Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Car?

Hi All.

Im currently 21 and now looking for a new family car, but i also want a quick one. My options are either a IS200 (little slow thou), and IS300 or a Vauxhall Zafira 2.0i 16v Turbo GSI.

For a Vauxhall im looking around £14500 for a 2004 with 15000 miles on the clock, and i have read good reviews about reliability. This model is top of the range, but does not include things such as sat nav, heated or electric seats.

Insurance is around the same price, but for some reason the Vauxhall is tempting me, becuase of the size, as also looks very sporty for a people carrier.

Thanks for your advice.

Marsden1002

I've not driven the 300, but the zaffer has a lot of space compared to the lexus.

The missus does complain about the boot space in the IS 200.

I'd still go for the 300 though, but i'm bias to the lexus. (this is a lexus forum afterall).

The IS300 Sport Cross is a good bet. Not a true estate but has plenty of room with the seats down and more in the boot than a saloon with the seats up.

The performance of the automatic is very respectable but 25 mpg average may put you off. I sometimes regret trading mine in for the new model.... sometimes, just sometimes

the IS200/300 are a totally different car to the GSI

yet are fairly comparable

my GSI has full leather and adjustable heated seats, but not electric adjustment

space wise its much bigger inside but no great different outside

also has ABS, TRC, VSC,

although only available in manual it also has cruise control,

the lexus is a car that gives the impression it goes quick

the zafira is a car that gives the impression it goes slow

in reality its the opposite :D

both cars hold there price reasonably, in fact i think the GSI`s hold it slightly better than the IS

Perhaps someone will correct me then.......where in the Toyota section of Glass' guide do any of the Lexus models fall?

all is200/300 etc etc,and other models LS. GS and RX untill the new 2005 models came out were all toyota....look at all the manufacturer tags on the trim, electronics etc etc... :)

all lexus in production now though, are indeed Lexus, as it is a brand in its own right now, and not directly a funded sub division of toyota

Perhaps someone will correct me then.......where in the Toyota section of Glass' guide do any of the Lexus models fall?

no you must be right

the fact glass`s guide has a seperate section for lexus must mean they are nothing to do with toyota

the fact that up untill last year they were made in a toyota factory by toyota, the fact that all lexus models were known as toyota in japan, the fact that you buy spares for lexus at the toyota spares outlet, the fact the spares come in boxes marked toyota

we will just ignore them facts then

in fact vauxhall are really opel :P

all lexus in production now though, are indeed Lexus, as it is a brand in its own right now, and not directly a funded sub division of toyota

Read my response more carefully....I asked "Under which Toyota section in Glass' Guide" would Lexus be found?

Read my response more carefully....I asked "Under which Toyota section in Glass' Guide" would Lexus be found?

it wouldnt, the lists in the glass's guide are by brand, not manufacturer ;) if indeed Glass's listed by manufacturer then they would have to add Lexus in the Toyota catagory, just as is done in mainland europe

Edited by Monster-Mat

hmmm, people carrier versus executive saloon...no contest..exec saloon..get the IS300..you will be luvving it..small boot, well, hmmm, travel light buddy!

or better still go out one saturday and test drive all 3 cars, back 2 back..then come back and tell us which one you liked best..

I had a Zaffira, and it was

nice and fast

cornered well

plenty of headroom

mine was the diesel so very economical

very well equiped for an MPV

finished nice

and it was crippling me so it went

I had the standard shortish test drive and decided that what was on offer would suit my then present needs well. and was suitably impressed to buy it after a quick haggle

ohhhhhhh dear what a mistake to-make-a although the drivers seat was fine on short journeys, drive 50 miles or more and take a day to recover, it didn't seem to matter where I put the seat i didn't suit it

so before you make a decision, ask for the car for the day if it is from a garage, and actually drive some miles in it, you are probably a different size and shape to me, you may feel good, all I know is I hated it after I bought it and couldn't wait to dump it

Ohhhh and if you have kids give them a paper bag, a mc donalds shake and drive around a few roundabouts and sleeping policemen, and duck as your zafirra changes interior colour

I learnt a lot about test drives from that and now comfort is the thing I look for, before anything else, most cars go fast(ish) they all go stop and work, make sure you don't feel worse at the end of the hourney, it spoils the arrival

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links