Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Soarer 2.5tt Mpg?

Alex JB

Hi,

Was wondering what kind of MPG in urban and motorway people get from the 2.5bi-turbo soarer?

I'm interested as it makes more power than the 1UZFE 4.0 V8 and is said to be almost as smooth.

Having crazy thoughts about my LS as I know of a 1JZ-GTE with low miles going cheap :duh:

Depends on driving style.....can get 400 miles from a tank driving legally(ish) or less than 200 if you drive hard (track days etc)

Reckon on 16-18 with short urban driving (i.e. trips less than 3 miles total), 24-27 for long steady blasts on the motorway (at 70mph), 22 as a reasonable average. Basically if cost of fuel is a big factor, avoid. If you want to have fun and do few miles or have deep pockets, go for the TT!!! Luxury rocket ship for very little cash. Highly recommended.

:D :winky:

I used my auto TT to commute from Bristol to Reading (nearly all motorway) and it averaged around 23 mpg over 4 or 5 weeks. That's without any attempt to save fuel. To put that into perspective, the GS does about 27 under the same conditions.

Hi,

The other thing to remember with the TT Soarer is you will have to run it on Super unleaded fuel or you might find the engine pinking ;)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

With all due respect ... this is patently untrue - in fact it's complete rubbish!

Hi,

The other thing to remember with the TT Soarer is you will have to run it on Super unleaded fuel or you might find the engine pinking ;)

With all due respect ... this is patently untrue - in fact it's complete rubbish!

Hi,

Explain then why its rubbish.

Hi,

Hi,

Explain then why its rubbish.

I apologise for my abrupt reply earlier.

Let me explain -

I had a Soarer TT for 2.5 years, no problem with any petrol I used. Never heard of anyone else having a problem either. If the boost is increased significantly or other mods are in place, some people then reckoned on using Super Unleaded - otherwise no probs with standard. In fact when I did use Super Unleaded there was no noticeable difference in performance.

• 3 years later...
Hi,

With adr it is not complete rubbish.

The RON rating should be matched to the compression ratio.

See:

www.daytona-sensors.com/tech_tuning.html

and all will be explained.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links