Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Midlands Meet!

Zee007

Well what a superb evening....

I turn up, to find JB hiding in his Beemer... :lol: , swiftly followed by Mr. Clawley and Mr. Hart who had obviously spent all friggin day atempting to their motors up :P , Ifraz was next (he wins the award for muckiest car :duh: ), then loz and his spanking GS "cruises" in (after me and Harty went to get him that is), Rich then chugged in his tractor - sorry old mans motor - sorry, Merc :whistling: and then half way thorugh dinner Chris decided to make an appearence :lol: In his soon to be sold IS.

Dinner was a great laugh, with good food, some old memories from Blackpool, JAE and Milton Keynes brought up as well as some "getting to know" chats (loz has to go down as a "wannabe" comedian! ;) )

Then it was picture time, before a "cruise" through Nottingham B) . We managed to pull 2 IS200's over and handed over cards, one of which had 18 inch Kahns and was dropped silly. The guy was from Birmingham and his lotor looked ACE. :ph34r:

After being told to "move on lads" by the local police for parking on double yellows in the city centre chatting away watching the boy racers :blush: , there was just enough time for a can of pop, a quick cruise (number 15 <_< ) before departing home..... :sad:

Fantastic meet, great people and lots of fun.... can't wait till the next one! :yahoo:

Zee.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds good laugh.

so loz's jokes r no good then????

important question, anyone manage to get any ladies?? nottinghams 5 females to every bloke (so i've heard)

was it a black IS with the kahns on it???

im gonna put kahns on my IS, think they look sleek.

do you know which kahns he had???

so loz's jokes r no good then????

important question, anyone manage to get any ladies?? nottinghams 5 females to every bloke (so i've heard)

was it a black IS with the kahns on it???

im gonna put kahns on my IS, think they look sleek.

do you know which kahns he had???

Loz was hilarious - really good laugh! :yahoo:

Ladies - the ratio has now dropped to 3 women to every 1 guy (uni intakes etc) - and no one pulled..... :( probably because of the beemer and merc we had in tow..... :lol:

And the IS was a blue one... not sure which kahns..... :unsure:

So the old bill finally moved you on after I left then!

yeah rich - mind you we were there for long enough!!! :blink:

Strange that, the old bill seem happier if race round the circuit, rather than pull over at the side of the road and have a chat as we were.

What a night, great time had by me.

Nice to meet up with Ifraz & Loz for the 1st time, Loz was just how I had pictured him :yahoo:

I think Nottingham thought we were filming Gone In 60 Seconds II. One of the highlights for me was the police Volvo going round that top bend leaning over slightly :yahoo:

Can't post in the gallery at the mo, pics will be in there soon though.

See you all again soon.

My first club meet, and it was great :D

It was good to finally put faces to names. Highlight of the evening must be when the Merc and the BMW couldn't keep up with the pace if the Lexi's :backofnet:

How's the plan for the very first Lexus 'Pickup' gettting on? :P

One of the highlights for me was the police Volvo going round that top bend leaning over slightly :yahoo:

Oh yeah - forogot about tha one.... :lol:

Left :yahoo: No, Right :yahoo: no, left :yahoo: oh **** it's rrrriiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttttt :yahoo:

What a great night!

Again, great to meet Loz and Ifraz and put a name to the faces

Clawley and I stayed for quite a while after all you guys left, driving sensibly :blush::whistling: with the black pug 205 GTI and the bird driving the 206 CC. We had quite a hair raising moment when we pulled round the final corner onto the finishing straight to be greeted by the sight of the local constabulary in the posing lane.... we went from about 6000 rpm to 1000 in 1 second :whistling::whistling::whistling:

It must have been a fantastic sight when we surrounded the blue IS and the white Celica GT4 - like something out of the fast and the furious!

Lets do it again soon guys :lol::lol::lol:

PS dont forget about Chesterfield tonight - anyone is welcome!

If anyone needs directions or the meeting place, pm me

On a more lengthy note....

I seriously had to wonder why you all had baby lexi though. If you wanted a fast ride why not just get a GS300?? *loz takes cover from a flurry of flying fists and feet*

I did have a laugh though and look forward to meeting up again. Sorry if you were expecting some doddery old ***** 'cos I drive a GS. I'll bring my pipe next time but, I do mean my Van Arkken Straight through Catless pipe!!

Ricky, I can't beleive the stick you took for that lovely merc. I think its great but I still think I could see you in a GS430 with LPG kit.... Never mind...

Andy, I'd buy you a drink anytime fella (except I'm not sure I could pick you up when you pass out!)

Craig David, Thanks for coming to find me when I got lost. I will post you a check for the LS Pick up. should we call it a PU400?

Jonny boy,

with an name like that I should have known you'd be wide. Seriously though, sorry for nicking your cuttlery. :arrrggg-matey:

Chris, I never thanked you for that tail trim but Good luck with your new IS.

And Ifraz, I think, truth be known, mine was dirtier than yours... (car that is)

Mat, All I can say is: Now I know what happened to Robin hood. Let me know about those rims mate ;)

Thank you and Goodnight!

Loz

Come come... the resemblence is uncanny. I thought I was in the presence of greatness!

Funny when that oriental lady pulled up in her GS300. How gay are we for not asking her if she would like to be in the club... LEXUS OWNERS CLUB I mean... :P *hmm very appropriate smilie*

Hope you guys had good weekend and got your crusing down.

Next time make it an overnighter and leave the cars in the car park.... Although I think half the fun in the IS Possy/Massive is the low-riding after. Beats me why there are not more suspension mods between you all.

Loz

And Ifraz, I think, truth be known, mine was dirtier than yours... (car that is)

I was very embarrased about the state of my car at the meet. I have no good excuses so I won't make any :blush:

How can I make such a nice car look so dirty...shame on me :sad:

Sorry for letting the team down. But I can report, that I spent hours cleaning it today and it's looking 'good' again. Well worth the effort!

I think we need to arrange more of these Midland cruise nights don't you guys

Grrrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaaattttttttt idea Chrisy boy!

Once a month - on a sunday would be cool........ or any day actually.....

We can have a chat at the southern or donington meet with everybody..... :D

Agreed Chris,

If only for the spanking greasy burgers!

I'd be up for another meet. lets do it. Notts aint too far for me and I know you all want to see more of my "Spanking GS" I could be the low riding granddad... :hohoho:

If I can stay up that late. Seriously though, I'd have like to come cruising so next time don;t let me go home early! It just not Cricket!

Loz

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk