Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What Car?

I had a Zaffira, and it was

nice and fast

cornered well

plenty of headroom

mine was the diesel so very economical

very well equiped for an MPV

finished nice

and it was crippling me so it went

I had the standard shortish test drive and decided that what was on offer would suit my then present needs well. and was suitably impressed to buy it after a quick haggle

ohhhhhhh dear what a mistake to-make-a although the drivers seat was fine on short journeys, drive 50 miles or more and take a day to recover, it didn't seem to matter where I put the seat i didn't suit it

so before you make a decision, ask for the car for the day if it is from a garage, and actually drive some miles in it, you are probably a different size and shape to me, you may feel good, all I know is I hated it after I bought it and couldn't wait to dump it

Ohhhh and if you have kids give them a paper bag, a mc donalds shake and drive around a few roundabouts and sleeping policemen, and duck as your zafirra changes interior colour

I learnt a lot about test drives from that and now comfort is the thing I look for, before anything else, most cars go fast(ish) they all go stop and work, make sure you don't feel worse at the end of the hourney, it spoils the arrival

that surprises me, i had a 1.8 petrol one before, i found it very comfortable on long journeys

janey who suffers with her back was fine in it as well :yawn:

i wonder if height is the deciding factor, i am not over tall nor janey :lol:

mind you the GSI has a totally different seating and suspension set up to the rest of the range, even has adjustable lumbar support .........unlike the IS :P

Perhaps someone will correct me then.......where in the Toyota section of Glass' guide do any of the Lexus models fall?

no you must be right

the fact glass`s guide has a seperate section for lexus must mean they are nothing to do with toyota

the fact that up untill last year they were made in a toyota factory by toyota, the fact that all lexus models were known as toyota in japan, the fact that you buy spares for lexus at the toyota spares outlet, the fact the spares come in boxes marked toyota

we will just ignore them facts then

in fact vauxhall are really opel :P

Its a ridiculous debate

Saab is GM

Fiat own Ferrari

Lamborghinis are originally tractors

Audis are Skodas

Rolls Royce are Beemers

Lexus are owned by Toyota

Only those that are jealous about the Lexus brand mock the Toyota ownership. After all Toyota are the biggest car company in the world and are the most reliable - since then was that a neagtive attribute?

Who cares?

Do you think Lexus and Vax would let me take a Used car for a day to rack some miles up. The lexus is pulling me a little bit more, mainly because of the styling. I would of course, want 11 spoke alloys insted of the 5, so anyone got any ideas if a dealer would change them?? Also do the IS300 come with boot spoilers and any body kits, or are they bog standard.

Anyone got any ideas how much i would be looking for a IS300 2002 - 2003 with lowish miles on.

Thanks

Hi All.

I am defo going for a Lexus, and it has to be an IS300. Some little chav in there Lexus IS200 (with a TRD Badge on the back) tried racing me, but i got away quicker, and he didnt catch up down the motorway.

By the way, i drive a VW Bora 1.6 at the moment, and if my car is quicker than an IS200, i would rather settle with the lower fuel costs of a 1.6.

An IS300 is the car i am looking for, ill just have to save a few more pennies :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links