Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaning Car During Hosepipe Ban

Any ideas here. :question: I haven't cleaned my IS250 since I found out there was a hosepipe ban in place in SE.

I was looking to buy a suction hose for my pressure washer so I could suck water out of a big barrel I had filled from the tap. :P :P

Now they are talking about banning cleaning cars!!!!!!! :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Any ideas on good cleaning tips just using a bucket. I don't want to go swirling grit around with my sponge.

Any ideas here. :question: I haven't cleaned my IS250 since I found out there was a hosepipe ban in place in SE.

I was looking to buy a suction hose for my pressure washer so I could suck water out of a big barrel I had filled from the tap. :P :P

Now they are talking about banning cleaning cars!!!!!!! :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Any ideas on good cleaning tips just using a bucket. I don't want to go swirling grit around with my sponge.

Use 2 buckets and a plastic jug - s'what i do. Pour clean cold water from both buckets with jug over car to rinse it. Then fill one bucket with warm water and shampoo of your choice and the other with clean cold water. Wash a panel at a time and rinse out mitt in the cold water bucket (getting rid of grit etc) between panels. When fully washed fill both buckets with clean cold water and use jug to rinse car. Then dry.

:D

I use a bucket for washing (always wash top down !) then rinse with a watering can.

It has occured to me that the watering can could be filled from a water butt in the garden if the water butt has a lid and is kept clean (maybe some sort of muslin cloth filter could be dropped onto the top of the watering can when filling to filter out any dirt which does not sink?). This is what I am considering at the moment since I am considering going onto a water meter to save cash.

I've used water from a water butt for years. No problem with bits in the water as the outlet is a couple of inches above the bottom, dirt sinks & leaves etc float - you get clean water from in between. Clean it out once a year and fit a hoselock connector instead of the tap - you can then run a pressure washer if its below the level of the outlet. Rain water is also softer than tap water.

The Ban doesn't start in London until the 3rd April 2006 so you can still use the hose pipe at present..................

Not in London. Medway, Kent - already has hosepipe ban apparantly although I only found out recently from the paper.. Sounds like its been inplace for a while

I bought one of these car washing kits years ago,been sold under different names over the years.Theres a one way valve so you get fresh water as you wash.Think this will be the way to go as it uses so little water :) so your not having to keep topping the bucket up.

54_1_b.JPG

Cheers chips..

i use a watering can and fill it up with a hose i am shore i read in the extra or the adseen that you can use it but only if you with the hose like washing the car and not filling a fish pond or swimming pool were u leave it

what coulor is yo car as i am in chatham and i drive the only mk3 ls400 sliver one in chatham that i have seen

I have heard this term "hosepipe ban" a few times before but never actually put any thought into what it was. I am amazed that there is a ban on using a hose pipe!!!!!

Why is this?

for what reason?

What possible harm could a hose pipe do???

Am I living in the real world???

"As he picks his jaw up off the floor!!"

Last ban I waited until it did rain and then went out in the waterproofs with a 'bucket of bubbles' and washed it in the rain.

A sort of wash & rinse simultaneously.

I actually have done that before when I'm pushed for time, the softer rain water doesn't need leathering down either.

I do get funny looks from peeps going past to the shops though :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links