Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Need Help Please.

Option 1: Smash every window, Autoglass will replace them with a different brand.

Option 2: Join LOC Gold, put your new LOC stickers over the Toyota branding.

Option 2: Join LOC Gold, put your new LOC stickers over the Toyota branding.

Don't think that will work as the TOYOTA is etched and the LOC sticker goes on the inside.

So Option 1 it has to be but go Gold anyway and you should get a discount :lol::hehe:

Please can someone help.

On my IS 200 Sport - there is the word Toyota on all the windows - in the bottom corner.

I would like to erase or cover this in some way - what options do I have?

Thanks.

Slightly :offtopic: , but my windows say Lexus on them....... :blink:

Please can someone help.

On my IS 200 Sport - there is the word Toyota on all the windows - in the bottom corner.

Thanks.

Why :question: it is a toyota :D

I disagree it's a Lexus - would you call a Lamborghini an Audi?

Please can someone help.

Thanks.

99% of the parts say toyota :o i would call a lamborghini, a kit car :lol:

99% of the parts say toyota :o

I disagree that that makes it a Toyota, the new breed of Lexus's will also have Toyota parts in them but they are not Toyotas......its the fact that the IS is actually a tarted up Toyota that makes it a Toyota :lol:

Although I'll never admit to that :shifty::ph34r: :D

Please can someone help.

Thanks.

That would depend on whether it was branded, marketed and sold in a different country as an Audi, like the IS was in Japan. Aka Toyota Altezza. The IS is a Toyota.

[99% of the parts say toyota :o i would call a lamborghini, a kit car :lol:

Yeap Toyota is written all over the place, i wouldnt worry about it, no one is really going to notice, Parthiban i think they started putting Lexus on the windows after a certain year ;)

[99% of the parts say toyota :o i would call a lamborghini, a kit car :lol:

Yeap Toyota is written all over the place, i wouldnt worry about it, no one is really going to notice, Parthiban i think they started putting Lexus on the windows after a certain year ;)

I can confirm this. My old IS 2000 X Plate had Toyota everywhere. My 53 Plate IS says mainly Lexus but does say Toyota on certain parts inlcuding wheels.

This has got to be one of the most pointless threads on the forum. The make of the car is officially whatever is stated on the V5.

Is...it...really....you?

It's been quiet lately without the one and only Mr Morse!

Any way, thought I'd jump in too 'cos this is funny :lol::lol:

...Pointless thread or not....it's a Toyota...in the same way a Bugatti Veyron is a Lambo....or is it an Audi....or is it a VW....or is it a Skoda....or a Bentley :duh: :duh: ?

I still think they're all sooped up Toyota's (Lexi that is)!

This has got to be one of the most pointless threads on the forum. The make of the car is officially whatever is stated on the V5.

Is...it...really....you?

It's been quiet lately without the one and only Mr Morse!

Any way, thought I'd jump in too 'cos this is funny :lol::lol:

...Pointless thread or not....it's a Toyota...in the same way a Bugatti Veyron is a Lambo....or is it an Audi....or is it a VW....or is it a Skoda....or a Bentley :duh: :duh: ?

I still think they're all sooped up Toyota's (Lexi that is)!

Pointless it may be but we have had this one before and it ends in two camps.

1/ It's a Toyota and I don't care cos it is a great car and I love it :D

2/ It's a Lexus which is made to compete with BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc so don't dare devalue my car by calling it a common Toyota :lol:

Getting back on topic though, I think the only way to remove etching from glass is to polish it out with some kind of grinder thingy, can anyone confirm?

Fair point mate.

Don't think it is possible to remove the etching, if it was why would peeps have the reg etched onto the glass to deter theft.

You could etch over the Toyota part but that would probably look poo and make people think it was knicked.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links