Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sunroof On A Rainy Day

Niraj

Well... i don't know how many of you endured that terrential rainstorm we had this evening... but if you didn't then i'll let you know it was awful....

more so for me. :(

Driving down the M1 barely doing 45mph in the fast lane cos of standing water and the heavy rainfall... i hear the loudest bang you've heard in your life... my sunroof :( smashed to smitherines :(

sroof_1.jpg

sroof_2.jpg

Not sure how, or what the hell happened... the rain was very loud... could've been a hailstone, a road stone, or something off another car ??? i really don't know... but i'm very upset as you can imagine.

So can anyone help me source a new sunroof please... just the glass...

Thanks guys.

That must have given you a fright mate. No warning, did you get much water in the car?

Are you sure that your are not covered by insurance for it, hope you get sorted out soon.

Thats nasty, must of shat your pants!

Luckily you weren't hurt, and going at greater speed! might of reacted slightly different if you were going faster and well... you might have been writing a different story :(

Hope you get it sorted mate.

I wasn't sure if i should add to this post, but i think i'd better let you guys know.

Today as i drove home, i took the same route.

I was confident that i didn't pass under a bridge, but on second notice today, it appears as though i did. And guess what! There were 2 small kids right above the fast / middle line acting suspicious... so i slowed down... moved into the slow lane, and guess what more??? there was bits of objects scattered on the floor around the area...

I did drive away but called the Police not more than 90 seconds after leaving the motorway. I have informed them of what my incident, and what i have seen. I have been given a reference number, and Herts police will be in touch shortly.

I hope they catch the little runts :tsktsk: , and i'm certain a few more cars were damaged today.

TO ALL: be careful if you are travelling southbound on the M1 between J5 and J4, the bridge before the crawler lane for HGV is where i spotted them.... the bridge above has bright lime green rails....

You have all been warned... the next person who gets a stone/through their car, may not be so lucky as me!

Blimey now that is insane, the way these ***** are acting they could be guilty of manslaughter soon, yet they'd be too young to have charges pressed against them!

It sounds like in all fairness you were lucky, if you'd have been going just 1 mph slower, that could have been through the windscreen and could have caused serious injury!

Looks like someone was watching over you that day mate!

Looks like someone was watching over you that day mate!

Other than the kids with the stones... ?

i'd have to agree!

looking at it now... the damage (material & human) could've been far worse...

A kid was killed a few years ago in Ireland on the M50 by a brick through the window from a bridge. I don't think they ever found who did it either.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links