Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car History

I'm just about to do a HPI check on a car I just went to see (1999 Audi A3).

The car looked pretty clean and I could not see much wrong, but the bumper seemed to be losing paint just on the inside edge. I wasn't sure if this may be down to a replaced bumper possibly, or just the age and design of the car.

Anyway before I do a HPI check just wanted to see if anyone knew of another method of checking a cars history (if written off, finac, etc) without paying for the search?

Thanks,

Miles

Hi mate, dont know another way, but i was just going to but a car the other day, price sorted and everything then just did HPI and found that the car was if fact a CAT D, the seller even showed me a hpi report that he had, that said it was ok, now i dont know if he knew or not, but i didn't by it :D

If the car has had a bump and he has had it sorted himself at garage then the hpi report will not show this :duh:

I'm just about to do a HPI check on a car I just went to see (1999 Audi A3).

The car looked pretty clean and I could not see much wrong, but the bumper seemed to be losing paint just on the inside edge. I wasn't sure if this may be down to a replaced bumper possibly, or just the age and design of the car.

Anyway before I do a HPI check just wanted to see if anyone knew of another method of checking a cars history (if written off, finac, etc) without paying for the search?

Thanks,

Miles

Nope. Afraid you are gonna have to cough up.

Good stuff that Colin. It does match story of when he bought it.

Gordon - thanks for the advice. What type of car have you settled for mate?

Miles

Good stuff that Colin. It does match story of when he bought it.

Gordon - thanks for the advice. What type of car have you settled for mate?

Miles

Just had a look at yours :D been looking at A4 quattro 1.8t s line and 330 BMW :o

this really doesn't give you much information but you can check the last owner change is correct:

http://www.rac.co.uk/web/carbuying/vehicle_data_search/

My cherished reg still shows my Old Audi (Pex'd January, plate has been on my IS220d and I have a V5 for it), and the wifes cherished transfer shows no car....which she's had for almost 3 years!!

I suppose you get what you pay for (or not) - Sorry guys - the RAC one cannot be trusted!

At the moment a lot of people are getting hold of accident damaged cars that havent been logged to the insurance company patching them up and selling them on for full whack. Be careful because a HPi wont show up anything.

this really doesn't give you much information but you can check the last owner change is correct:

http://www.rac.co.uk/web/carbuying/vehicle_data_search/

My cherished reg still shows my Old Audi (Pex'd January, plate has been on my IS220d and I have a V5 for it), and the wifes cherished transfer shows no car....which she's had for almost 3 years!!

I suppose you get what you pay for (or not) - Sorry guys - the RAC one cannot be trusted!

Same with my plate, not showing, have to put old plate in to get the car up :o

Just done a HPI on said vehichle....came back as Cat D total loss. Saved myself about 4K but still cost me 40 squid (cheeky barstools!!!). Relieved but f*cking gutted all the same. :ohmy::sad::sick::crybaby:

Just done a HPI on said vehichle....came back as Cat D total loss. Saved myself about 4K but still cost me 40 squid (cheeky barstools!!!). Relieved but f*cking gutted all the same. :ohmy::sad::sick::crybaby:

Walk away mate, lot of cars out and about :D

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links