Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's Gotta Go....

monster

After searching for ages and finally buying my dream car (other than an M5) in the perfect combination (black with black leather) I thought that it was my pinnacle driving experience, and things couldn't get any better. Cruising down the motorway, leaving other cars for dead at the lights...brilliant! :D :D :driving:

But now I learn that all that's come undone as I can't fit a bloody baby's car seat in it and the wife refuses to drive a bigger car so can't even swap cars when needed.....so I'm snookered.

It's going to have to go for something more practical...No!!!!!!!! :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I'll never find another car as good as this one, and think I'll need to leave the lexus brand altogether by the look of things. Looking like an Audi A3, VW Golf or Alfa 147 is on the cards at the minute.

If anyones interested or knows anyone interested let me know as it will be up for sale soon. :sad::sad:

Cheers,

Miles

Can't put it in the front mate (as can't turn off the airbags). And tried 3 different seats in the back and the seatbelts are just too short on each of them making the seat sit at an slight angle.

Also as the missues won't drive my car she thinks I'm being selfish! :o :o :lol:

Is it an IS or an Aristo that you've got? :duh:

Dunno about the Aristo, but the IS has Isofix seats so you don't need the seat belt at all. Just buy an isofix child seat, and it clamps to the brackets in the seats (stick your hand in the gap between the backrest and the seat cushion and you'll find the two brackets)

Sorry guys forgot to change my details :blush: It's an Aristo (mark ii)V300 that I've got now as sold the IS200 to get it.

I'll might try mothercare for a couple of different seats but at the minute I'm resigned to selling it and having a quiet life. ;)

Dood the baby seat fitted in my Mk1 no probs at all. Admitedly it needed a bit of foam putting under the child seat at the childs feet end because of the angle the seat base sat at. Its the graco all in one system we have. The car seat base stays in the car and the baby seat clips in and out. The same baby seat clips in and out of the pram as well. When the child grows older the pram is used as a normal pram without the seat.

Thanks for the replies guys but I've already got 2 car seats that won't fit so I'm reluctant to buy another considering how much they cost. Also as the missues won't drive the car either I'm taking the easy life and getting a car she will drive as well.

It's now on the trader (under GS300 ;) ) for a bargain price of £6500. Would be nice to see someone from LOC buy it as it's a special car that should be appreciated.

Miles

I'm sure you will get a seat that fits, or modify the baby seat itself with padding, foam etc. as previously mentioned.

It is a family saloon, so I'm sure baby seat will fit if you get the right one.

I thought about modding the car seat as mentioned above but to be honest I'd never forgive myself should anything happen....just not worth the minor risk (IMO).

Nope looks like a sensible family car for the next 18 years :(

Then I'll buy a second hand LF-A :D :D

Hi,

The most common Britax/Römer King TS fits with no problems. I'm actually driving with two seats in the back now - A Maxicosi cabrio for the baby and the Britax for the toddler.

Kinderzitje1.jpg

Kinderzitje2.jpg

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links