Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

400 bhp :) (Due to gearbox)

The car wont be to its full potential straight away as I need a couple more goodies, but they are in the pipe line. The end result should / will be around the 400 bhp figure though.

The turbo is good for 420 bhp and with the uprated internals plus head work and uprated headgasket etc this figure should be achieved. Plus cams so as to raise the rev limit and new exhaust system, lightened flywheel and larger intercooler. etc etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately.. There seems to be a delay :unsure:

The bearings have still not arrived at the engine building place...

The block does not fit the head exactly.. SOOoo the block is now being skimmed to ensure exact fitment.

If you're doing an engine rebuild, you want everything to fit and be secure so there is NO problems down the line..

We are still trying for the Jap Show (next weekend) but is extremely doubtfull....

So hoping for another 2 / 3 weeks..

I've also now decided that I'll get a new larger, free flowing exhaust system fitted before the beast is remapped. To save on mapping again.. (Which means I've got a Kazama for sale)

Daz.. I'll be in touch buddy, or I'll have a word with you at Santa Pod anyway :winky:

:o

...and I wished I could finally see pics of internals install, and everything else under the hood. :shifty:

Everything will be OK mate, let me know any news coming up on your project. :winky:

:o

...and I wished I could finally see pics of internals install, and everything else under the hood. :shifty:

Everything will be OK mate, let me know any news coming up on your project. :winky:

No worries buddy.

I doubt there will be progress pics as it takes alot of effort just to get the info out of them..

BUT I will keep you updated and post pics as and when I can :winky:

The engine block is now built and finished and at the moment is being painted black. :D

The gas flowing / porting etc is now being done to the head, so hoping to have the engine complete and installed back into the car, new clutch etc by Monday :D

Engine not fitted yet. The pistons seemed a little too snug for comfort. So the bore is being honed. Engine is back on Monday and will be fitted then. Headwork is nearly finished and will also be fitted. I've also managed to sort out an MOT :shifty: and maybe the new exhaust system, price depending.

There is a guy though who has an IS200 and been visting the garage regularly (a friend of theirs) who has taken a shine to my car and is very interested in having my turbo kit :)

Engine not fitted yet. The pistons seemed a little too snug for comfort. So the bore is being honed. Engine is back on Monday and will be fitted then. Headwork is nearly finished and will also be fitted. I've also managed to sort out an MOT :shifty: and maybe the new exhaust system, price depending.

There is a guy though who has an IS200 and been visting the garage regularly (a friend of theirs) who has taken a shine to my car and is very interested in having my turbo kit :)

Good to hear it's coming along Adie :).

The piston to bore clearance is a critical issue so it's important to establish the correct clearance from the manufacturer. Too little will result in seizure, and too much will result in excessive noise and poor oil control. The recommended clearance varies according to the manufacturer. The top brands like Cosworth, Toda, HKS etc use a tiny clearance close to standard (0.0005" to 0.0015") whereas most of the US manfacturers use 0.003" to 0.006".

Yes mate. Unfortunately it seems that the piston specs were mislaid. Which is why I was asking the questions the other day about clearances etc. So on fitting them it was decided that they were a little too tight. So honing the bore will clear this problem. It wont be bored too much as for the internals to rattle on cold but just enough to ensure that they wont seize when they expand when hot.

Block is built - finished

All head work now finished, porting etc....

Pick the block up on Monday and the complete engine will be fitted up to gearbox, including new uprated head gasket, new cerametallic clutch etc.. on monday.

I'm going back over on Wednesday to have a butchers and also to sort out and discuss the fine details of the new turbo installation and the other bits / parts that are being done.. :yawn:

Block is built - finished

All head work now finished, porting etc....

Pick the block up on Monday and the complete engine will be fitted up to gearbox, including new uprated head gasket, new cerametallic clutch etc.. on monday.

I'm going back over on Wednesday to have a butchers and also to sort out and discuss the fine details of the new turbo installation and the other bits / parts that are being done.. :yawn:

Sounds good mate, take a camera along so we can all see this beauti, what clutch you gone for i think i need to replace mine as its still on standard clutch on 97,000 miles :o

what ones u recommend

Nice one, bet you can't wait to get it back fella!

Plus with all this stuff done it's gonna be seriously quick :D

To be honest mate, the last month or so I've totally lost interest in the car. I think because its sooooo long since I've properly seen it and hardly driven it in the last year. But seeing those Skylines at Santa Pod got me thinking about them again and then I thought... hold on I will soon have a really fast IS200 alot less common as a Skyline..

Soo my dreams are still there but at the moment they seem like pipe dreams or just very far in the distance.

Hopefully this will all change when I see her again with an engine on Wednesday and then it'll feel like waiting for Christmas again :)

Sounds good mate, take a camera along so we can all see this beauti, what clutch you gone for i think i need to replace mine as its still on standard clutch on 97,000 miles :o

what ones u recommend

I'm now fitting a cerametallic Helix (paddle) clutch. I used to have the Helix organic clutch but with my racelogic launch control it didn't really last too long..

For you Elliott I suggest the Helix organic clutch mate. Its uprated and has an OEM feel and should be up to the job for what you are doing.. Unless you go for launch control too and just abuse it :P

Just wait for the buzz you'll get when you're driving it and leaving people standing, I had one of those V10 Tourag things up my arse on the motorway earlier, as soon as it was clear I started pulling, though not as fast as I was expecting, but then eventually when it came to my turning I slowed down to let it past and I was quite happy that I'd been pulling on a 5 litre V10 diesel with 533ft/lb torque, don't think he was expecting that to happen :D

To be honest mate, the last month or so I've totally lost interest in the car. I think because its sooooo long since I've properly seen it and hardly driven it in the last year. But seeing those Skylines at Santa Pod got me thinking about them again and then I thought... hold on I will soon have a really fast IS200 alot less common as a Skyline..

Soo my dreams are still there but at the moment they seem like pipe dreams or just very far in the distance.

I know that buddy, but to live a dream means hard work and strong nerves.

Before I built u my IS200T it was a time where just 2 guys in the world had a Turbo IS200

and the job was done by professional workshops, one was TDi the other in Australia, Rayhall I guess.

And I wanted to do it by myself and didn't know how to do. :crybaby:

Some time before getting all the parts my thought was like "Ah crap, forget all that sh*t!" :crying::crybaby:

But I didn't do that and kept on tracking my target and I got it! :blush: :D

And the same will happen to you mate!!

Don't loose your nerves, I know it's a hard way, but everything will be fine in the end!!

Keep on your way you have choosen! :winky:

Just been to see the car yet again. Engine still not fitted :crybaby: The head has been sent away to be cleaned so there is no crap left in it from where its been ported etc. The head will be back tomorrow morning.

I did however get a chance to look at the completed block and have a 'feel'. Feels soooo smooth inside and looks very smart indeed. Very clean and the block itself has been painted black.

The block is being fitted up to gearbox etc this evening (definately) and the head shall be fitted to it when it arrives back tomorrow morning.

Fuel return line is also fitted. No FPR yet though as this will be fitted after the engine is back in so we know what we've got to play with.

Also managed to sort out what I'm going to be doing with the new down pipe / exhaust system and what I'll be doing with the turbo pipe work. Its just a case of putting it together now and see what fits and what doesn't. Then just modify to fit.

This should be started early next week. :)

Oh and NO screamer pipe :winky:

I also forgot to take pics of the block :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links