Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving Pet Hates

Noel

Firstly i know nobody's perfect when it comes to rules of the road, Myself included.... :lol:

But the standard is probably higher amongst Lex owners.....( Toyota badged ones too) :D

I think it would be interesting to hear what is everybody else's views on other drivers behaviour...

I'll start.....

Driving through a 50km/h (30mph) on the way out of town and your keeping to the limit and waiting for the open road and you have some A** tailgating you as if you're holding him up........looking past your car and moving in and out.....

Driving along at a normal speed and there is a car approaching in the distance......

There is a obstacle ( pedestrian, parked car etc..) on his side and both cars are roughly the same distance to it.... most of the F**kers in Ireland will pull out to pass the obstacle forcing you to back off or even make you brake ...

I have loads more ( my wife will vouch for that :lol: ).... but would like to hear everyone elses...

Have fun

This sounds like a grumpy old men thread! :P

Most of mine involve the lack of indicators given by other drivers, especially at mini roundabouts.

Thanks..... :P

No it came about because of another irritation today.....

Was following behind a small car as we were driving through a 30mph zone heading towards the 60 zone when a spa in a great big ugly piece of ******* diesel Octavia that was up my rear bumper for the last five minutes pulled past the 2 of use into a bend.......

I subsquently tore past him ( on a straight ) at a silly speed afterwards just because he ****** me off......

strange how one thing leads to another........ :blush:

For me its boy racers driving with fog lights on thinking they are additional driving lights.

I caught my young lad doing this and took the light bulbs out and he now thinks they are knackered.

Good job he dos'nt know too much about cars!

For me its boy racers driving with fog lights on thinking they are additional driving lights.

I caught my young lad doing this and took the light bulbs out and he now thinks they are knackered.

:lol::lol: Don't forget to put them back in for the MOT

Front ones aren't an MOT requirement AFAIK.

My pet hate is a**eholes who think their rear fog lights are RAIN lights. :angry::angry::angry:

Had one on the M4 a few months' back (B*W of course). Wasn't too impressed when he had 350W of lighting in his rear view mirror, though! :lol: Stupid, STUPID sod even knocked his hazard lights on because I was dazzling him, only knocked his fogs off when I started flashing mine at him.

Love it! :D does he think the fairies took em' :lol:

Front ones aren't an MOT requirement AFAIK.

My pet hate is a**eholes who think their rear fog lights are RAIN lights. :angry::angry::angry:

Had one on the M4 a few months' back (B*W of course). Wasn't too impressed when he had 350W of lighting in his rear view mirror, though! :lol: Stupid, STUPID sod even knocked his hazard lights on because I was dazzling him, only knocked his fogs off when I started flashing mine at him.

lol i did that last night to someone after i told them at the traffic lights they still had their rear fogs on. I was told it stops tailgaiters wtf. So i duly lit up the car with the main beams.

My major bugbear is indicators though i am often leaning out the window screaming "d'ya know what those orange things on the side of youre car are there for its not for decoration" Don't really mind what you do other than that just want some advanced warning.

Although there is the people who don't know you give way to your right on roundabouts so you end up with several people trying to go at once

People who dont use indicators, especially on roundabouts.

People who drive 10km + under the speed limit on a decent stretch of well lit road/motorway.

The only thing that would make me get out of a car and have a few *cough* words with the driver is tailgaiting during heavy traffic. The reason i am leaving 40ft between me and the car travelling at 50mph in front of me is incase there is an accident not for them to make rubbish attempts to overtake me.

I have a lot so I'm not going to list them all. I agree with all the above comments, but everyone has missed out the most annoying, irritating, makes me incandescent with rage, motoring bug bear - old people.

Old people should get off the road when they start sitting so close to the steering when their chest is touching it. Compulsory test after the age of 70, every 5 years. Their offences include:-

Never signalling or signalling 500 metres too early

Only using the middle lane on the motorway no matter what speed they are going.

Driving 10mph under the speed limit.

Not being able to park

Not being able to see the enormous queue behind them and having the realisation that they might be driving too slowly for the lane they are in.

Being incorrectly positioned at junctions

Always stopping at roundabouts when it is quite clear that there is nothing coming for 100 yards before the roundabout!!!

:tsktsk:

Rant over

It's really refreshing to see everyone here is so tolerant of others on the road. Such tolerance of course only comes from such drivers that are perfect in every respect.

Drivers that have the highest risk of being in an accident are men aged below 21. They bug me a lot more than the elderly. I'm not that bothered about a 5 second delay caused by an elderly driver being cautious entering a roundabout. I AM bothered by the inexperienced prats who speed around urban areas at crazy speeds and treat public highways like grand prix circuits overtaking at any opportunity, stupidly thinking that their "yoof" status implies they are good drivers. Oh, and ignorant drivers who are suffering from sleep deprivation (mostly reps) who end up falling asleep at the wheel. They should stay off the roads if they haven't been getting a proper night's sleep!

Perhaps it's age, perhaps it's because of being involved in a head on collision with a tree, but I'm a lot more chilled when driving than a few years back.

It's really refreshing to see everyone here is so tolerant of others on the road. Such tolerance of course only comes from such drivers that are perfect in every respect.

