Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ps3 Launce Announced

swfcdan

november is in japan though, then they will release it in america and finaly here in feb/march!!!

so you will have a bit more time to save up!

i realy cant see them being able to release it world wide

november is in japan though, then they will release it in america and finaly here in feb/march!!!

so you will have a bit more time to save up!

i realy cant see them being able to release it world wide

its a wordwide lauch as it was with the Xbox 360, so it will be launced on the same day/month accross all regions wether it be US, Asia or Europe. no doubt there will be mass shortages as per usual

Im waiting for the Nintendo Revolution! :D

Me too! I've had extensive plays on the prototype controller and it truly is the future! B)

Nintendos days are long gone to be a major player.

I have a 360 and my only gripe is the lack of 'true' 360 releases. I dont want to buy port overs with just a little better graphics.

I have a 360 and my only gripe is the lack of 'true' 360 releases. I dont want to buy port overs with just a little better graphics.

I reckon they're being pretty canny - they're going for the "second console" market and will clean up. Revolution is going to launch at a sub £100 price - and the controller is simply the most exciting thing to happen to consoles since 3D gfx.

I reckon they're being pretty canny - they're going for the "second console" market and will clean up. Revolution is going to launch at a sub £100 price - and the controller is simply the most exciting thing to happen to consoles since 3D gfx.

:o Pictures, we need pictures :o :o :o :o :o

edx2wt4zfrpioiroy3jwemfpgjxu5m.jpg

It's basically a wireless pointer device that works on motion tracking rather than IR but is very VERY precise. The bit in the left hand is a plug in thingy that has an analogue stick (thus making it incredible for FPS games - better than mouse+keyboard from what I've played). Plus you can plug the wireless remote bit into all kind of cheap extras - e.g. you plug it into a steering wheel for racing games etc.

Theres a promo video about which I'll dig up....hang on...

*edit* - HERE it is - 16mb mov file - *edit*

Edited by Hando

edx2wt4zfrpioiroy3jwemfpgjxu5m.jpg

It's basically a wireless pointer device that works on motion tracking rather than IR but is very VERY precise. The bit in the left hand is a plug in thingy that has an analogue stick (thus making it incredible for FPS games - better than mouse+keyboard from what I've played). Plus you can plug the wireless remote bit into all kind of cheap extras - e.g. you plug it into a steering wheel for racing games etc.

Theres a promo video about which I'll dig up....hang on...

*edit* - HERE it is - 16mb mov file - *edit*

Meet cute girls! :blink::blink::blink:

Nintendo's have always been a bit naf though, games designers have always passed them by have they not.

I wonder if they'll do a Super Mario game for it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lol - I'm a game designer and I'd bite my own arm off to work on Rev (in fact I might be soon :ph34r: )

But yeah - expect at least 20 Mario games: Mario tennis, Mario Baseball, Mario ironing etc...

Im waiting for the Nintendo Revolution! :D

Me too! I've had extensive plays on the prototype controller and it truly is the future! B)

Only if your a Lemming! Nintendo are so inovative and have a huge loyal fan base. Nintendo would still do great if they only sold their games on their consoles, just mean a small snip of the pie with high profit margins.

The whole xBox 360 is all about graphics.....fail to see how that captures anyones sense of changing how gaming is viewed and played!

Its all the same old with them, bigger, faster graphics. Liek American muscle cars.....instead if improving existing platforms they just stick a bigger CPU in!

Ninendo make fun, enjoyable games and great consoles, and so long as their around i'll be playing video games.

Nintendo's cash pile and dominant handheld record will keep them in the game for a long time.

Nintendo's have always been a bit naf though, games designers have always passed them by have they not.

I wonder if they'll do a Super Mario game for it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nintendo games are second to none, gameplay is top! Game designers pass them by....how does that work? Nintendo contract other developers to make some of their key franchises. You have to be creame of the crop to work with Ninty!

This is where they come undone. Their games are so good, that when they launch their own games on their console, the other third party games struggle to sell.

No offence, but you'd have to be an idiot to say their games are naf. You may not like them, but their structure and coding is fantastic. No, glitches, quick loading times, the list is endless.

Whitch the SNES mastered! :D

hmmm as far as the nintendo goes i like it for its novelty value, but look how the PSP smashed the gamboy and that other double screen thing..... by actualy being useful.....

I play mostly war games etc such as Ghost recon and the reality just gets better and better.... Nintendo seem to continualy stick to the same formula... i loved my N64 but it all got a bit samey samey after goldeneye.

I havent tried the new controller, but i must say it looks like an adults toy from ann summers! rather than a viable controler.

I just feel like the older i get the less i like nintendo, and i have had them since i was about 7.

I just feel like the older i get the less i like nintendo, and i have had them since i was about 7.

