Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving Pet Hates

Noel

Wel i must say i agree with most of the above, but in my old age (27) i must say i am a lot more tolerant then 10 years ago...but there will always be some things that you can't tolerate when on the road, some of mine what i can think of now....

One taillight/headlight, worse still brake light and incorrectly aimed headlights. Worse people with no brake lights at all who never check reflections and are just oblivious, i once pulled up beside a guy and informed him he had no brake lights to which he replied,

"well you better be careful then"

People who sit in the wrong lane 10mph under the speed limit then sign at you for flashing or undertaking

Braking for a speed camera at the last minute when already doing the correct speed limit anyway

Bad parking, inconsiderate idiots who don't leave enough room when there is and moan when ther car gets damaged

People who block KEEP CLEAR markings so you have to sit there and wait AGAIN!

Drivers who don't say thank you when you go out your way to be considerate

Wrong timed/incorrect/not needed signal

My wifes driving Lol!!

Jus some of my pet hates, i'm sure there is plenty more but thats jus what i could think of for now!

Another one of mine.......

Now this is probably just an Irish issue... ( or is it )

Picture a country road and you see two cars ahead .... when you get closer you realise that they are stopped side by side with the windows open having a great chat...... now you think they've seen me so one of them might move on and let me through or pull in behind the other and get out and sit into his mates passenger seat and chat for the rest of the FN day........

Nooooooo.... the amount of times i have had to wait for these dumbos to realise that yes i am in a hurry and yes i do mind ......

reving the engine dosen't work ,one light beep of the horn just to convey my urgency sometimes works.....

But to top it all off... if you beep the Fu**er when he does move on he keeps in the middle of the road and makes you stay behind him.....at a snails pace

I swear if i had a MONSTER truck in these situations i would be in jail......

YOU JUST CAN'T WIN.... aaaaarrrrggghhhh

Another one of mine.......

Now this is probably just an Irish issue... ( or is it )

Picture a country road and you see two cars ahead .... when you get closer you realise that they are stopped side by side with the windows open having a great chat...... now you think they've seen me so one of them might move on and let me through or pull in behind the other and get out and sit into his mates passenger seat and chat for the rest of the FN day........

Nooooooo.... the amount of times i have had to wait for these dumbos to realise that yes i am in a hurry and yes i do mind ......

reving the engine dosen't work ,one light beep of the horn just to convey my urgency sometimes works.....

But to top it all off... if you beep the Fu**er when he does move on he keeps in the middle of the road and makes you stay behind him.....at a snails pace

I swear if i had a MONSTER truck in these situations i would be in jail......

YOU JUST CAN'T WIN.... aaaaarrrrggghhhh

Must be an Irish thing...if they did it over here (Texas) there'd be .38 caliber holes in their bodywork...for the same reason it's not a good idea to suffer from road rage or be tempted to show your feelings by hand signals :whistling:

Guys who drive aggressively and tailgate you (women tend not to...)

Those who drive with blinkers on (i.e. on their eye's, not their indicators) and ignore anyone else trying change lane or everything else around them generally...

Lack of a thankyou when you let someone in...if you were physically in a queue at a Bank you'd be bending their beak!

Fog lights when it's raining...fog lights after it's been raining....Fog lights when the visibility is >100m....fog lights on 2 days after it was foggy...(do these people actually know what 100m is or what the law states)

Then there's people who park too close to you and ding your doors...

Lane discipline in roundabouts

Middle lane hoggers dawdling at 62.5mph on the motorway on a clear road

Drivers picking their nose at traffic lights

Mobile phones used hand held...

White Van men (and women) who think they are above every discipline or law (boy those Mercedes Sprinter Vans are fast)

Taxi drivers who really think that they own the road

Truckers who drive 3 inches behind you, having absolutely no chance of out braking you...especially if there is a truck in front and they can't see much further ahead

4X4....in car parks...the bays are not big enough...leave them at home

People in Petrol stations who like to "virtually" queue at every pump by blocking the entrance of the whole petrol station, forcing you to queue on the road...

I agree with everything above, a few of mine would be...

One speed women, they will do 40 down a side road with cars parked both sides having no idea weather a kid is about to run out in front of them and then continue to do 40 on a clear 60mph duel carriageway.

Anyone male who thinks it is a requirement to drive hunched over the steering wheel wearing a baseball cap thinking he looks 'bad!'

Ford Focus drivers, don't know what it is about them but 95% are morons, think they own the road, probably just gutted that their crappy job didn't entitle them to a Mondeo! (have a look next time your out).

People that block yellow box junctions/keep clear markings.

Women NEVER let you out of side roads, not even other women.

People who travel as far as they can down a closed lane and then cut into the queue at the last minute.

People who let the above people in!!!

I've come up with another one...

Lorry drivers who cannot seem to stay in their blasted lane on the motorway and always swerve back and forth for no apparent reason (no crosswind, etc.) across the line dividing the left two lanes... just as you're overtaking the twit, causing you to swerve into the outside lane and force the aforementioned S-class Merc driver into the central barrier (:lol:)

L.

Drivers picking their nose at traffic lights

Nothing really wrong with that as long as they don't flick it onto your nice shiny paintwork ;) Although if it happens to be a courtesy car, I do get annoyed when there are bogeys stuck to the seat edges or door handles...

(I won't go into the researched medical and social debates and evidence for and against picking, sniffing/snorting, and blowing...)

L.

People who lie through their back teeth to make themselves out to be well informed and to appear intelligent when they are clearly not.People who make up stories to discredit others for no apparent reason who end up looking stupid themselves,they truely are scum of the earth.Also people who drive 10 mph below the speed limit.ALL THE ABOVE fecks me off.

I get annoyed when you're stopped on a two lane road at traffic lights. You're parked up behind a car on the right lane, assuming it will go straight on as it's not indicating. But at the very last moment, it begins to indicate right. Then the lights change green and you're stuck behind it. And it doesn't matter how much gap you left yourself behind this car, no-one will let you move into the left lane to let you out.

:duh:

I hate pretty much everyone on the road, although I'm trying to be more chilled since I discovered the high blood pressure (at age 27 or something -- not good!)

Basically, it seems the vast majority of drivers

1) are ignorant of or simply couldn't be bothered obeying even the most basic driving rules (lane discipline anyone)

2) think they are more important than *everyone* else on the road. The selfishness really bugs me. Noel, I'm particularly irritated by the "just stopped for a chat, sure why would you be in a hurry" situation you described above.

3) blissfully unaware of anything going on around them

4) blissfully unaware of the potential outcome of their carelessness.

Si

Lelandy,

Your long list suggests you are not feeling chilled out when driving your luxurious motors then?

Nah.. I'm even more stressed out when I'm not driving them ;)

L.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here i go again.......

Driving on a country road today, 3.00pm overcast and lightly raining, road very wet so i had my lights on....

Then an approaching van slowed down and turned his lights on and off repeatably while pointing out his window to my headlamps........dear oh dear, what am i surrounded by..... :duh:

He must spend the whole day flashing his lights at Volvo drivers..... :D

BTW i also hate drivers who won't put on their lights until it's nearly pitch black...... I once said it to a guy "put on your lights buddy"... he replied " I can see fine "..... :o

On the M25 - Blondes behind me on a mobile taliking with both hands!

Funny you should say that, but in the past week I've nearly had 5 different head-on collisions with oncoming morons talking on the phones and letting their vehicles "drift" into my lane...

What do they do when they realise that they're not in control of their vehicle? Simply wave as if to say "thank you for doing an emergency stop and putting yourself on the grass verge because I'm too dense to realise that I have no control over my vehicle."

:tsktsk:

L.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links