Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Razr Versus Slvr In New Is

Haf

I am thinking of treating myself to a new phone to go with the new 220D in a few weeks and like the Motorola RAZR V3i and SLVR L7. Anyone have any experience of either and how well they integrate with the lexus bluetooth?

To be honest I wouldn't get any of the Motorola phones. I change my phone most years and last year I had the Razr. It was the worst piece of C*%p I ever used. I know it looks well but that is about it. Most people I know with motorola phones have the same opinion of them as well.

Samsung have a similar phone to the Razr which should be much better. Don't know about integration with the IS though.

I can tell you that Samsung are just as un-reliable as Motorola. Thier poor Battery life and useless displays often go faulty.

The Motorola L7 Slvr has been an excellent handset. I sell them by the bucket load and they are excellent value for money.

I myself use Sony Ericsson. Very reliable but not perfect. Great value for money and at the fore front of the market.

Nokia are....well....boring...so moving on.

Siemens....who? Again, moving on.

If you want specifics about phones, let me know. :D

Yeah the V3 is an awful handset, so wouldn't imagine the V3i to be much better. Recently got a V3x though and that's been great so perhaps the V3 was a one-off.......

V3x is hideous though. Lost all the style the others have.

Not sold a great deal of the V3i's so cant comment on feedback received. Although, lots of my customers have been very happy with the V3.

My V3 is in for it's second repair in six months, both have been screen related. I was thinking about changing out to the new Samsung in a few weeks.

Regards the IS220d, the V3 pairs without problem and you can transfer individual phone book entries from the phone to the car, but not the whole lot.

I'm using a P900 at the moment whilst the V3 is being repaired and can not get this to pair to the car for love or money. If anyone has managed this then please let me know what you did to get it working.

Bluetooth unfortunatley is not reliable. The concept is supposed to be universal but its not without its problems.

Generally speaking Sony Ericsson and Nokia are the most widely acceppted phones with Bluetooth devices. Ensure the manufactures have installed the latest software to avoid problems.

Having Tried a few phones in the IS250 now the one that works best is the new Sony erricsson W810I.

the one thing you need most is the ability to copy your phone book to the car via Bluetooth and no nokias do this the erricsson works fine and you get the Battery and signal strength working as well which never worked with my Nokia

Having Tried a few phones in the IS250 now the one that works best is the new Sony erricsson W810I.

I would never get a motorla again had the E1000 hated every bit of it, all mate have had the V3 fad thing to and there poooooooooooo as well.

Dont want to disagree with Mr phone man, you might sell loads but they still might not work well, as most ppl went and bought the V3 because "it looks good" not how it work.

I would go for sony erricsson but one with out the stick thing in the middle, all me and my mates have had to get it fixed, think theres a new small sony erricson out with out one, saw it in The Link a few days ago.

I am thinking of treating myself to a new phone to go with the new 220D in a few weeks and like the Motorola RAZR V3i and SLVR L7. Anyone have any experience of either and how well they integrate with the lexus bluetooth?

I have a Samsung D600 and a V3x, also an older V3 ( 12 months ). The Samsung is mine, the other two are company phones.

Experience so far...

D600 pairs everytime without a problem, phonebook uploads all entries perfectly.. no signal strength or Battery level indication, but as it's plugged into power all the time that's not a problem. Other than that it's a great little phone.

V3 pairs everytime, but cannot transfer the phonebook. No Battery or signal strength.

V3x Pain in the ****, won't pair everytime, have to re-register whenever I want to use it. Orange are replacing it today in the hop that will fix it. Battery life is poor, although I suppose it depends how much it's used!

Not tried a Sony, but I had 68i once, and swore I'd never have another Sony.

Havn't used a Nokia in years so can't comment.

V3 pairs everytime, but cannot transfer the phonebook. No battery or signal strength.

Interesting, I get the signal strength with my V3.

What are the key differences between the V3 and the V3x ?

I have the V3i, and unless its different spec to the ones in UK, i think it is a decent phone. Nothing impressive about it and nothing crap about it!

Everything does what its meant to do. Its def better than the older v3 models. Did they update the software or something??

For the price i paid for mine, I cant complain... Ive had my fair share of phones...being in Hong Kong and all.... Nokias are boring...and the software they use is a nightmare! Samsung are pretty good! Motorola again...no faults... and sony ericssons....well... i just dont like them! they are all the same!

