Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ditched The Lex Today

chrisis200

Well this afternoon was the worst day ever for me, it was ****** it down, lightning, road conditions poor... Of course the Lex was twitchy, I came off KnightsBridge Roundabout I think it's called.. Mr Morse etc, may know it or any who knows Nottingham.. And just lost the back end, luckily while spining round I didn't hit anyone, but hit the curb and nailed into a ditch.. Had the car towed away now, gotta call the insurance company tomorrow.. They guys who towed it, think its a write off.. I'm quite upset to say the least at that news, here's a few pics...

Good points, I'm not dead.. No one else was injured, Cars can be replaced at huge costs :crybaby:

Back Right Hand Side, notice Alloy destroyed tyre came off in the ditch i'm guessing...

Carinditchtyreoff.jpg

Ditch

Stuckinditch.jpg

Right front of car

RightFront.jpg

Left hand side of car

Leftsideofcar.jpg

On the Tow

Towed.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it totally sucks, I'm still in shock that it happend :( thank *** the Lexus is such a strong car and didn't fall apart on impact...

@ Kazi, Mr Morse, Lee, chances are I won't be at the meet next week

P.S. I was just about to order some TTE springs as well :(

:o :o look at the alloy wheel, must have been some shunt

Glad your ok tho dude,

Apart from the rear wheel and axel, what other damage is there? dont look too bad from the pics?

Paul

Shall be checking out tomorrow, think the boot has taken a few beatings lights all broke.. :unsure:

I gotta find out what it's like underneath the car, I'm sure the insurance peeps will tell me whats wrong, will take some more pics tomorrow when not in as much shock lol.. :huh:

Lets say "hyperthetically"(can't spell) a part like ie. a aftermarket Exhaust is on the car and I forgot to tell insures, would the person be screwed?

Of course thats not the case here..

Really sorry to hear about this Chris.....the Knight roundabout can be fast and furious sometimes and gets real greasy after rain, like it was today.

But at least you're OK and no-one else was hurt! :D

On the errrr... "hypothetical question" it's the luck of the draw, if they can show that the errrr... "mod" was somehow contributory to the accident, they'll hammer you. All the best in this respect!

Oh dear.... A sorry read, main thing is you are ok and you seem very positive despite the trauma. I offer wim's services free if this helps, maybe this will lower the chance for a write-off?

I'll be checking it all tomorrow see whats, what and give you all an updatet, just thought I'd share this with you guys as I get along with you all on here. Thanks for your kind offer mr Wim...

And thank you all(LOC members) for your kind comments, again I'm still happy no one else was injured mainly... As it's a very busy round about if another car was involved it would of been a disaster, the Police agreed it was most likely down to conditions and my lack or driving experience, fair enough thats probably true.. Heavy foot, rw drive in the pouring rain, in a acciedent spot... Disaster.. At the end of the day its all just money... Will have to work harder to get it back ;)

I won't be deterd though and you can bet I'll still be at meets in the future in a Lex hopefully as long as insurance all goes well :shifty:

Good to hear you're ok mate, shame about the car but it can be replaced, hey just think mate, if they do write it off then with the money they'll give you then maybe you could get yourself an Altezza if you felt up to it?

Just think positive mate, it might not seem it now but most things have a positive side...

Well couldn't go out driving today so I made myself a little video check it out...

If it's not there check back in 5 mins youtube r uploading it ;)

They where 19" TSW Catallunya (not sure the spelling ;) ) ones, Gun Metal Grey... ^^look at the last pic on my video the alloys r totally missing on that 1 wheel :S

P.S. Went to get the other tyre today just incase the insurance guys think i drive on 3 wheels everyday :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links