Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Computer Help

Ok guys i need some computer help

Last night my pc started coming up saying i have a critical system error and virus.

Did loads of virus scans but nothing found :ermm:

Message also says i have a PC parasite and to check antimalware

PC works fine though

What program, flashes up that error. As to me it sounds like a fraud to get you to pay and dowload something.

Best thing to do.

go to this link and download MS defender beta 2

Linky

and also worth doing a full virus scan, you can do one online at trend micro

Linky

that should kill any nasties. If that error keeps apparing post the program that its poping up, remember alot of sypware, is now designed to look like windows software

Any more issues, give me a shout

I did a full scan last night but nothing was found, i believe it to be some kind of spyware

no particular program flashes up error, its an alert thats flashing on my toolbar

Download this to check for spyware......

Ad-Aware Se

It's free for private users.... :)

dont bother with adaware, it used to be the best anti spyware product, but windblows defender beats it hands down.

Chris, let me guess its a yellow exlimation mark, near your clock... if im right then that is DEFINATLY spyware... M$ defender *Should* get it.

yes mate spot on

also pops up "Your system has a critical error which may cause it to run incorrectly. This is known as a pc parasite, please check antimalware"

yes mate spot on

also pops up "Your system has a critical error which may cause it to run incorrectly. This is known as a pc parasite, please check antimalware"

yeah i have had this at one time, try the windows defender from teh top link, that should clear it, if not then its the regenerating type and it will take some reg-editing to solve. i should be able to walk yuo thourgh it once we have i detified teh threat.

Download this to check for spyware......

Ad-Aware Se

It's free for private users.... :)

dont bother with adaware, it used to be the best anti spyware product, but windblows defender beats it hands down.

Chris, let me guess its a yellow exlimation mark, near your clock... if im right then that is DEFINATLY spyware... M$ defender *Should* get it.

No harm in using Both.....

Just downloaded and ran MS defender beta 2.... found nothing and said computer running ok, then ran Ad-aware and it found 59 tracking cookies.....

No harm in using Both.....

Just downloaded and ran MS defender beta 2.... found nothing and said computer running ok, then ran Ad-aware and it found 59 tracking cookies.....

tracking cookies, arnt really spyware. but hay, your right running 2 wont hurt

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links