Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm Thinking Of Defecting

munch

i love my IS 200, great machine, all the kit, doesn't tart itself like BMW's or looks like a bank executive merc. The IS200 is without flaw, understated, my friends only say its a great car once they have been in it. I would be very happy to own this car for ever if i didn't thirst for luxury. I owned a VW golf for 8 years which was brilliant and even though i could afford a better car over the years i saved up and got a 03 IS200. Unfortunately for me the GS and LS dont have that magic look or it would be a no brainer. I want a cruiser, an automatic monster that wafts me from a-z. I'm a designer and looks play a major part in the car i would buy.

Please do your best to persuade me to stay with lexus and give me reason not lo loose my mind and go with something that will ruin me.

The IS 200 is great but i want more. What should i do?

pics would be welcome

mmmmm....... toyota to a ford

What's the budget?

Ever consider an IS300?

I know, the ford thing is the killer. The x type is a badged up mondeo. There are very few IS 300's in ireland. I havn't checked jap imports but is the is 300 a wafter? I want an automatic, luxury seats, all mod cons, sun roof and all that. I can put forward my IS which is is worth about €23,000 irish money + 5k for the right motor.

Perhaps investing in new seats? if so, could someone link me some uber comfy seat that would fit an is 200.

btw, noel, you are the coolist guy on these forums. and grats on kerry winning today. Pity it wasn't much of a contest.

28kEuro's = aprox £19000...If you go XJ, make sure it's one of the latest models (i.e. the 2003 onwards one). You will find a 2003 3 litre one for that sort of money if you look around.

If you want an auto monster, have you considered a 7 series? It looks pig ugly, but it is a fantastic motor - superb to drive, very well built (far better quality than a 3/5 series, Jag or S Class), and loaded with kit. You'll get a 2002/2003 730/735/745 for around that sort of cash.

An Audi A8 is also very cool, but a good one will be slightly over budget.

Just remember to buy those shares in BP...

PS - just read the last part asking to stay with Lexus -

HELL YES - buy an LS430 and bling it!

Yep, the IS200 is thirsty, but look at this: you won't spend more on petrol with the GS or LS

Avg. fuel economy:

IS200: 25mpg

GS300: 25mpg

LS430: 25mpg

Yes, LS430...if it's good enough for Ford's new CEO, it's good enough for YOU! :lol:

"The newly named chief executive officer of Ford Motor Co. drives a Lexus LS 430, the flagship luxury sedan from Toyota Motor Corp. that he unabashedly says he purchased because "it's the finest car in the world."

That fact alone tells us a lot about Alan Mulally, the 37-year Boeing Co. veteran who was introduced Tuesday in Dearborn as Ford's new president and CEO.

And it tells us plenty about the mind-set of Executive Chairman Bill Ford and the board of directors of Ford Motor, the iconic automaker struggling to survive in the early years of its second century.

He's also candid. He knows Lexus cars are better than anything currently in Ford's lineup, and he doesn't care if Ford employees or the media hear him say it out loud."

YOU telling me you don't want a LS430 like this, with the WALD kit?

ls430023_res.jpg

ls430027_res.jpg

"The newly named chief executive officer of Ford Motor Co. drives a Lexus LS 430, the flagship luxury sedan from Toyota Motor Corp. that he unabashedly says he purchased because "it's the finest car in the world."

That fact alone tells us a lot about Alan Mulally, the 37-year Boeing Co. veteran who was introduced Tuesday in Dearborn as Ford's new president and CEO.

And it tells us plenty about the mind-set of Executive Chairman Bill Ford and the board of directors of Ford Motor, the iconic automaker struggling to survive in the early years of its second century.

He's also candid. He knows Lexus cars are better than anything currently in Ford's lineup, and he doesn't care if Ford employees or the media hear him say it out loud."

:lol: what a quote!!! I like that alot, everyone In the world should read that!!!!! :D

Take a look at this thread not sure what the XJ is like but the x-type is not up to scratch.

- Paul :)

If you look at the interior of a base 2.0d jag X type which costs about 17k then you don't get a great interior.

I recently bought a jag X type ( see thread here: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=35892 ) and love it so far. It is not a ford mondeo re badged nor is the lexus a toyota re badged, otherwise no one would pay for them, or you could argue that a Hyundai which shares alot of components with Lotus and Porsche is also a lotus or porsche. The jag shares less then 20% of its components with a ford, and those that it does share have been modified to such an extent that they are almost unrecognisable from their ford counterparts. The x type beats the Is300 i have (which is a great car too) by miles in terms of performance, economy, luxury and equipment. If you like the new XJ then drive it and go for it if you like it. It looks good, is reliable and luxurious, and offers value for money. It probably even rattles less and has alloys that don't corrode or cd changers that stop working when compared to other cars

I used to own jags for several years mostly XJS's and loved them but I've had my LS for 5 years now and still love it. The wife always says it's and old man's car but admits its a great way to travel and is as quick as her Boxster! The only looks you have to worry about are inside when you're sitting in it - you can't drive and look at the outside at the same time (well except in shop windows!).

If you're worried about fuel my LS has avergaed about 25.5mpg over the last 100,000 miles.

I always bought Jags cause they were british and stopped when ford bought them, had an A8 - great car but not that comfortable (and you say you're not in the bracket for the latest model).

Why do I drive an old LS400 and not the newer LS430 because, in my opinion, the LS400 is still better to drive and all the improvements inside were for the passenger not the driver but an LS460 :D

If you love your IS200 that much but want something to replace it with, then the IS300 is the car, Or if funds allow.....the new IS250! Okay, its no M3 beater....(far from it infact) but it looks great and if luxury is what you are looking for......they have it!

i love my IS 200, great machine, all the kit, doesn't tart itself like BMW's or looks like a bank executive merc. The IS200 is without flaw, understated, my friends only say its a great car once they have been in it. I would be very happy to own this car for ever if i didn't thirst for luxury. I owned a VW golf for 8 years which was brilliant and even though i could afford a better car over the years i saved up and got a 03 IS200. Unfortunately for me the GS and LS dont have that magic look or it would be a no brainer. I want a cruiser, an automatic monster that wafts me from a-z. I'm a designer and looks play a major part in the car i would buy.

Please do your best to persuade me to stay with lexus and give me reason not lo loose my mind and go with something that will ruin me.

The IS 200 is great but i want more. What should i do?

pics would be welcome

XJR is the way to go,if you are going to get one :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links