Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Prolex Induction Kit

javadude

Hmmm not quite as easy as I'd hoped. Getting the rubber sleeve over the air intake was a real pain and it popped off again as soon as I moved the induction tube a bit so had to do it again. I put a couple of jubilee clips over it so that each end was secure once it was on. Someone else did the same and I'd recommend it.

The bracket didn't fit where it was meant to. I remember someone saying something about using a spacer but I was worried about the tube being too high for the bonnet. Given a choice between filing the metal bracket or the plastic box around the bolt hole I went with the plastic. It doesnt fit right in but enough that the original bolt will now reach.

I know someone had found they needed to replace the oil breather pipe and I see why now. On mine its not long enough to reach, even taking it off and turning it around. I'm about to try some garden hose so I can pop to Halfords and get some proper hose. If the garden hose doesn't reach is it ok to bung up the hole in the induction tube and leave the breather pipe off to get me there? (Its a long walk!)

Well the garden hose was a perfect fit :D. Off to Halfords soon.... except...

testing my new headlight, putting a window down and up and listening to Delirious loud while working has flattened my Battery. Hmmm think prob need new Battery soon... on charge now...

...the tension builds... what will the car drive/sound like with the induction kit... sigh.

Well the garden hose was a perfect fit :D. Off to Halfords soon.... except...

testing my new headlight, putting a window down and up and listening to Delirious loud while working has flattened my battery. Hmmm think prob need new battery soon... on charge now...

...the tension builds... what will the car drive/sound like with the induction kit... sigh.

Sounds a bit of a btich to fit :huh: puts a few questions in my mind, hope it sounds good, ive herd it does, my Battery is 6 years old and with all my sounds in it now it drains down stupidly fast, ive had to put jump lead in my car :P

Well it was worth the wait. The car now growls nicely when revving over 4000rpm and is definitely a little faster. :wub::driving:

Only thing is.... I revved the car at the lights cause I'd not charged the Battery long and wanted to pump some juice into it and the car engine was a bit rough around 2500rpm :( It could well have been like that before though or I could have messed up anything while I had the bonnet open so doesn't mean its down to the induction kit. Any ideas? It seems to pull smoothly when under load.

Prob not due to the Battery cause I bought a new one while I was at Halfords and it was the same on the way back. They gave me the hose for free so that made me feel happier about spending some money on a Battery.

Indeed. It probably just need new plugs or something.

Today I get to take my favourite drive - lots of sweeping bends on urban dual-carriageway between Reading and Aldershot. I get to really see what the induction kit is like.

Hello

I had the same little issues fitting the induction kit (appart from battery) I just adjusted the VVTi plastic bit to hold the induction kit. (didn't get a free bit of hose) :angry: Have also made up a bracket for the filter end (bit of extra support)

At the weekend fitted a Kazama also. Gave the car a run up to Alton towers from Essex (about 280miles round trip) car drove nice and exhaust wasn't too loud on motorway, Oh and used 3/4 of a tank. (was also running Forte fuel system cleaner)

I have found that tickover is now a little lumpy...anybody know how i can adjust this?

I have not reset the ECU is this the same as most and just disconnect the Battery for about 20mins?

Induction kit does sound good, exhaust has got a hell of a rumble...its all good! :) Thanks Prolex!

Aaron

Yeah both induction kit and exhaust sound really good. Exhaust deep and smooth at low revs esp with max throttle between 2-3k. Induction kit gives bit gruffer sound thru rev range with growl over 5k. lnduction seems to make it idle lower so that might be why seems lumpy. Both seem to improve performance thru rev range. Not huge amount but enough to notice and to be worth it. Very happy.

I fitted the kit in about 20 mins flat in the snow in jan lol! I found it very easy except the fact that there was no connecting hose and no jubille clips, and no free pressie as we had been waiting so long...

I have noticed that mine too sometimes drops in revs whilst idleing...any ideas anyone?

• 1 month later...

My latest tweak to the prolex induction kit is to wrap some exhaust manifold heat insulation tape around the pipe so that it, and the air flowing through it, doesn't get so warm. I'll let you know if it makes any discernable difference to performance. I used this 2" wide tape... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=8030302913 ...but in retrospect using double the length but 1" might have been better for getting around the air flow sensor, oil breather pipe and bracket. My induction pipe rubs on the bonnet insulation so I'm hoping the addition of the tape doesn't cause me any probs...

• 6 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links