Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Dealers

Whether you're a 1st or 2nd gen IS owner, you may have stories of poor product and/or sales knowledge. I thought I'd kick this off if anyone feels inclind to share their stories (serious or funny) of where the salesman, parts, service, business manager etc have told you things that are, well naive, stupid, or you actually believed them until you learnt better...

Anyone?

The classic one for me is that the seats are cooled by the A/C....I thougt how true until I started worrying about condensation under the seats ( :sick: ) and how badly that would smell...

Another one is that the new diesel IS shares no engines with the Toyota brand... :o

and last one is that "No, we can't give you a discount on the list price 'cos it's such a new model..." :tsktsk:

When I collected my new IS200SE in 2001, the sales guy who did the handover told me a right load of tosh but the best was;

"yeah, sixth gear is a lower ratio than fifth, for overtaking" - riiiiight

Recently I had a 250 loaner while the 300 was in for service and was advised that it would "handle a lot better than the previous shape due to it having double wishbones at the front" - I didn't bother to ask what layout he thought the old one was.

When I collected my new IS200SE in 2001, the sales guy who did the handover told me a right load of tosh but the best was;

Recently I had a 250 loaner while the 300 was in for service and was advised that it would "handle a lot better than the previous shape due to it having double wishbones at the front" - I didn't bother to ask what layout he thought the old one was.

You wonder what they were taught when they all went on the pre-launch jolly to Monaco! Obviously thought it best not to overload them with the technical stuff. I was asking questions about the Sport when it appeared in the showroom, but the answer I got was 'you probably know more about it than me at the moment'. :o

You wonder what they were taught when they all went on the pre-launch jolly to Monaco! Obviously thought it best not to overload them with the technical stuff. I was asking questions about the Sport when it appeared in the showroom, but the answer I got was 'you probably know more about it than me at the moment'. :o

... :lol::lol: and they were right no doubt...

Keep 'em coming - come one guys, there must be some gems out there!!

My favorite was the Sat Nav demo at handover ...

We punched in the post code of the Lexus Poole dealership only to find it wasn't recognised :D Otherwise I can't fault the knowledge down at Poole, they all seem very clued up and know the cars (and their customers).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links