:lol: that was not to long ago then chris :P

360 all the way for me, its just so dame good B)

PS3, the pros and cons:

Pro

Serious gaming machine.

Blu Ray

Gaming heritage, more likely to produce a lot more games than the xbox

Cons

Price, price speculation varies from 600 to 1000 euro (£500-£700). Either way that is a very very expensive console.

Blu Ray drives will add to the cost of the consoles

Blu Ray discs may cost more than £10 to produce which will mean the cost of games is going to be high.

Cell- the new untested (on the public) chip that Sony are manufacturing just so they can save a few bucks. Trying to compete with AMD and Intel as a newbie might not be such a good idea. Only time will tell.

The bottom line about the whole Sony v MS console debate rests on a single issue. Cash. MS have 30+ billion to play around with, Sony only have 2 billion. The squirt (Sony) has been smack talking the bully (Microsoft) and while MS can afford to loose money on each Xbox sold, Sony will have to get back money invested in R&D as well as the expensive state of the art components that it will be placing in the PS3. Has Sony overstretched itself? quite possibly in my opinion. If the Playstation fans support the new unit it will be a success BUT if it turns out to be an overpriced bugged console we may see Sony taking a very bit hit financially. They plan to sell 200million consoles in the next 5 years (12mil in the first year) which seems very far off the mark imo as they have only sold 100mil PS2's to date and in a couple of years they will be announcing the PS4.

Will you spend £600 on a PS3 (with £60-£80 for each game) for your son/daughter/yourself for xmas?

I am very interested to see how this plays out, the competition between Sony and MS has given us better consoles that we thought possible and i for one hope this grudge match continues.

my Dad used to work for SCEE (sony computer entertainemnt Europe) before getting another job, and regardless of wether it is Microsoft or Sony, they always sell the early consoles at a loss. Cant remember the figures but sony were losing out on money big time with the relseason of the PS2 and it is inevitable that they will this time round. They make there money back in later stages of production as the cost of manufacturing falls.

My dad think they will probs lose aroud £180 per console sold in early stages of production and priced around the £400 mark. That is just his assumptions as no actualy prices has been confirmed by Sony

my Dad used to work for SCEE (sony computer entertainemnt Europe) before getting another job, and regardless of wether it is Microsoft or Sony, they always sell the early consoles at a loss. Cant remember the figures but sony were losing out on money big time with the relseason of the PS2 and it is inevitable that they will this time round. They make there money back in later stages of production as the cost of manufacturing falls.

My dad think they will probs lose aroud £180 per console sold in early stages of production and priced around the £400 mark. That is just his assumptions as no actualy prices has been confirmed by Sony

They also make their money off every game sold (regardless of whether it's published by them or not), so it's in their interest to invest in getting their hardware in as many homes as possible and then start taking their cut of the software.

£180 loss per console sounds about right.

Im still hoping Sega will return to the Console Market :crybaby:

I still rate the Saturn as one of the best consoles ever B)

Now you're talking! Dreamcast was great too. Not gonna happen though - it's just too expenisve nowadays for small companies :crybaby:

hmmm as far as the nintendo goes i like it for its novelty value, but look how the PSP smashed the gamboy and that other double screen thing..... by actualy being useful.....

I play mostly war games etc such as Ghost recon and the reality just gets better and better.... Nintendo seem to continualy stick to the same formula... i loved my N64 but it all got a bit samey samey after goldeneye.

I havent tried the new controller, but i must say it looks like an adults toy from ann summers! rather than a viable controler.

Can't argure with tfigures though, nothing anytime soon will knock off GameBoy as the most successful handheld console ever!

The DS is likely to continue Nintendo's position as top in this market. The DS has been selling at a ratio of 2-1.

The Japs can't get enough of them! Causing major shortages infact.

Thing I most like about Nintendo, they follow other companies market trends, they create their own, and the games are great as you don't need half a day to get into them. Pick up, play, have fun! Simple :D

i suppose its like books realy, some people love sci fi, others love novels, murder mystery and its nice that you can choose.

The consoles i suppose represent each "style" of gaming.

Nintendo cater for the Arcade style and dont realy have any competition, which is good and the jap market will always keep them alive.

Microsoft have realy hit the nail on the head, i havent even looked at my PS2 or origional Xbox since getting the 360.

It caters for all i need, wireless controlers, online gaming. extra content. the games are realy getting better... for example the graphical difference between Call of duty to ghost recon is amazing!!

so when the developers finaly get sorted it will be great.

I think sony will have a lot to live up to and will have a lot of release problems with the new technologoy they are using....

Marcus - its true, it was only 17 years since i was 7....

I think i have grown up with most of the major computer systems from the atari to the spectrum, commadore 64, sega magadrive etc... i still remember playing wolfenstein and wishing for more realism - and now we have it!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links