Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Double Din, Single Din, Help Required On Ebay Item.

Ahhhh__Aristo

Hey all, found this on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Motorized-Car-DVD-CD...1QQcmdZViewItem wasn't looking at changing headunit for ages but at this price, is quite fanciable :D

Do you think it'll fit in the hole OK, as I presume we have a double din hole??

I'm not really clued up on this sort of thing, so all help apprieciated.

I guess more room is better than not enough :D

Do you mean make a DIY facia plate, or is the hole bigger, and have to make a DIY fixing plate??

Not explained that to well lol.

I think what I'm trying to say is, are the head unit/s secure when fitted with their cage in the stock hole, and just need cosmetics??

I have a Kenwood KTV920DVD in my dash.

It is a single size unit.

It was in the car when I bought it.

Goto Halfords and ask for a reducer plate. Mine looks like it has been bought,not made.

It has a single size hole and a another underneath, for storage.

When I get my car back from the spray shop I will take a pic.

Do you need a reducer plate that's specifically for the Aristo/GS300? (stupid question I think...)

I wouldn't imagine so, as long as your Aristo is normal size I would imagine that a universal one would suffice.

Do you need a reducer plate that's specifically for the Aristo/GS300? (stupid question I think...)

I wouldn't imagine so, as long as your Aristo is normal size I would imagine that a universal one would suffice.

Reducer no.... but a blanking plate does have to be vehicle specific!

Due to the shape of the radio that's in the MK I, a universal din will not be any good, it's wider at the top than the bottom, you'd need to either alter a large blanking plate or make you own, did mine out of bolsawood and screwed back into place using the brackets from the radio

No, the hole is bigger than double DIN - DD is 7"x4" (wxh), the Aristo panel with all the stereo controls is larger than this.

I had a look at mine tonight, and it is definatly a fitted panel for reducing it to take a single din.

I will take a picture tomorrw to show you.

I also have to go to Halfords tomorrow, so I will enquire and let people know.

:blush: Yes just realised that. I just took it for granted it was for an IS200. Sorry.

It's the Aristo section! I had my hopes up for a bit... *sigh*

Yes I know...now. That will teach me for not reading.

I apologise for the false hope.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links