Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Is Lexus 220/250 Manufactured

mrak

I am interested to learn where is new lexus IS manufactured?

IS220d (which is my interest) uses engine which is manufactured somewhere in europe, so where is rest of the card made?

I work for the company that makes the rear crankshaft seals for LEXUS

we send the seal to 2 locations , one is to a company called TICO in JAPAN , the other is to a Toyota plant in Poland TMIP stands for Toyota Motor Industry Poland

I work for the company that makes the rear crankshaft seals for LEXUS

we send the seal to 2 locations , one is to a company called TICO in JAPAN , the other is to a Toyota plant in Poland TMIP stands for Toyota Motor Industry Poland

TICO is : toyota industries corporation

they make engines, compressors, and manufacture the yaris car, for the toyota motor corporation,

toyota parts are made throughout the world

There made in Japan, as has been said

There are 6 Lexus Assembly Plants in Japan , the RX Factory in Canada & "Toyota Component Suppliers" all round the Globe:interestingly, Toyota /Lexus have now ceased putting their Made in Wherever label @ the top corner of the windscreen in preperation for a further shift in Global Manufacturing & Assembly with China

the next logical step!

Tel :driving:

My IS200 has a silver sticker under the bonnet saying KANTO AUTO WORKS.

This is their website http://www.kanto-aw.co.jp/eng/

The 1stgen IS was really a rebadged Toyota and sold as a Lexus around the world. It was assembled on a Kanto line along with other Toyota brand cars.

Since Lexus is now a brand by itself in Japan, and they don't sell the cars as Toyota's, I understand from numerous sources that the IS is now made in the Tahara plant where the other Lexus cars are built. There's also a 2nd plant coming online to build the IS as they expect to sell a larger number of them, but I can't remember the plant's name.

My IS200 has a silver sticker under the bonnet saying KANTO AUTO WORKS.

This is their website http://www.kanto-aw.co.jp/eng/

The 1stgen IS was really a rebadged Toyota and sold as a Lexus around the world. It was assembled on a Kanto line along with other Toyota brand cars.

Since Lexus is now a brand by itself in Japan, and they don't sell the cars as Toyota's, I understand from numerous sources that the IS is now made in the Tahara plant where the other Lexus cars are built. There's also a 2nd plant coming online to build the IS as they expect to sell a larger number of them, but I can't remember the plant's name.

Yep, most IS250s are made at the Tahara plant in Japan, which is dedicated to making all the Lexus models (IS, GS, LS, SC, RX etc). There is one other plant in Canada which opened a year or two back (I think) which makes the RX only. Lexus have planned for one other plant in Kyoto I think which will pick up production of LHD IS models if demand warrants it (and by all reports in the US, the dealers are selling many more than they're receiving).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links