Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Supaguard

Hi All

Sorry to start this thread if it is already somewhere, I am not sure about the cost, but was wondering if supaguard is worth or not. My car is booked for Thursday(change of seat) and I thought it will be good if I can get it done on the same day.

Has anyone bought/applied Supaguard? Please could you let me have your thoughts on this

Thanks

Javeed

Waste of money!

Get some Klasse All-In-One, Klasse Sealant Glaze and a good carnauba wax and do it yourself for a fraction of the price

Mr Morse is spot on...

My bro' inlaw spent £356 on the Supaguard, and in a year it was "sheeting" water.

I started a thread on the car detailing and care part of the forum last week or so. I took Mr Morse's and Mr Singh's advice.

In the end I bought the Klasse product (sold as carlack68 all in one here in the UK) and a tub of P21S Carnuba Wax. Total cost £34 odd quid from www.carsparkle.co.uk incl delivery...Ordered at 1430 on Friday, delivered at 0810 Saturday!

Washed and Chamoised the car. Applied one coat of the Carlack68, took approx 1.5hrs, to the wifes Honda Jazz (which was in a state, believe me...only been Turtle waxed thrice in 3 years, and never "sealed"!). There's no point in applying 2 coats, as it just takes it all off. The Carlack removes anything you've previously applied, but is non abrasive.

I was surprised at how easily it went on and came off (you have to let it "haze" or cure for at least 20 minutes but no longer than 45).

Allowed 24 hours for the Acrylic to set in and then gave the car one coat of carnuba wax...

Only word of warning is to note that Carnuba takes ages to set. The instructions say you can wipe off immediately, but it's like beezwax, just gets pushed around... So -

Get your self some clean old towels, and a couple of clean/new Microfibres.. old towels to take off as mush as poss, then a final buff with microfibre. I typically let it stay on the panels for 30 minutes befire starting to remove. Goes on easy and comes off easy...

The car looks stunning, most of the "swirls" gone too (it's dark Metallic green...), and I cannot believe what a good job was done!! I reckon this will last ages, and from 500ml of Carlack, I could do my new IS and my Bro in laws Merc S class...

The Carnuba will last for at least 10-20 applications...

PS - you can "layer" multiple carnuba applications to get depth of shine. That's the plan - next 3 washes will be followed by a Carnuba waxing regime...

Oh yes, buy something nice for the missus with the money you've saved....

I'm having Supaguard done inside and out for 75 quid once I get my IS250 in early March.Advised it was a good product by a friend who works in a bodyshop.

A guy who works as a car valeter for Volvo is doing it.

So if you want it done,there are much cheaper ways to do it than via Lexus.

I'm having Supaguard done inside and out for 75 quid once I get my IS250 in early March.Advised it was a good product by a friend who works in a bodyshop.

A guy who works as a car valeter for Volvo is doing it.

So if you want it done,there are much cheaper ways to do it than via Lexus.

What is wrong with the seat?

Tel :unsure:

Javeed,

you can do it in half a day or less, no probs!

Basically, it does not state anywhere that you need to give the Carlack68 24 hours to cure, as it starts to cure within 3 minutes of application. It's cured in 20 minutes, so you can take it off and apply a wax straight away. The thing is to apply a non abrasive wax.

Tutlewax "hazes", and it's full of a chalky/limey substance. the Carnuba is pure wax...almost "oily" - spreads forever! Too many additives in the Halfords stuff!

I reckon 1 coat of Carlack68, removed off to a polish, then 2 coats of carnuba would be perfect. just remember to raid the kitchen cupboards and grab those Microfibres!

P21S Carnuba Wax is "purer". It is really good stuff, and whilst I don't know how it'll wear, every internet search on Carnuba Wax so far comes up trumps!!

PS - if that's your email address (javeeds@hotmail.com) I'll try and scan/email you the instruction sheet?

Without any doubt, the best Carnauba wax is

"Natural Brilliance" by Souveran. :D

Seriously expensive at around $40 a pot, it is awesome on darker colours! But lasts forever. I bought a pot 12 months ago and have around 2/3 left

Ain't that just the beauty of it all!!

One pot for a lot less than any Supagard, and you can do the car over and over again for3-4 years...

Supagard's gone in 12 months, and at £70 still expensive!! Roll your sleeves up and give her a good rub... :D

Javeed,

you can do it in half a day or less, no probs!

Basically, it does not state anywhere that you need to give the Carlack68 24 hours to cure, as it starts to cure within 3 minutes of application. It's cured in 20 minutes, so you can take it off and apply a wax straight away. The thing is to apply a non abrasive wax.

