Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audi Avant S4 Or Rs4?

Rob

hi all,

just when I thought i had found a great wrx kombi i have been presented with a possible deal on a 2001 S4 estate, also got me looking at RS4 estates, found a lot for sale and they are a bit cheaper in DE than CH.

Anyone on here had one before?? its the 2.7 bi-turbo engine and not the 4.2

hi all,

just when I thought i had found a great wrx kombi i have been presented with a possible deal on a 2001 S4 estate, also got me looking at RS4 estates, found a lot for sale and they are a bit cheaper in DE than CH.

Anyone on here had one before?? its the 2.7 bi-turbo engine and not the 4.2

Is this one of the older ones delevoped by porche ???

I would give my arm and legs for a Audi RS the S4 are ok but not as exclusive as the RS breed

must say very jealous that your looking to buy, good luck hope u get a gooden

ohh s4 or Rs4,hmmmm.i think you will be happy with s4,but you may feel inadequate when you see an RS.the s4 is a little too sensible for my liking,you feel too safe.the old rs4 vs the old M5,well the rs4 would always eat it,so as far as the best of its time,its the rs4.ive only driven the new rs4 once and it was mental(the new m5 kicks its ***** tho),but again some comments from new owners have been ,less raw than the previous car.the rs is a true muscle car and i think will always have the respect it deserves on the road,on the other hand so does the s4,as its capable of alot.peeps have a bad image of the s4 when the m3 wasted it on topgear,but that was not really a test in my opinion.

i am looking at something around the 2001 - 2002 years, saw a rs4 today but the interior was wrecked so just walked away. but been looking on the net and quite a lot are about £20K and have around 60K on the clock, all depends what u want really

S4 Avant... u mean the B5 2.7ltr Twin Turbo yeh?

Nice cars. Mate had an S4, damn was it fast for 250hp, even faster than his porsche.

You need to look out for cracked manifolds and shagged out turbos... i hear service repairs are really bad.

Its funny you ask about the S4, i've been looking at them myself :)

yo fluff,i got an m3 for 22k with 50k miles.all the audi s4's were considerably more expensive,as the 4.2 model is newer than the m3,so no 51,52 plates about.the 380bhp estate one is the one im on about,its quick and outpaces the old M5 although the bmw has an extra 20hp.There are some amazing examples out there,ive always looked at these alongside the m cars,and was very close to getting the bi-turbo version also.Problem is if the car still has warranty or not,very costly diffs and gearboxes is all i hear from both M and RS cars.or perhaps you could buy an audi warranty with it, approx 1k.is 20k what you want to spend?

somewhere in that ball park i suppose - but nothing in the UK is good to me, thats why im selling my UK car, it was too much probs to get it in the CH register.

i had a scan around the net but couldnt find anything about problems with the RS4, only 1 point about the early gearboxes apart from that not much else

maybe its just m cars that have diff problems not too sure now but i think you are seriously going for the best out there as they are a big scary wolf in sheeps clothing and scare the **** outta people when they realise whats up their ****.good stuff

Hi Rob,

try asking on here http://www.tyresmoke.net

its were I spend me time now. I'm very pleased with my B6 2.5tdi quattro A4 avant. Much faster than the lex,will be a beast when remapped, more economical. main downside is that nearly everything is an optional extra but thankfully most things are retrofitable

i dont see why ppl slam the S4 2.7 bi turbo so much. I love it. I test drove one before I bought my audi TT, and I thought it was an amazin car (abit too expensive for my taste). The biturbo was amazin, with its sequential setup made it react instantly to my demands. The tranny was crisp and the quattro was a dream. The look of the car in general was great!

If i were you, i'd seriously consider the S4 with the "electron" blue color. :)

if you wanna spend more money, the RS4 is a great car (dont get me wrong). But i think the S4 deserves a lot more credit!!!

thats a big misconception ,the old rs4 could not take the m3 0-100 although it could happily eat an m5.you are comparing the s4 estate car against a 2 door coupe car.an m3 0-60 is too nimble to be eaten.the porshe is a 320bhp car,so it aint got as much power as the m3 or the rs4(343 and 380 respectively)but certainly has less weight on its side.the rs4 and m5 can eat any car on the motorways as this is where their legs can be stretched.the m3 is crap on the motorway.i know people dont like the m3,but if an m3 is driven hard,its impossible to take it,even if you have 414hp,although in the new rs4,the torque makes it too easy and you ***** most cars even when you are tryin to drive slow.

As a hobby car I owe a low mileage 2001 RS4 estate. If you want a tuneable car the bi turbo is the way to go. I importet mine from Germany and it was full option without a single performance mod.

In the meantime I did a big turbo conversion, added new software and added Posche carbon brakes (now 420 bhp).

As a standard the M3 is the faster car on dry roads, everywhere else the RS4 has soo much more grip that it is way faster.

RS4 doesn't have the best front brakes, alloys are weak en turbo's won't last much longer than 60-70.000 miles for the rest maintenance is everything without a good one the car isn't worth much.

you do know that there are 2 types of alloys and that audi UK will exchange for the life of the car the alloys if they are bent??? take the centre cap off and look at the alloy number - if it ends with a T then u have the soft alloys - ones with AE are the normal harder alloys - i assume it is the same in holland??

I went for a drive yesterday but it looked like the car had a respray on one side - metallic paint was blotchy in places and there was a small mark in the rear 1/4 panel, but the light was deformed a bit so suspect they had a heat lamp on there at some stage and it was a bit too hot!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links