V3 pairs everytime, but cannot transfer the phonebook. No battery or signal strength.

V3x is 3G, fatter, heavier, and uses more power :)

From a little research I did yesterday, it would seem that the phones firmware version has a lot to do with what BT functions work..... if any!

V3i has video clips, Mega pixel camera and external memory. Also comes in flip type colour.

If it was my choice id go for Sony Ericsson as earlier stated. The W810i does not have the joystick if you are worried about that going faulty. Its been replaced with 5 keys. Up, down, left, right and middle select key.

With regards to manufactures releasing handsets all the same......Nokia are very guilty of this, if not the worse offender, Sony Ericsson have got worse on this front, but to be fair to them, their phones do everything and I can see how it would be hard to tell some handsets apart.

Samsung, again, software and standard spec is the same.....ok, they have funky style phones but let down by shoddy Battery power.

Motorola are excellent value for money and the worlds second largest manufacture. They again, tryand innovate on style. So thumbs up to them for trying to be different.

People miss the point about the original V3, it was meant to be an iconic handset. The handset that had the wow factor. Not the SPEC!

The V3i combines this style with great functions and better software.

Just my two pennies worth :)

Edited by Kazi

Just a quick note.....

New V3x delivered... still no good with car though.

Can I be bothered to pester Orange though :yawn:

I have a Nokia 6230i and it paired no probs and works fine. Phone book transfer is naff, so I just programmed them in manually. This allowed me to sit in the car longer...and admire it all...

I need to get a "personal one" now as my old one has died...

Sony Ericson W800i or 810i me thinks...

See W800i

W900i

I have the Nokia 6230 and it pairs up everytime I get in the car. Doesn't show signal strength or Battery life but this is a small issue. The big problem is that it doesn't transfer the phone book but I have transferred the main numbers that I need.

I agree with you Kazi on the consistant problems that samsung have with Battery and screen issues.

I personally have always got on with nokia. I currently have the 6270, 8800 and d600(given free) but agree upon the predictable but reliable set-up and software.

Kazi what do you reckon to the N series of nokia?

I agree with you Kazi on the consistant problems that samsung have with battery and screen issues.

I personally have always got on with nokia. I currently have the 6270, 8800 and d600(given free) but agree upon the predictable but reliable set-up and software.

N-Series are good spec phones and the only things that let them down is the price as they are well over priced and the Symbian O/P can sometimes be a little iffy.

Other than that, there good phones but not pocket friendly. I guess it depends on what you want the phone to do mate.

I have a Nokia 6230i and it paired no probs and works fine. Phone book transfer is naff, so I just programmed them in manually. This allowed me to sit in the car longer...and admire it all...

See W800i

W900i

Would not go down the W800 route. As an everyday phone you'd be better off with the K750i. Better software and looks far classier.

W800 is just walkman branded and has a bigger memory card. For the difference in price you'd be better off getting a gig memory card for about £20.

bit bulky the N series, no?

Makes me laugh that amount they charge on phones sim-free initially as i have a contact in wholesale and the prices are no where near that, no where near.

I agree with you Kazi on the consistant problems that samsung have with battery and screen issues.

N-Series are good spec phones and the only things that let them down is the price as they are well over priced and the Symbian O/P can sometimes be a little iffy.

Other than that, there good phones but not pocket friendly. I guess it depends on what you want the phone to do mate.

See W800i

W900i

Would not go down the W800 route. As an everyday phone you'd be better off with the K750i. Better software and looks far classier.

W800 is just walkman branded and has a bigger memory card. For the difference in price you'd be better off getting a gig memory card for about £20.

The K750i and D750 are my next choices...may well take your advice and save the dosh...treat the Missus to a meal out instead...

I've spent too much on ME recently!

bit bulky the N series, no?

Makes me laugh that amount they charge on phones sim-free initially as i have a contact in wholesale and the prices are no where near that, no where near.

Perhaps we could get LOC to arrange a discount for members? :)

I work with kaz and yes he's managed to talk me into buying an is 200 but in blue (better colour than black) I also have that old 80's Starion (In this months Practical Classics Mag!) :D the w810i is the phone I think I will have next. Ive had sony ericsson for 4 years now and they've been great. yes the joystick can be a problem but non of mine have gone faulty. But all phones have thier faults, bring back the reliable bricks I say!!! B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links