Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should A Lexus Rattle?

maneesh

Lots of debate in the IS forum right now about rattly new IS cars.

my question to fellow Lexus owners is: should the interior of a Lexus be rattle free?

Also, I want to know, is YOUR Lexus rattle free?

i have a few rattles in the spare wheel well, where i keep my additional tools... that reminds me... i must put them in bag tomorrow :D hehehe...

no rattles dude... 5 years old, 40mm lowered all round on TTE coils, pretty stiff suspension. :)

no rattles , so why should a new one rattle. :D

Hello fellow Lexuns

I have just bought a donor car for my own Lexus 90 LS400 I had stupidly damaged the bonnet and the same colour donor car(would have done another ten years but for suspension damage beyond insurance scope) came with a clean bonnet at half the price for the car as what Lexus wanted for the bonnet renewed.I have sold the drive train and with various other sales of parts I did'nt keep have recouped the initial outlay.and benefitted from 40 spare parts .I have carefully dismantled the car so it can still be driven less interior including dashboard and seats and all linings door panels and all electrical components motors ecu's etc ,less those associated with the engine and gearbox .This as been a terrific experience the car is built in such a way that any potential rattles have been eradicated with the use of modular wiring conduits foam rubber ,anchors to elimanate any slack in looms every electrical connection to any source is by means of non movable plug and sockets.contact points between brittle surfaces are padded including all the air conditioning ducts where it might contact metal.It seems that the design engineers were under pain of death should any car be recalled for a rattle.In my 40 years of owning cars from frog eyed sprites to jaguars the lexus ls 400 of 1990 was a truly remarkable feat of engineering in terms of automobile construction. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links