Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Firefox 2 Released A Day Early!

aido

Just noticed on the Mac sites that Firefox 2 for OSX was put onto the release servers a few hours ago, although nothing is going to be announced until tomorrow on mozilla.org or mozilla.com, I've just checked and you can download the final 2.0 Win32 version as well.

Here are the links:

Win32

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or....0/win32/en-GB/

OSX

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or.../2.0/mac/en-GB/

Enjoy ;)

Just noticed on the Mac sites that Firefox 2 for OSX was put onto the release servers a few hours ago, although nothing is going to be announced until tomorrow on mozilla.org or mozilla.com, I've just checked and you can download the final 2.0 Win32 version as well.

Here are the links:

Win32

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or....0/win32/en-GB/

OSX

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or.../2.0/mac/en-GB/

Enjoy ;)

****, i've only just got used to Firefox one! but i'll give it a try

Job done, can't really see much difference at the mo, but i do like the close tab button like IE beta had.

To be honest pal I don't use Safari much on the Mac, I've always used Camino instead which is a strand project that Mozilla do purely for OSX, it's a nice lightweight browser based on the Gecko engine like Firefox etc and it's quick with adblocking etc built into the core.

Tried Firefox 1.x and didn't reckon much to it on the Mac as Camino was better, I do like the look of 2.0 though, seems to be just as quick, I'm trying it alongside amino at the minute to see how I get on fella :)

Yeah man, ive not had any problems with Safari and ads popping up. I may have to check it out when I return home. On another note Aido, what instant messenger program do you use?

I use a wicked program called Adium. Its great as you can customise everything! Check it out if your not familiar.

Yeah using Adium here as well pal, don't actually use it that often though to be honest mate, dunno why but never really been into IM systems, might just have to start using it more often though as there are a couple of birds on there I wouldn't mind, well you know :winky:

Yeah using Adium here as well pal, don't actually use it that often though to be honest mate, dunno why but never really been into IM systems, might just have to start using it more often though as there are a couple of birds on there I wouldn't mind, well you know :winky:

I think I get the gist of it :lol:

Yeah basically just a new version of the browser, bugfixes, more speed, plus new functionality.

Don't actually know what's new to be honest as don't use it that often but basically it's reckoned to be one of the best browsers available, IE7 was MS trying to catch up really,not sure how they compare to one another though as MS discontinued IE on the Mac, and it was always crap on here anyway so never liked to use it!

Full version of Windows Defender is availble now if anybody's interested.

It's been in Beta for ages with rumours of having to pay for the full product. You'll be pleased to hear it's free!

what is it and where can i get it

Vista is Microsofts latest os.

You have to be a beta tester to get hold of a copy at the mo.

Wait till next year for it to go retail, or next month for the corperate market. :hehe:

I still perfer to use firefox, i like the 'adblock' plugin.

Has anyone found a free one for IE7?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links