Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Afternoons Work...

fatboyslim

Hi all new to the board and only owned the car around 3 weeks now. Gave the car a darn good scrubbing today as had the afternoon off. Mainly paid attention to the engine bay as it was real grubby!

Anyway heres a couple of pics, using mainly Meguiars products and some poorboys waxes.

engine2.jpg

engine1.jpg

Quite proud of this one as most people know, its hard work getting good reflections from a silver car.

rear1.jpg

interior.jpg

wheel1.jpg

side2-1.jpg

side1.jpg

Turtle wax extreme car shampoo with megs wash mit

AG Super Resin

AG Extra Gloss

Poorboys Nattys Blue, wasnt overly satisfied so...

AG Extra Gloss to finish, which worked wonders. Find the sealant seems to really help it rather than the wax.

AG Bumper Care on all plastics and arch liners

Megs glass cleaner

Megs metal polish

Megs Tyre Gel

Gunk Degreaser

AG Tar Remover

Megs Tech wax in engine bay & wheels

Probably more ive forgotten about but think that covers most!

side1.jpg

Nice work. Did you buy it privately as I notice what looks like the dreaded corrosion on the wheel in the pic.If they're out of the three year warranty you can get them refurbished fairly cheaply....my sport is about ready for it's third set, the first set changed on warranty but I made the mistake of spraying an extra two coats of clearcoat on the newly refurbed replacements which made them last longer than warranty period :angry:

Yeah privately and out of warrenty too unfortunatly. Probably going to change the wheels in the not too distant future anyway. But after lowering might like them a whole lot more and get them refurbished!

Oh and on the topic of lowering... Not much out there that offers a decent drop apart from the tte coilovers which are a bit too much over my budget really.

Yeah privately and out of warrenty too unfortunatly. Probably going to change the wheels in the not too distant future anyway. But after lowering might like them a whole lot more and get them refurbished!

Oh and on the topic of lowering... Not much out there that offers a decent drop apart from the tte coilovers which are a bit too much over my budget really.

Well your Sport is already 15mm or 20mm lower than the standard versions, and Eibachs or similar lowering springs for the Sport will take it down even more. The Eibachs are less than 180 quid.

A lot of hard work with gunk, then detaring the whole thing, then polishing all metal work, doing all plastics etc... worth it though, I like to drive along knowing my car is totally mint, not just the paintwork ;)

Next up, wheelarches and undercarriage....

A lot of hard work with gunk, then detaring the whole thing, then polishing all metal work, doing all plastics etc... worth it though, I like to drive along knowing my car is totally mint, not just the paintwork ;)

Next up, wheelarches and undercarriage....

are these products readily available from a motorfactors?

i presume u washed everything down with water? did you have to worry about covering/protecting and engine components?

• 4 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links