Tutlewax "hazes", and it's full of a chalky/limey substance. the Carnuba is pure wax...almost "oily" - spreads forever! Too many additives in the Halfords stuff!

I reckon 1 coat of Carlack68, removed off to a polish, then 2 coats of carnuba would be perfect. just remember to raid the kitchen cupboards and grab those Microfibres!

P21S Carnuba Wax is "purer". It is really good stuff, and whilst I don't know how it'll wear, every internet search on Carnuba Wax so far comes up trumps!!

PS - if that's your email address (javeeds@hotmail.com) I'll try and scan/email you the instruction sheet?

Jamboo

Thats great. Yes, thats my email address and I shall apprecaite if you could email the instruction sheet. I spoke with the guy at Carsparkle.co.uk and he said the same. I have already ordered the stuff and it will arrive tomorrow and it costs only £34.00 as compared to £350 quoted by the dealer. Also, does this help to get rid of minor scratches?

The weather is not very good this week and moreover I am parking it at the airport this weekend, so will wait until next week.

Thanks everyone for the quick response. I have saved £316!!!!!

Javeed

I'll sling it over in a bit.

Both P21S CW and Carlack68 are non abrasive...If your swirl problem is bad, what you need is a very light abrasive. People on the other thread reckon that Mequires is best, but I would have to bow to their greater knowledge and experience.

The Jazz we have has been Auto Washed all winter, and the last Turtlewax was last spring. Dark green looks aweful when you abuse it!

Even with the Carlack, most of the swirls appear to have gone :blush: I think any good polish will help.

Jamboo

I don't suppose you could send those instructions over to me as well.

Email:- jonnysteele@hotmail.com

My last car was an old Peugeot 106 and let's just say I didn't give it all the attention I should have. As a consequence I have absolutely no idea about waxing, polishing etc.

Cheers

Jamboo

My last car was an old Peugeot 106 and let's just say I didn't give it all the attention I should have. As a consequence I have absolutely no idea about waxing, polishing etc.

Cheers

On it's way (all 2 meg). This is only for the Carlack68. Basic advice is Wash car, apply Carlack68, remove after "cure" period, and layer it with Carnuba wax (non abrasive stuff only else it'll remove the carlack68 Acrylic sealant and you'll be back at #1!!). Use Microfibres to get the best finish.

By the time you get all of those Microfibres, decent sponges etc, it may get to £40-50, but in my view it's worth it (afterall your car is worth £thousands) and this kit will last you years.

PS - Carnuba has no Lime/Chalk, and leaves none of that horrible white powder!

Jamboo

Cheers

On it's way (all 2 meg). This is only for the Carlack68. Basic advice is Wash car, apply Carlack68, remove after "cure" period, and layer it with Carnuba wax (non abrasive stuff only else it'll remove the carlack68 Acrylic sealant and you'll be back at #1!!). Use Microfibres to get the best finish.

By the time you get all of those Microfibres, decent sponges etc, it may get to £40-50, but in my view it's worth it (afterall your car is worth £thousands) and this kit will last you years.

PS - Carnuba has no Lime/Chalk, and leaves none of that horrible white powder!

Ta muchly Jamboo

:D

Jamboo,

I am going the carsparkle route - thanks for the info - I'm expecting a March delivery on my 250 Sport - would I need to use the carlack68 even if the car is brand new or can I get away with just using the Carnuba wax?

:blush:

Waste of money!

Get some Klasse All-In-One, Klasse Sealant Glaze and a good carnauba wax and do it yourself for a fraction of the price

Mr Morse is spot on...

My bro' inlaw spent £356 on the Supaguard, and in a year it was "sheeting" water.

I started a thread on the car detailing and care part of the forum last week or so. I took Mr Morse's and Mr Singh's advice.

In the end I bought the Klasse product (sold as carlack68 all in one here in the UK) and a tub of P21S Carnuba Wax. Total cost £34 odd quid from www.carsparkle.co.uk incl delivery...Ordered at 1430 on Friday, delivered at 0810 Saturday!

Washed and Chamoised the car. Applied one coat of the Carlack68, took approx 1.5hrs, to the wifes Honda Jazz (which was in a state, believe me...only been Turtle waxed thrice in 3 years, and never "sealed"!). There's no point in applying 2 coats, as it just takes it all off. The Carlack removes anything you've previously applied, but is non abrasive.

I was surprised at how easily it went on and came off (you have to let it "haze" or cure for at least 20 minutes but no longer than 45).

