Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cambelt Change

GALLA_4

Guys

Is there much ripping involved to change the cambelt? Like how is it accessed? From underneath?

Would the garage have to strip out my supercharger kinda thing, to get at the area for the belt :unsure:

After reading Mr Singhs "broken" thread I am tempted to get my cambelt done early and be done with it!

Cheers!

I know they say 100K or 6 years, whichever comes first but when I did a search on here I read a few post about the cambelt looking a bit worse for wear on a few motors well before 100,000K.

I've read also that some people change the belt at 60K.

I'd just prefer to be safe than sorry!

Cam belt is under the cover at the front of the engine and is accessed from above. All the drive belts need to come off but I am sure that the S/C can stay in place. Also the crankshaft drive pulley needs to come off to get the cambelt off the crankshaft, that may mean that the radiator has to come out to make room for a puller.

Is it harder or easier on the Altezza...... so the garage can't bullsh!t me for higher labour charges...

thanks

I would say, if anything, easier as you got more room to work between the front of the engine and the rad :D

Time wise it would take about a 2-3 hours max

Cam belt is under the cover at the front of the engine and is accessed from above. All the drive belts need to come off but I am sure that the S/C can stay in place. Also the crankshaft drive pulley needs to come off to get the cambelt off the crankshaft, that may mean that the radiator has to come out to make room for a puller.

good oppertunity to change all the other belts then too me thinks!

good oppertunity to change all the other belts then too me thinks!

I think Lexus actually do that at the same time - was done on mine at 150000km.

RX-Men-8

I know they say 100K or 6 years, whichever comes first but when I did a search on here I read a few post about the cambelt looking a bit worse for wear on a few motors well before 100,000K.

I've read also that some people change the belt at 60K.

I'd just prefer to be safe than sorry!

Just take the cover off and look at the belt for signs of wear. Keep an eye on it every 5-10k miles.

Hi

Got my cam belt done couple of months ago. (i have no S/C) car had hit 100K (no history of cam belt change)

its done from the front, rad does come out, all belts off, they found that my crankshaft pully had cracks in it (the big one) that cost me £240 to replace (i think Supra's and GS's are prone to this)

with the rest of the service total bill was £480

That wasn't with a lexus main dealer.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links