Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Launch Control!

akkilles

One question:

Is available in any model Lexus the system "Launch Control", like that on the BMWs?

only on the IS200

IS200...are you sure? :blink:

only if i am understanding the question correct

i thought he was asking if you can have launch control fitted on a lexus

if that is the question then i am sure

if it wasnt the intended question then i am not sure ;)

Strictly speaking, launch control can be fitted to any car. On my system I had a whole new stand alone ECU fitted, in which I had launch control added. It can be done on an auto (I think) but there is a bit more messing about and bother to get it to work right.

Launch control is basicaly a rev limiter which kicks in until a certain set speed is reached ( for eg 10kph).

My car limits at 3215rpm until 10kmph. (then all hell breaks loose :o :P :D ) It can obviously be set to different levels for different cars. I also have a set amount of ignition retard tapped in. This causes the engine to work against itself. In turn the turbo starts to boost because it is under pressure. The result is that I have 0.2bar of boost while sitting on the line :ohmy::huh: (ready to go)

I know that Race Logic have a traction and launch control system, but that GRiM could not get the launch control working with the IS200 electronics setup.

Have a look at this and you should hear the turbo winding up to 0.2bar (low boost) before I "launch"

http://media.putfile.com/is-turbo-4

http://media.putfile.com/is-turbo-8

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links