Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

Have you seen the budget yet?

New rate of road tax announced for big cars band G, those that produce more than 225 gms of CO2 per Km its going to cost £210 per year, only affecting cars registed after 2001 (LS430's etc).

For the rest of us LS owners we have got to find another fiver i.e. £175.

Still its worth it!

Regards,

Chris Vince

I don't see the big deal. If you can afford to buy and maintain a LS430, then £210 a year in road tax is pretty much loose change!! You are losing more than that every month just on depreciation!!!

Its the pure principal of it though, weather you can or can't afford it is irrelevant on what car you own, and to comound frustration what do they plan on doing with the increase in tax revenues.....? Probably naff all for the raods itself but increase budget for Athletes! WTF is all that about?!

I don't see the big deal. If you can afford to buy and maintain a LS430, then £210 a year in road tax is pretty much loose change!! You are losing more than that every month just on depreciation!!!

Hang on - I looked up the LS 430 on the DVLA website after the changes were posted yesterday - it is in band F not G as far as I could see - ie Toyota have produced a 4.3 litre engine with better emissions than a 4x4 (as you would expect) so it is in the rate below the new £210 - correct me if I am wrong please i am just about to tax!.

For me, big gas gusselers like 4by4s (and us Lexus drivers) pay much more tax to start with because of the massive tax levys on petrol that we use.

Highway tax should be based on the miles you do, that is why petrol tax is "fair" compared to road fund tax.

Some old chap who has skimped and scrapped for all his life decides that for his last car he will treat him self to a lovely LS400, and he does about 3 thousand miles a year.

The person next door drives 40 thousand miles a year in a mid sized family car.

WHO creates the most polution and who pays the most tax, what is an extra £40 in income going to do for the govt and the old man? £40 for the LS400 is about the same as the tax on 1 full tank of petrol.

Hang on - I looked up the LS 430 on the DVLA website after the changes were posted yesterday - it is in band F not G as far as I could see - ie Toyota have produced a 4.3 litre engine with better emissions than a 4x4 (as you would expect) so it is in the rate below the new £210 - correct me if I am wrong please i am just about to tax!.

I have just had another look at the DVLA site and they still list the CO2 emissions of a LS430 as 270Gms per Km. this puts it in the new G band, but now they qualify this as applicable only to cars registered on or after 23rd March 2006.

Chris Vince

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links