Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Head Wear

Pip

Do you wear anything ie.caps, beanies etc or does it protray chavistic images, thug wear etc?

(not including fishing hats lol!) :D

I occassionally wear a baseball cap(not back to front that is reserved when i am washing my face :blush: lol!!) when my mop hasnt had a chop or i cant be fussed with my 'do'. I find with summer looming, caps are generally a no no, as my head/scalp needs to breathe.

i wouldnt suggest wearing a cap to anyone for extended periods.i used to wear caps and im suffering for it now.No history of baldness in the men in my family,but im going that way and fast.nay

when i was 12/13 years old up till the age of 21,i started to become quite concerned with my image and that has had drastic results later on.I wasnt allowed to wear my cap in school(obviously)but straight out of school and on it went.PIP The way you describe using a cap/hat( moderately ),for example when your hair is a mess or u aint bothered about appearence is the way a cap should be warn.I managed to convince myself that i looked awful without it and it never came off.After the first couple of years no damage whatsoever infact my hair was fantastic,but now my hair is brittle/thin.my old man who is a doc estimates that ill only have my hair for another 2/3 years max.it wont be a nice day when im 30 years old sat with me grandad and me dad and they have both got full heads of hair and im bald. :D

conclusion-YAY if you can manage to wear a cap/hat moderately

NAY if one insists on cutting of blood circulation to the head

Wearing caps has had no scientific proof that it causes baldness. I think its a miff!

I occassionaly wear my free base ball hat I got with the last tup of Castrol GTX engine oil! :lol:

Its the BMW Williams one :blush:

i wear caps and beanies, i have to in the winter to keep my head warm! i'm not allowed to wear them in any of my local pubs though - caps i can understand as they can cover your face from a cctv perspective but beanies dont. big yay from me!

The summer is coming and it's cricket season, so i will be donning my cricket team hat every Saturday. Otherwise I occasionally wear a panama on smart occasions in the summer. If it's raining in the winter I may wear a baseball cap. i am already thinning, so have no worries as regards to baldness (it's going to happen anyway)

Since I've lost hair (without the aid of a hat) I've started wearing a woolly(*) hat in winter (so I don't freeze) and a baseball cap in summer (to avoid sunburn).

(*) Well actually "woolly" doesn't exactly do them justice: One is a dark blue wool hat that makes me look like a stalker. The other is erm...well... stylish. The nearest picture I've found is here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SERIOUS-SCORE-SKI-HA...1QQcmdZViewItem

Mine is black with the pointy bits in red and white :huh: :o :duh: :yahoo:

Keep it coming guys this is amusing stuff except the alopecia stories. I dont even like to kid about that!

Rsarin ever heard of a prescription drug called Finistride/Proscar (finistride is the active drug name)? Its used to combat DHT conversion to the scalp ie. lessen male pattern balding if you are pre-disposed to it. Ask your father. I had some brought back from Thailand.

I aint into the bald/shaved head thing although majority of my mates ressemble neo-nazis.

Love slapping the bastards though.

I have worn a flat cap for work since 1968, but only for work.........My first date with my wife, she walked straight past me, as she had never seen me without it before.......No I am not bald either :D

I have worn a flat cap for work since 1968, but only for work.........My first date with my wife, she walked straight past me, as she had never seen me without it before.......No I am not bald either :D

flat cap! i didn't realise they still existed always wondered if you got them with a free whippet and pint of stout though ;)

Was forced to wear all kinds of military headgear for over 7 years so i am not a big fan of hats at all, i hate baseball caps although i do fancy myself in a fedora at a jaunty angle

Cowboy hat made from some straw-like stuff (though it's very tough, almost unbreakable) that I got in Taos, New Mexico.

Straw hat (nearly worn out) from Andalucia and black Fedora from Zara in Madeira.

So each time I can remember places (and keep sun off.)

And in winter choice of wooly hats, one bearing the Man Utd crest!!! :D

(AND still got all my (grey now) hair! Had loooong hair for 40 years.....) :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links