Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mpg Meter - Is200

I am an owner of a used Lexus IS200 (auto) and have a question regarding the real-time MPG meter. When the car is idling the needle shows maximum fuel consumption, when cruising or accelerating consumption seems to be ok. Is this normal? My fuel consumption for the past 4 months is 25 mpg.

I will appreciate your comments

Thanks Athos - Cyprus

Thanks for your quick response.

It seems that there is something wrong with my mpg meter.

From what I have read the meter actually gets its reading from a pressure sensor on the air intake manifold. So probably the sensor is dirty or damaged.

Does any one know where this sensor is located and how do I clean it.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your quick response.

It seems that there is something wrong with my mpg meter.

From what I have read the meter actually gets its reading from a pressure sensor on the air intake manifold. So probably the sensor is dirty or damaged.

Thanks again.

It sounds like it is working Ok to me as said above :D

When you're idling, you really *are* doing 0 mpg. After all, you could use up your entire tank of petrol if you were so inclined, and you wouldn't have gone anywhere...

Si

Correct, gladly mine say's zero

Just to make it clear the needle of my mpg meter points at the top of the gauge (maximum reading) when idling, the same happens when going downhill with my foot off the petal.

Sorry to ask again, is this normal?

As you take your foot off the accelerator to slow down the needle swings towards ehe maximum foel consumpsion figure. When the car comes to a halt and with the engine idling the needle should then return to the zero reading.

If it's pointing at 80 (so pointing almost directly down) when idling, that's not normal.

Si

Thats exactly how mine is most of the time. Even when driving. 80+ mpg

Now that I am sure that my mpg meter is not working properly I am going back to my earlier post concerning the Air Pressure Sensor. From what I have read on the forum the mpg meter actually gets its readings from this sensor located somewhere on the air intake manifold. I want to have a look at it since it might be is dirty or damaged.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links