Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Gold Member - My Story

Hello all - i am a new Gold member.

I am the happy owner of a new 250 Sport, with mm package.

Unfortunately, this was not always the case, as in March this year i collected an IS 250 Auto, with mm.

After a very short handover i drove away with a smile that lasted minutes - the sat nav system did not work properly and could not track my test journey.

The next day the rattles started, the drivers seat creaked and groned.

I was assured that all would be well, so i splashed out on a set of 18 inch Hoshi's.

The car was new - it required a new sat nav system, the drivers seat was replaced and four separate attempts to resolve the rattles ended up with me saying enough is enough, it had to go.

I had the seat belt recall and the sat nav update but the rattle was intolerable.

So i plumped for an IS 250 Sport with mm, i returned the SEL to my local dealer with the Hoshi's attached (as i was told that they formed part of the deal) now i have a set of 17 sel wheels with tyres for sell in the gold section.

I collected the 250 sport in september and it is slowly loosening up, i miss the auto and leather but at least i have no rattles. I must of been unlucky and bought a lemon.

Welcome to the club.

The rattles I'm afraid were standard on many early cars. Hopefully Lexus have it sorted now.

I've had 2 courtesy cars so far, both had creaking seats: One was a '06, and the other a '56 plate.

Glad you're all sorted now tho'.

Did you end up not getting back "wear and tear"? Or was it a straight swap for a Sport, no cash involved?

HI Rattles seemed to goupto Mid may production But are better now taht sounds like a very good deal.. not sure about loosing the auto box My dealer has tols me the petrol manual hs problems with clutch judder....but the diesesl is fine( strange)

enoy the car

Alan

Hello all - i am a new Gold member.

I am the happy owner of a new 250 Sport, with mm package.

Unfortunately, this was not always the case, as in March this year i collected an IS 250 Auto, with mm.

After a very short handover i drove away with a smile that lasted minutes - the sat nav system did not work properly and could not track my test journey.

The next day the rattles started, the drivers seat creaked and groned.

I was assured that all would be well, so i splashed out on a set of 18 inch Hoshi's.

The car was new - it required a new sat nav system, the drivers seat was replaced and four separate attempts to resolve the rattles ended up with me saying enough is enough, it had to go.

I had the seat belt recall and the sat nav update but the rattle was intolerable.

So i plumped for an IS 250 Sport with mm, i returned the SEL to my local dealer with the Hoshi's attached (as i was told that they formed part of the deal) now i have a set of 17 sel wheels with tyres for sell in the gold section.

I collected the 250 sport in september and it is slowly loosening up, i miss the auto and leather but at least i have no rattles. I must of been unlucky and bought a lemon.

When we bought out last car I asked the dealer to road test and give a written waranty that if it developed major rattles within a month I would get my money back. Seems sensible as we cannot test before we buy

alan

Welcome to the club.

The rattles I'm afraid were standard on many early cars. Hopefully Lexus have it sorted now.

Got to disagree with that, as I haven't had any rattles and it was delivered 23rd December 2005. I do however, have excessive wind noise from around the top of the doors despite having all he seals changed and the doors re-adjusted. Bristol Stealership say this is the only car they have with the problem??? Seats don't creak either..they are the memory seats in leather.

Got to disagree with that, as I haven't had any rattles and it was delivered 23rd December 2005. I do however, have excessive wind noise from around the top of the doors despite having all he seals changed and the doors re-adjusted. Bristol Stealership say this is the only car they have with the problem??? Seats don't creak either..they are the memory seats in leather.

Not all have rattled...like I say many cars did/do have rattles, not all. I think you've just got to watch out for these, and make sure that if you have the car at yr3 that you get all of them checked out and repaired under warranty. When it rattles there is no mistaking it - else the car is very quiet.

Mine has never had the creaky seat, but it's had excessive wind noise and rattles from front Side vents, behind glove box, front centre speaker and drivers footwell - all repaired under warranty. the Satnav unit was replaced too.

That's quite a lot for any prestige car, though it was one of the early Diesels.

Now the centre vents (or summick behind) rattle only when it's cold/first thing for a few minutes.

PS - the injector changeout has made a difference, or so it seems. The engine feels super smooth now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links