :blink:

Phone companies will try there best to keep you .........

When I told T-Monile I was leaving .. and wanted my PAC code ........ they said straight away that my £13,99 a month line rental could be made £3.99 a month .......

That actually gone on my nerves even more !!

Phone companies will try there best to keep you .........

When I told T-Monile I was leaving .. and wanted my PAC code ........ they said straight away that my £13,99 a month line rental could be made £3.99 a month .......

They changed from £13.99 to £3.99 ?? Wow.....that's quite a difference !

It makes you mad how they offer all these discounts to new customers (to fish them in), and yet the ones who are loyal customers get penalised.

:ohmy::lol:

To be honest I was a little annoyed that they waited till I had made the order with Orange before offering me that (meaning I then had to go and cancel that order afterwards), but what they offered was too good to refuse! :whistling:

Guys.....What is PAC??

PAC = Porting Authorisation Code

Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is the industry agreed process by which a customer can switch from one network operator to another and take their existing mobile number with them, for example from Orange to 3.

The PAC is your authority to request a transfer and will allow the Network you wish to move to, to request your number be transferred to them.

Mobile Number Portability

Had the same deal here with Voda

when I asked for my Pac, the offered me a deal too good to miss out on. I agree

its a shame they wait till the last min to roll out the big guns

I don't think I would have minded so much if they had offered it when I had requested my PAC, its more that they waited till I actually used the PAC (by making an order with orange) that I then had to cancel the order I had to placed, basically because 'stop the clock' is amazing, so many more minutes than anyone else offers, so I'd be crazy not to accept it.....

I will be leaving Orange as i'm miffed with the offers they give NEW customers.

Talk 60 = 19pm (60 mins free)

New customers get 100mins and 100 text for 20pm

I have been told that Orange are not as bothered about loosing customers as other networks.

looks like ill be off to O2 in April, as vodafone doesnt work well here.

I have been told that Orange are not as bothered about loosing customers as other networks.

£25 p/month 500 mins......... :winky: :whistling: ........request you're PAC code :P

£25 p/month 500 mins......... :winky: :whistling: ........request you're PAC code :P

I will be after a new phone also..........................i HATE the Samsung D500 :)

I have to wait till April :(

Operators (as everyone has found out) dont care about keeping existing customers. :blink:

From your perspective, you will always get a better deal by opening a new contract.

However, if you want to keep your number, you cant stay with the same network operator. :duh:

Solution > Temporarily port your number to another operator's Pay-As-You-Go scheme, then port back onto your original network.

D.

:winky:

Operators (as everyone has found out) dont care about keeping existing customers. :blink:

From your perspective, you will always get a better deal by opening a new contract.

However, if you want to keep your number, you cant stay with the same network operator. :duh:

Solution > Temporarily port your number to another operator's Pay-As-You-Go scheme, then port back onto your original network.

D.

:winky:

As new connections/customers are saturated it is on the contrary, Orange are now starting to recognise that customer loyalty is very important and so are now offering existing customers the same sort of deals as new customers. As an Orange rep I know. :winky:

Although this is the case with Orange I can't speak for the other networks but can only assume that they are also running simular schemes. In some cases it may pay you to switch but then thats where the networks rely on their key selling points to keep custom.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links