Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Satnav Coverage For Ireland

efirl

I'm just about to order the IS 250 here in Ireland and am considering the MM pack. But does anybody know what the level of detail in the Satnav coverage is for Ireland (Republic)? I've been told that its mostly only the cities - but does that mean that there is only extremely basic information available for the other areas (i.e. just the "N" roads), or just that there are no detailed street by street maps for towns?

And does anyone know which map-maker actually supplies the maps for Europe? For example Garmin or whoever..

Thanks!

I seen something on that on rte or some channel bit of detail round the city and then say dub to cork is like a straight continuous red line no detail what so ever you could go off track n it would still tell you your heading the right way! :duh:

I have ordered MM package for mine but to be honest its probanly not worth it here in Ireland.

A :yawn: t least Ill have the better stereo and the reversing camera!

Plus the Bluetooth.

Don't know for sure which company supplies the maps for Ireland but currently the company with the best coverage is Navteq.

My Dad has an RX300 with satnav and in the cities it is very good. Between the cities it's just motorways and A roads.

I know Microsoft claim AutoRoute 2005 has 99% coverage.

The big probelm in Ireland however is the fact we don't use Post codes. Makes it difficult to find roads you are looking for because we seem to have given the roads in every city and town the same names.

I think I remembering hearing that they were supposed to be introducing postcodes in Ireland!

the Government have asked the chairperson of Comreg to help form a Work Group to look at appointing some experts to evaluate the situation. :duh:

I believe the due date is 1 Jan 2008

I think I remembering hearing that they were supposed to be introducing postcodes in Ireland!

Guess who put the breaks on that.

"That would be a change in operating proceedures. Lots more money please".

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links