Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Swap

Tango

Anyone know if the 250 wheels will fit the IS200? I'm upgrading my 17" Rims to 18" on the 250 and wondered if the 17" were a straight swop for the 17"OEM's on my 200. The 250 rears are wider than the fronts but unsure about the offset and the PCD of the holes.

Anyone know if the 250 wheels will fit the IS200? I'm upgrading my 17" Rims to 18" on the 250 and wondered if the 17" were a straight swop for the 17"OEM's on my 200. The 250 rears are wider than the fronts but unsure about the offset and the PCD of the holes.

Anyone???

Sorted. Thanks Bazza. The 250 wheels can be 16", 17" (as are mine) or 18", but presumably all the same offset. I'll just replace my IS200 17" with the new IS250 17"'s.

I'll also need to double check tyre diameter just to ensure the speedometer and satnav doesn't need re-calibration.

• 1 month later...
through intensive research :

The Front wheels are 18X8 45MM offset... Rear Wheels are 18X8.5 50MM Offset

yes they will fit the 200/300

rkwosw.jpg

Confirmed! Got 'em. :) Will be putting up pics soon, just wating for the tyres to arrive.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Sorted. Thanks Bazza. The 250 wheels can be 16", 17" (as are mine) or 18", but presumably all the same offset. I'll just replace my IS200 17" with the new IS250 17"'s.

I'll also need to double check tyre diameter just to ensure the speedometer and satnav doesn't need re-calibration.

Tango,

Which style did you go for in the end?

Tel :driving:

Tango,

Which style did you go for in the end?

Tel,

Same as RX-Men-8 fitted to his 200. They're the 18" OEM called 'Spiders' in the States, but I'm sure the same style is called something different here in the UK.

They look nice :)

How much did they cost?

I will be needing some 18s pretty soon :shifty:

As far as I know these are hard to get through a dealer, they only do the accessory Lexus wheels mentioned on the website: Spider (these are different ones!) and/or ISP (multispoke, also in dark chrome): link

I got these secondhand from someone who actually has put some AEZ Excite wheels on his IS220d Sport.

I like the new IS wheels as they look big. I think with a deep dish rim you'd need 19's to get them to look as big as these.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Tango,

In the UK your wheel is called Baransu:I have chosen the Hoshi's which are called Spider's in the US & should be fitted soon with mud-flaps-awesome! Will post pics when sorted & when someone kindly tells me how to "attach" fotos(please).Finally what tyres did you choose & why?

Thanks!

TEL :driving:

Tango,

In the UK your wheel is called Baransu:I have chosen the Hoshi's which are called Spider's in the US & should be fitted soon with mud-flaps-awesome! Will post pics when sorted & when someone kindly tells me how to "attach" fotos(please).Finally what tyres did you choose & why?

Thanks!

Tel,

No the ones I was going for are the G-Spiders in the States, which I think are the Baransus over here. I'm having second thoughts now 'cos I really like the BBS wheeels. Very similar to the G-Spiders but seem to be a lot stronger construction and look better in my opinion. Trouble is they're a lot more expensive. I was just going to fit the same tyres as I have now on the 17" rims on both my '200 & '250..Bridgestone Potenzas. 225/40-18. Are you fitting the same sizes? Thought the 18 x 8.5 rears may take a broader tyre?

Tango,

Fitting 225/40/18 fronts & 255/40/18 rear as per the Factory:do not yet know which tyre as Lexus supply the Dunlops & Bridgestones & LOC members, Globally,have no preference:what tyre manufacture have you chosen? Also note the Spacesaver Spare needs changing too as the 18" combo is c.15mm. bigger.

Tango,

Fitting 225/40/18 fronts & 255/40/18 rear as per the Factory:do not yet know which tyre as Lexus supply the Dunlops & Bridgestones & LOC members, Globally,have no preference:what tyre manufacture have you chosen? Also note the Spacesaver Spare needs changing too as the 18" combo is c.15mm. bigger.

Is that right? I thought the 225/40/18 & 255/40/18 set up with the 18" rims gave the same rolling radius as the 17" with the higher profile tyres. Is the spacesaver in the Sport a different part number than the one in other models?

Tango,

Having looked a little further into it, the Spacesavers are different but the combo may be,as you say,the same !

17" 125/70/D17/98M

18" 145/70/D17/106M,cost £59.18

Tango,

Having looked a little further into it, the Spacesavers are different but the combo may be,as you say,the same !

17" 125/70/D17/98M

Tel

Tango,

Have answered your latest post but for some reason it has not transferred to the top of the list!!!!

TEL

Tango,

17" 125/70/D17/98M

Tel,

Have you recalibrated your speedometer? If the rolling radius is different it'll probably mean a change to the satnav settings. :o

Tango,

Lexus has always supplied my 18" wheels on my new IS 200 Sport,IS 300 &,this week hopefully,6 mnths late(!), on my IS250SEL AUTO.I do not think recalibration is neceesary because if you do the maths the 18"set is within the speedometer tolerance which is c. 5% optimistic! On my 18's, my car will accelerate faster to 100mph 'til the added drag sets in!!!!!!

Tango,

Up-date,

a)Have you got pics of your new wheels fitted ?

b)My flaps & wheels should be fitted this week & really fill those arches:hope the rear flap spans the 255/40!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links