Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Stereo Is Good

I am waiting for my stereo fascia plate to arrive... so i am looking to buy a new aftermarket stereo.

I am looking to spend no more than £500 as I am not after anything too superb.. just something thats nice and clear.

I have 8 speaker system in the car at the mo..

So.. what is best brand for money??

Cheers

Sony now do a head unit which includes a hard disk based MP3 player along with cd. It's about time one of the big manufacturers did this but unfortunately it's a bit beyond your budget, and most peoples too - £1500!! :ohmy: :(

Personally if I was spending £500 on just a head unit, I would go for Nakamichi. If you can see past the terrible looks, you will find one of the best sounding car cd players out there.

If you want something a bit more flash, try Pioneer and Kenwood like the guys said. Alpine is another alternative, but you dont get as much for your money as you do with Kenwood and Pioneer. By the way, steer clear of the Pioneer DEH-P7400MP as it sounds awfull (that is from personal experience - I had it all of 4 days in my last car, yet strangley the model below it, the DEH-P6400R sounds fantastic :blink: ).

http://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/hfw/bgsystems.html (look at the review of the cd45)

http://www.nakamichi.com/

hehe in the same positition wondering which brand is good etc.

I always find certain makes have a certain own distinct sound quality...

But i aint really that fussy because i have been using a clapped out factory unit for 2 years.

but still want an opionion of what is good for my money

I would say 300 squid for head unit and 200 on speakers etc..

yeah as the guys said pioneer is good stuff. got my dad oone for his merc with a 6disc changer. cost me "£400. brilliant stereo!

the new pioneer one looks good. the front slides down to reveal a sperate screen that has all the graphics and everything on it. seen them for bout £400 aswell

sony got a new stereo out now that has a front screen on it, that if you got a sony digital cam corder you can put the memory chip in the stereo and play it back on that stereo screen.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links