Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rattles!

Wicky

Had my IS250 Sport into Lexus Newcastle for a fix on a rattle which seems to be coming from the speaker cover on the dash - needless to say they have failed miserably and if anything the rattle is now worse. :angry:

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? - Do Lexus GB have a website that gives solutions to these kind of problems?

I know rattles are a huge problem with the 250 but has anyone actually had them rectified successfully?

Thanks for any help ;)

Had my IS250 Sport into Lexus Newcastle for a fix on a rattle which seems to be coming from the speaker cover on the dash - needless to say they have failed miserably and if anything the rattle is now worse. :angry:

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? - Do Lexus GB have a website that gives solutions to these kind of problems?

I know rattles are a huge problem with the 250 but has anyone actually had them rectified successfully?

Thanks for any help ;)

Quick fix :D get BMW :o :lol::lol: i think your dealer should be able to sort in the end. one hopes.

Thanks for any help ;)

This is a common rattle and AFAIK it's normally cured without problem. I also get the rattle from time to time and have resorted to thumping the centre speaker cover which does the trick :)

Thanks for any help ;)

This is a common rattle and AFAIK it's normally cured without problem. I also get the rattle from time to time and have resorted to thumping the centre speaker cover which does the trick :)

There are two causes one is the entire dash needs removal the second is simply putting some felt around the radio and aircon grill It sounds like yours needs the dash out ALL lexus dealers are aware or these rattles and should be able to fix I have had two done in a year Write to Gill want at Lexus and complain they will send a senior person out to sort the car..HOw old is it?

alan

Thanks for any help ;)

There are two causes one is the entire dash needs removal the second is simply putting some felt around the radio and aircon grill It sounds like yours needs the dash out ALL lexus dealers are aware or these rattles and should be able to fix I have had two done in a year Write to Gill want at Lexus and complain they will send a senior person out to sort the car..HOw old is it?

alan

Car is only 6 months old and done 5,500 miles - Lexus Newcastle told me that they were only aware of rattles with the new GS - have you got Gill Want's e mail address and I'll give her a try :winky:

Thanks for any help ;)

alan

Car is only 6 months old and done 5,500 miles - Lexus Newcastle told me that they were only aware of rattles with the new GS - have you got Gill Want's e mail address and I'll give her a try :winky:

Thanks for any help ;)

alan

Either your dealer is living on another planet or are lying to you The forum is full of rattle posts .Lexus GB are 100% aware of it The fixes are on the the Lexus intranet When mine was done it was videod for lexus and that was in Feb 06. Alsmot all early cars have some rattles in the dash or b pillars

Lexus (GB) Ltd

Great Burgh Heath

Yew Tree Bottom Road

Epsom

KT18 5XS(Road Map)

Surrey

Tel: 01737 363634

Speak to Gill want and write to her as well

Good luck

alan

Thanks for any help ;)

alan

Thanks for any help ;)

alan

Either your dealer is living on another planet or are lying to you The forum is full of rattle posts .Lexus GB are 100% aware of it The fixes are on the the Lexus intranet When mine was done it was videod for lexus and that was in Feb 06. Alsmot all early cars have some rattles in the dash or b pillars

Lexus (GB) Ltd

Great Burgh Heath

Yew Tree Bottom Road

Epsom

KT18 5XS(Road Map)

Surrey

Tel: 01737 363634

Speak to Gill want and write to her as well

Good luck

alan

Thanks for the info Alan - I will give it a try - bit disappointed in Lexus Newcastle though - this is my 3rd Lex from them and have had no trouble from them whatsoever - I'll inform them about the fix being on their Intranet and take it from there.

If the rattle is actually worse it proves the Technician has located the correct location of said rattle But clearly has not erased it.Take the car strait back ,explain your disappointment & he should easily be able to fix it by further adjustment of the FIX he beleived was the cure.Alan is absolutely right when he says Lexus have full knowledge of rattle issues with early models & ,importantly,very few rattles needed the dash removing but many needed a bit of foam jamming in the right place!

Worry not:it can be fixed!

Tel :driving:

If the rattle is actually worse it proves the Technician has located the correct location of said rattle But clearly has not erased it.Take the car strait back ,explain your disappointment & he should easily be able to fix it by further adjustment of the FIX he beleived was the cure.Alan is absolutely right when he says Lexus have full knowledge of rattle issues with early models & ,importantly,very few rattles needed the dash removing but many needed a bit of foam jamming in the right place!

We have had two done both are rattle free The dash removal sounds much worse than it is Takes Lexus woodford who have done quite a few a day to do Worth doing1

alan

We have had two done both are rattle free The dash removal sounds much worse than it is Takes Lexus woodford who have done quite a few a day to do Worth doing1

alan

Agreed - not a big job in the grand scheme. Tell the dealer to stop trying to ignore that there is a problem...mine was done in April, now perfect since...

I do believe that the rattles are worse in cooler conditions. (Shake rattle and...) Roll on winter!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links