Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Or 300

Around town a manual will beat an auto. I beat my mates Supra at Santa Pod for the first 1/16 of mile when he was in auto. I was running 230bhp and him 450bhp. Obviously he soon caught me and left me for dead and there is the weight factor. But around town I agree that a manual will be faster than an auto.

But I still think an IS 300 is better and faster than an IS 200

Showing and doing are completly different things.

My STD 200 on the M* showed 140 on the clocks but on the GPS was 132,but i did say on an open rd the 300 is faster,im talking around town.

Around town a manual will beat an auto.

There is someone with some sense then. :D

Winnie, I'm not going to argue mate.........at the end of the day, I know my car is quicker than a standard IS200 manual, and so is the standard IS300.

You can think what you like ;)

1 is Lighter and the other is heavier,around town i think they are evenly matched,so it will come down to the driver.@ scarface..its not an argument its a debate isnt it?

Anyhow i didn't think it would be such an emotive subject amongst the 300 fraternity. :D

but i still say a woman driving a ford ka will beat you both

round all the traffic

lol ........ well she beat us both mate, and we were hammernig it ! lol
1 is Lighter and the other is heavier,around town i think they are evenly matched,so it will come down to the driver.@ scarface..its not an argument its a debate isnt it?

Anyhow i didn't think it would be such an emotive subject amongst the 300 fraternity. :D

ok, maybe I put it wrong .... your right, it's not an argument, it's a debate, one that you seem very persistent on however ;)

Anyway, I'm sure the guy who posted this thread in the begining, knows what car he is getting ........ :winky:

Steve,

just for your info, my IS300 is up for sale, and its alsready modded if your into that else i am in the process of putting it back to stock. im sure i could match or better any offer like for like you may have seen.

its a Jan 03 with 55kmiles and 1 owner.

have a look here for the spec linky although some items have changed since (tte suspension for one)

I've owned both.

The IS300 is way quicker than a manual IS200.

If I boot the IS300 @ 70 mph it takes off like the proverbial brown stuff off a shovel, not so the IS200. Also @ 70 mph the IS300 will be very quiet and relaxed, again, not so the IS200.

As for overtaking from 50 mph in an IS300, it's something else. I've had all manner of 3 series BMWs try and take me on the country roads and except for the 330 manuals they haven't succeeded.

It's very much a different driving experience over the 200.

Easy guy's never wanted to start a 200 / 300 war...lol....lol... I appreciate all the comments it is not all about top end speed. I have a Series 1 RST. It is noisy, no power steering,hard suspension, torque steering but would not part with her I think I will know when I see the right car...well I hope i will

Steve,

Steve,

just for your info, my IS300 is up for sale, and its alsready modded if your into that else i am in the process of putting it back to stock. im sure i could match or better any offer like for like you may have seen.

have a look here for the spec linky although some items have changed since (tte suspension for one)

You have done some great mods to the car and looks stunning. I am looking for a totally standard IS as I already have my toy my S1 RST. If you get around returning it back to standard and i have not purchased drop me a message as I have arranged to look at 2 cars this week...

Cheers,

Steve.

Steve,

You have done some great mods to the car and looks stunning. I am looking for a totally standard IS as I already have my toy my S1 RST. If you get around returning it back to standard and i have not purchased drop me a message as I have arranged to look at 2 cars this week...

Cheers,

Steve.

i am in the process of returning back to stock, what cars you looking at and what prices (im negotiable) , you looking over in Ireleand i assume..

IS300 might cost more than IS200 in service and maintainance in the long run but IS300 is sure better handling probably due to better suspensions and hence more luxury feel.

i wouldnt say is300 handles any better than an is200. I wouldnt say it has a better suspension system either. From stock, it probably has worse understeer in the corners as its front heavy.

However, its been a loooong time since i've driven a stock suspension is2/300 .... so my memory might not serve me so well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links