Fair enough, I take your point. :P . "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.." etc and I admit that I'm a sinner.

Having this bit of a rant is a good way to release tension...... Helps to know it's not just me, also not let it get to you and take it too personally.... as everyone encounters " them" :blush:

I'll try and find the study, but some researchers a while back measured the heart rate of drivers when driving different types of cars. The found that drivers of luxury cars had heart rate (bpm) on average 8 bpm lower than drivers of other cars. They were trying to say that folks in S classes and the like are more relaxed as the driving experience is effortless, and comfort levels are sky high.

Having just switched from a Pug 106 to an IS, I would say that the research is probably correct.

I now enjoy my surroundings a bit more, even when annoyed by fools on the road, including young, idiot drivers that shouldn't be allowed on the roads in the first place (just in case anyone thought I was ageist). :winky:

Having just switched from a Pug 106 to an IS, I would say that the research is probably correct.

I think in that particular comparison it would skew the statistics anyway... I know I would certainly be far less stressed out an IS than a Pug 106... I feel much safer driving a vehicle that can at least withstand the impact of something a bit larger than a common house fly.

Leland

I think in that particular comparison it would skew the statistics anyway... I know I would certainly be far less stressed out an IS than a Pug 106... I feel much safer driving a vehicle that can at least withstand the impact of something a bit larger than a common house fly.

Leland

How did you know the reason why the Pug was given "uneconomical repair" status forcing me to change to the IS? :lol:

Mobile phone use, often by people with expensive cars who should be able to afford a hands free kit.

Not indicating. The number of times I've nearly been run over while washing the car cause I didn't know I had to dive out the way, or waited for a car at a junction or roundabout only for them to turn off, or been cut up by someone on the motorway who doesn't even let me know they're gonna try it...

Pedestrians and cyclists going straight across a side road without looking. It happens loads near where I live in Reading cause the council put in pretty raised walkways across the bottom of each sideroad. I've nearly hit loads of cyclists on this "path" and their usual reaction is abuse.

Oh and motorcyclists "filtering". I really don't need the stress of some brainless moron speeding past my car at high speed just cm's away in the same lane I'm in. You want to kill yourself go drive at a wall.

How did you know the reason why the Pug was given "uneconomical repair" status forcing me to change to the IS? :lol:

One less house fly to worry about swatting this summer then ;)

L.

My pet peaves:

1. Chavs in their "blinged up" peugeots, complete with underbody neon lighting and "CHAZ 4 SHAZ" in the rear window... just because it looks really lame.

2. Tractors who know full well that they have 4 miles of tailbacks lagging behind them as they putt along a windy A-road and pass five well marked "parking" lay-byes, but don't bother to pull over for 2 minutes to relieve the backlog of p*ssed off motorists behind them.... especially during peak hours!

3. Lorries that are pegging the speed limiters at 56 Mph on 2-lane sections of dual-carriage ways or 2-lane motorways who feel the urge to overtake another lorry rolling at 55.999 Mph ... and start doing so at the bottom of 3 mile long uphill gradient.

4. Middle-lane hoggers on the motorway, rolling at 40 Mph.

5. The "sheep" who roll along in a 3-mile-long queue in the right lane of a motorway at 55 Mph when the two left lanes are totally EMPTY for as far as the eye can see ahead... so you drive in the left lane at 70 Mph and get filthy looks from the idiots who try to make weird sign language at you for "overtaking on the left" -- well what the heck do they expect if they're too stupid to realise that they might go a little faster if they themselves were in the left lane?

6. S-Class mercedes and BMW M* drivers who scream along a country A road at 90 Mph, hit a village with speed cameras.. just before the 30Mph speed restriction overtake you (with oncoming traffic in the other direction), move back into the "correct" lane nearly knocking off your front bumper in the process, and then slamming on the brakes as their front wheel passes the 30 Mph sign -- slowing instantly to 15 Mph all the way through the village.

7. 95% of the regular motorists during the morning rush hour on the A428 between Bedford and Northampton... simply because they don't know how to drive anyway.

8. Rear fog lights at night or in the rain. (Strictly speaking they're not intended to be used at night in any conditions, and ESPECIALLY not in the rain at night...)

9. Front fog-lights which have been re-aimed to point upwards instead of the low-flat road-level beams that they're supposed to have.

10. Idiots who drive around after sunset without any lights on at all and then wonder why people pull out dark side roads "in front of them".

11. The "lost" driver who is in the left hand lane of a two-lane road, slows down, indicates to turn left and suddenly swerves to the right hand lane for no apparent reason (not even a road to turn into that way...) -- and does so without even looking to see if anyone is there.

12. Lorries who park their 50 megaton rig 2cm from your rear bumper all the way through speed-up-slow-down (not stop start) in motorway roadworks.

13. 92% of the driving population of the UK who totally foget how to drive at all when there is the slightest bit of rain or snow.

14. Those who spend more time reading their newspaper/map/Hustler Magazine (delete as appropriate) than watching the road.

15. Mobile phone users without hands free -- while in and of itself doesn't p*ss me off as such... it's the ones who seem to lose ALL sense of coordination between hand, mouth, foot, and eyes while on the phone ...

L.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links