Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Installed Super Plazma Xenon Bulbs. V Nice

Hi Group Ive just installed a set of these box.jpg (the bulb on the left is one of the Philips Blue Vision lights for comparison)

Here is a better view of the bulbs bulbs.jpg

They seem alot whiter and more like the HID look I was after more than the Philips bulbs.

These pics are not as good as how the lights look in the flesh but just for you all to see.

here is the new Plazma Xenon bulb. left.jpg

and here is the Philips Blue Vision Bulb. right.jpg

I got them from eBay.com and they cost with shipping $26.99 and came in 4 days....

Brett

here is a link to the guy who's selling them on eBay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1874202489

as far as I can tell from my 2 years of Japanese language lol they are 55 watts but the light output is rated to that of an 80watt halogen bulb, been running them for an hour + and the light housing seems warm to the touch but not melting hot. I'll keep an eye on the heat.

Brett

WARNING!!!! Do not use these bulbs for a long time - they turn the plastic lenses opaque! they put out a lot of UV. im having to polish the lenses to remove the initial layer of damaged plastic. you have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am talking about the same ones that Brett has - i bought them from eBay BUT not from the kobausa store. The ones i have are the Hyper brand - a cheaply made bulb but seems seems to work well and has good light/colour output.

I am warning people not to be surprised if after a few months thier headlight lens( i am refering to the clear plastic outer lens on the headlight) starts turning a bit cloudy!!!!!! if you look at the top of the headlight there is a UV symbol with a X thru it - not sure if it means UV resistant or No UV? the latter i expect.

I have not had any problems with the reflector as yet.

there isnt any realistic way to prevent/reduce the UV output either.

when im back home ill get a pic of my headlights but that will only be on the 6th of jan.

hope this clears things up a bit.

rob

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links