Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Pads

stephenc

The original new pads on my IS200 are coming to their end. Just like to know if it's worth while changing these pads for aftermarket brands. How much improved braking do these offer using the standard discs.

Anything I need to look out for when going aftermarket?

Thanks.

Hi stephenc,

First thing I noticed when I changed my standard pads to EBC Greenstuff pads, was the brake dust build up. :nuke:

Or rather the lack of it!! B)

You really don't appreciate just how much brake dust the standard pads build up, until you change them for one's that hardly give off any. :D

Wheel washing is no longer a twice a week occurrence!!

You can check out more about EBC Greenstuff in Oz, here

I, and may other LOC members, I'm sure, would thoroughly recommend them.

Not only do they reduce dust build up, but they offer greater stopping power, and much less brake fade.

I'd also add my praises about Greenstuff pads, i've gone the whole hog and had the EBC Turbo groove front disks put on with EBC greenstuff pads front and back, the stopping power is awesome and the lack of brakedust is amazing, I actually get more brake dust of the rears than the fronts now!!

I did the same as you Si, about a year ago. A word of warning though - watch the wear on the rear pads. The EBC pads seems to wear really quickly without EBC discs - my rear pads only lasted about 10,000 miles and it cost me a pair of discs when I hit a rivet.

well, as one of my front discs is a little wapped, i orderded some EBC Slotted Grooved brake discs - Front and EBC Greenstuff Pads - Front Monday and i picked them up yesterday :hehe::hehe: got them pretty cheap too, going to get them fitted after work, (might do them myself)...

Have any of you who have changed your front discs know whether the bearings are attached to the discs??

It just got mentioned in a conversation with someone yesterday :huh::huh:

Straight forward job changing discs.

Whip off the wheel amd remove the two nuts at the back of the caliper. (NOT EASY mine were very tight.)

Disc slides off.

GRiM_EBC.jpg

BTW can you PM me and let me know where and how much you paid for your EBC stuff?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links