Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rx Active Lighting

Please can somone tell me how far the lights move .

The lights when turning left have never moved as far as when turning right.

When starting up the lights move the same distance but not when driving.

Went in for 30K Service - Lexus say working ok.

???????

They swivel just a fraction to the left, and quite a bit to the right. What you're seeing is perfectly normal. They don't need to swivel very far to the left since the beam is deflected to the left already.

Leland

They swivel just a fraction to the left, and quite a bit to the right. What you're seeing is perfectly normal. They don't need to swivel very far to the left since the beam is deflected to the left already.

Leland

I believe, from memory, it is 5 degrees to the left and 15 degrees to the right for a right hand RX.

Tony

Leland

I believe, from memory, it is 5 degrees to the left and 15 degrees to the right for a right hand RX.

Tony

Sounds about right... though I'd say a little more than 15 degrees to the right. Either way, it's not very much to the left at all.

L.

Leland

Tony

Sounds about right... though I'd say a little more than 15 degrees to the right. Either way, it's not very much to the left at all.

L.

What I have stated is the spec as per the Lexus UK website - under Technology Explorer, Intelligent Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS).

Tony

Please can somone tell me how far the lights move .

The lights when turning left have never moved as far as when turning right.

When starting up the lights move the same distance but not when driving.

Went in for 30K Service - Lexus say working ok.

???????

From lexus.co.uk ....

"At night, a Lexus with i-AFS lets you see around corners. It estimates where you will be in three seconds' time, using sensors that monitor your speed and the angle of your front wheels, and shines the car's headlights in that direction. The left and right headlamps swivel by different amounts depending on the way you are turning - one swivels by 5°, and the other by 15°.

So when you approach a corner, your lights follow the road ahead rather than simply illuminating the edge of the road. It helps take the strain out of night driving, especially on unfamiliar winding roads. "

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links