Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ditched The Lex Today

chrisis200

Yeah good advice Paul thanks, but could I ask how I'd check the suspension etc? I'm not to mechanically minded to be fair :unsure: I can do the other things such as check paint, dints etc ;)

Is the car anywhere near Watford? If so ask the Dr to take a look during the test drive :D

No where near watford lol.. sadly thanks anyway lol

I'm in Grantham not far from Nottingham ;)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you pick the car up, they will ask you to sign the form

sign it, but put alongside any circumstances relevant ie: car was undriven, was dark/raining so thorough inpection not possible etc etc

the form goes back to the insurance, so if there are any problems you then have a safeguard

:)

Todays update of my Drama life, I called them to check the time the car would of arrived when the woman said she had made a mistake & it was infact someone elses lexus they are sending to myself by mistake lol... Of course I didn't mind that :winky: but obviously its not my car, then I'm told NU still haven't even given them the go ahead to repair it :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: is all I can say....

Lodge a formal complaint mate, yeah I know they made a mistake but that's a pretty big one to make, get your hopes up and then drop you right back down again!

Another update guys... It's officially a month since the crash rang them to ask what the :tsktsk: is goin on then? apparently they gave the official fix the car thumbs up on Sat & the rough fix date is the 29/11/06 so i have another month to wait for the acutal repairs to be done... Such a disaster :(

But this is it now it's at least official got the green light...

hell dude, that is crap service. After my accident insurance took 9 days to decide to do the repairs, then the garage took 1 week. I was on the phone to the insurance every day chasing it up, they got sick of me in the end but it got the job done.

At least you know its on the mend now and it'll be back in time for :hohoho:

• 4 weeks later...

It's Back at long last :blush: only took 2 months :tsktsk: . The bodywork is perfect, the way have cleaned & sprayed the car has made it look brand new, but theres still a few problems...

The tracking is completely out, i'm almost holding the wheel sideways to go straight. The garage assure me they have tested & tracked the car and are sending me the charts or graphs to prove they did it, but it is not right clearly. So I am tryin to book it in with them to redo it, also they didn't give me a parts list so i have now requested that imediately so i can check everything on the car. They also seemed to of only replaced the rear 2 alloys, the front are the same scuffed ones I had before :shutit: . With the same tyres from the acciedent is that even safe? although they should of surely checked them all, I'm a little concerned to say the least but I've paid such a high excess.. I expect the top level of service & as my insurance will go through the roof anyway I want my car to be as good as new... Am I wrong for wanting these things?

They are happy to give me the tracking/geometry sheets but they have also booked me in Weds morning to have it redone if I'm not happy..which I am not..

also noticed the rear tyres are new ones, but are not the same as the ones I had before, ie. not toyo proxes ones, but some other brand :(

Glad you've got the car sorted mate, it does sound like they've not had the wheel aligned when they've done the geo, you'd have thought it would be obvious to mechanics to do that simple thing when sorting it out!!!

Hope you get everything sorted to your satisfaction anyway mate!

Glad your car's almost back to normal - although how have they fitted different tyres without asking you first? And if the front wheels were also damaged as part of the accident, then surely they should have replaced them or at least refurbed them if there's no substantial damage?

If it was me, I wouldn't stand for it, as you say you're insurance is gonna skyrocket because of all this so I'd make sure the car was perfect to compensate for that :)

Taken it back in today they explained that the tracking is fine but the steering wheel is bent :( so they have borrowed my car for the day :( an gave me a horrible Micra to play in...

They are going to sort the steering wheel out, then have to retrack it... why didn't they do that in the first place... Yep they haven't changed the fronts because they said there not heavily damaged enough and are fine, they are just curbed to hell...

Taken it back in today they explained that the tracking is fine but the steering wheel is bent :( so they have borrowed my car for the day :( an gave me a horrible Micra to play in...

They are going to sort the steering wheel out, then have to retrack it... why didn't they do that in the first place... Yep they haven't changed the fronts because they said there not heavily damaged enough and are fine, they are just curbed to hell...

If the curbed damage was part of the accident then thay should change.

i think it's abit late etc as I've already paid my excess & signed things...luckily there fixing the other stuff..how can i prove i curbed them both in the acciedent :( I dont want them to keep the car any longer shud I mayb ask the insurance company etc to send me the front 2 wheels

i think it's abit late etc as I've already paid my excess & signed things...luckily there fixing the other stuff..how can i prove i curbed them both in the acciedent :( I dont want them to keep the car any longer shud I mayb ask the insurance company etc to send me the front 2 wheels

Ring and tell you insurance company that you are not happy with the wheels, coz damage was done in the accident, if it was :D

I have & stated my other concerns, they have passed these onto the garage who will contact me, probably 2morrow now, as again they have not called me back they are joke at that sort of thing... I have to constantly call them to get any action or help... I will have my car perfect out of them if it takes another 2 months..

Is this a Lexus dealer doing the work? Can't believe that, if it was damaged as part of the accident, it should be repaired or replaced - no question about it.

Pretty dumb them missing that the steering was bent.....makes you wonder how thorough they've been - hope it all gets sorted soon

Well I have it back again now, tracking is fine etc.. they aren't goin to change the front wheels it appears may try the insurance compnay again, but if not it's a refurb for the front 2... Got the Kazma back on and how I missed it, sounds awesome... Good to have it back :)

Well I have it back again now, tracking is fine etc.. they aren't goin to change the front wheels it appears may try the insurance compnay again, but if not it's a refurb for the front 2... Got the Kazma back on and how I missed it, sounds awesome... Good to have it back :)

glad your happily back in the Lex. It seems strange that they didn't just replace all 4 alloys anyway as it's normally cheaper to buy a set than even 2 (in alot of cases).

happy motoring :driving:

Craig

Hi Chris,

Just followed the thread through from your accident-I live in Nottingham and know Nottingham Knight r/about, brilliant in the dry, murderous when its wet-and I had a thought about the two front wheels that have not been replaced. Have you any video or pictures taken before the accident which clearly show the wheels as being un-scuffed? Usually such pictures are date coded which would prove your point to NU when you contact them to complain.

Worth a look maybe?

All the best.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links