Allowed 24 hours for the Acrylic to set in and then gave the car one coat of carnuba wax...

Only word of warning is to note that Carnuba takes ages to set. The instructions say you can wipe off immediately, but it's like beezwax, just gets pushed around... So -

Get your self some clean old towels, and a couple of clean/new Microfibres.. old towels to take off as mush as poss, then a final buff with microfibre. I typically let it stay on the panels for 30 minutes befire starting to remove. Goes on easy and comes off easy...

The car looks stunning, most of the "swirls" gone too (it's dark Metallic green...), and I cannot believe what a good job was done!! I reckon this will last ages, and from 500ml of Carlack, I could do my new IS and my Bro in laws Merc S class...

The Carnuba will last for at least 10-20 applications...

PS - you can "layer" multiple carnuba applications to get depth of shine. That's the plan - next 3 washes will be followed by a Carnuba waxing regime...

Oh yes, buy something nice for the missus with the money you've saved....

If you're having the Supagord then no...but it does not say anything anywhere about not applying to a new car.

Painting process's now are pretty good. Dunno how they "polish" new cars. But by applying the Carlack, you will remove anything previously applied. I will apply straightaway when mine comes.

Jamboo - how long did it take to apply the carlack and the wax? I'm thinking of ordering this for my new car.

Carlack - 1hr30mins or so (this was on a Honda Jazz - my new IS is still on order)

Carnauba P21s - 1hrish

Remember to let the Carlac68 "cure" for at least 20 minutes before removing it...

Use clean old towels, followed by Microfibres for best results. If you're applying more than one coat of carnauba, wait 24 hours to apply each new coat after removing it (allow the carnauba to "harden"), and you can remove Carnauba straight away though I gave it 30 minutes or so...came off easy...

It's like beezwax, so does not haze over easily...and gets pushed around....Microfibres are best!!

PS - use different sets of towels for Carlack and Carnauba...

The Jazz is outside the window, and it's been a week now (I only applied one coat of wax so far), lots of rain and lots of driving...I can still see my house front door reflecting off the side of the car...

Dunno how long this treatment will be good for, but I reckon it's worth the extra. Turtlewax is crap ion comparison, and hopefully carlack is as good at least as Supagard...the Carnauba just gives it a deep smooth shine...time will tell....

If you're applying more than one coat of carnauba, wait 24 hours to apply new coat (allow the carnauba to "harden").

Good tip, but it tends to depend upon ambient temperature for hardening times. In this cold weather, 24hrs is about right. In hot weather (don't wax in bright sunlight BTW), 3-4 hours is fine.

If the wax doesn't harden properly the result can look hazy, especially on a dark colour.

If you're applying more than one coat of carnauba, wait 24 hours to apply new coat (allow the carnauba to "harden").

Good tip, but it tends to depend upon ambient temperature for hardening times. In this cold weather, 24hrs is about right. In hot weather (don't wax in bright sunlight BTW), 3-4 hours is fine.

If the wax doesn't harden properly the result can look hazy, especially on a dark colour.

Cheers Mr. M, So it's probably better to leave it for as long as you can...I'm fairly new to detailing...and learning fast!!!

Can't wait to get that next coat on, 'cos that should be blindin'!

Intersting thread here, I have facts for you all.

I'm a Parts Manager where I work in a well established Car Supermarket :whistling:

I buy in Supaguard boxes for £30 a box, we charge £200 to carry out treatment to a car!!! :ohmy:

Lexus down the road are charging £400 a treatment!!!

Its all a rip off, and the Supaguard boxes have too much stuff to use for a single car!

Guess who has a beautifully clean Lexus in my works :winky: :whistling: B)

Does anyone know if you can apply Carlack68 or Supagaurd etc to the alloys (obviously not the tyres)?

I am worried about the stories of lacquer disintegrating on the old IS alloys, and I know its too early to tell if the new IS wheels are as badly powder coated/lacquered...

I know wheels are painted differently to body paint...hence the question.

Does anyone know if you can apply Carlack68 or Supagaurd etc to the alloys (obviously not the tyres)?

I am worried about the stories of lacquer disintegrating on the old IS alloys, and I know its too early to tell if the new IS wheels are as badly powder coated/lacquered...

I know wheels are painted differently to body paint...hence the question.

Yes you can - but always apply a coat of wax on top

Got my carlack and wax yesterday as advised by jamboo(thanks for those intructions by the way), im going to polish and wax next weekend,. i was just wondering how often do you think you should apply the carlack and wax?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links