Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My head gasket change is almost there, more like knitting air vacuum pipes than engineering but no real problems apart from its cold and wet in the car park as I havent got a garage

The head gasket had blown between cyl 5 and 6 and into the water channel but apart from that all seems good and straight, so relatively lucky

Before I fit the inlet manifolds back on I have a wizards of nos Nitrus kit sitting beside me and it is saying fit me fit me

Now I don't often hear voices but after a good rummage I found the box of bits I had from when it was fitted before to my Dagenham dustbin ford V6

And I have a selection of nozzles and kit, which range from a rating of +50bhp to a whopping +150 bhp if the boxes are to be believed

If anyone has after market turbo fit or supercharged a GS300 does anyone have and idea of what sort of power will the gaskets or bottom end take ?

Logic does make me think 50 ish as well so does economy of refilling the bottle

but pure lunacy makes me think of a lot more

I have an arm system switch (ex RAF missile system safety) that I fitted to the Ford as an in cockpit pose so I can switch the NOS on and off when needed so it wouldn't be on all the time

In another topic I did ask if the Nitrus kit would mess up the Lexus sensors, I don't want to go weak melty piston time when it kicks in, any clues ?

Logic does make me think 50 ish as well so does economy of refilling the bottle

but pure lunacy makes me think of a lot more

I have an arm system switch (ex RAF missile system safety) that I fitted to the Ford as an in cockpit pose so I can switch the NOS on and off when needed so it wouldn't be on all the time

In another topic I did ask if the Nitrus kit would mess up the Lexus sensors, I don't want to go weak melty piston time when it kicks in, any clues ?

Why don't you contact the supplier of the NOS kit , isn't the guys name Trevor ?

Not quite sure if this is the kit that Loz had fitted to his GS - he isn't on these forums any more and I can't really remember many details of what he had fitted - maybe one of the older members may remember more?

Think I did read that his car with NOS was quicker than Zee's at the time SC'd IS200 so it was putting out a fair bit of power :)

There were problems but I think they were caused by the fitting of the kit and were resolved - once again I'm a bit patchy here so hopefully someone can clear it up for you!

Not quite sure if this is the kit that Loz had fitted to his GS - he isn't on these forums any more and I can't really remember many details of what he had fitted - maybe one of the older members may remember more?

Think I did read that his car with NOS was quicker than Zee's at the time SC'd IS200 so it was putting out a fair bit of power :)

There were problems but I think they were caused by the fitting of the kit and were resolved - once again I'm a bit patchy here so hopefully someone can clear it up for you!

heres a few ramblings from a old member :P

loz was running 75 jets, not sure what system, but it wasnt through Trevors (he had a few bad words to say about him !)so i guess it wasnt a wizards kit

quicker than Zee .............thats cause Zee drives like a milkman :lol:

i dont think Loz had any problems, and he kept the price of nitrous stable by the amount he used

Loz is currently teaching at a girls school in thailand .......yes really :o

Hi Aido and Bazza

Thanks for the reply

When I got the kit for the Ford I had a few problems setting it up right to get the best from it, but a bit of tinkering and adjustment and it really did work in true afterburner style

I am going to start with the smallest of the nozzles and work upwards until i start getting scared

As the GS has enough power for normal roads normally the NOS kit works well just for the short bursts when you really want it all for overtaking etc

The only problem I found with NOS is that to set it right with the microswitch it only kicks in on full throttle and full normal power and full NOS all happen at once, which takes some getting used to

I am now wondering how I will feel if I fit the kit and end up teaching at a Thai girls school, I didn't realise the afterburner effect could hyperdrive me that far

Well!! I am amazed...Take a look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

These engines must be really strong!!

But that's the GTE engine, not the GE, slightly different bottom end.

The GE will take 400+ bhp, several NA supras running with a single turbo kit nowadys.

The only problem I found with NOS is that to set it right with the microswitch it only kicks in on full throttle and full normal power and full NOS all happen at once, which takes some getting used to

NOS is a brandname ;)

Nitrous should only be used at full throttle. Sounds like you need a controller to gradually feed it in.

Hi BigRoj The Warranty is probably in seconds not minutes, even then I doubt if anyone is brave enough to put a 900bhp warranty in writing

When we looked at chipping etc the Cosworth, the men in the know asked what power my son wanted, we were told that raising power to

230 bhp had no effect and the engine would last as normal

275 bhp would have little effect as long as the oil changed and serviced the engine every 3,000 miles

325 bhp would shorten the engine life by about a third

400 bhp would would last about 10,000 miles before rebuild

500 bhp might last all day if not driven to hard in the morning

Pays your money and takes your chances in all these power increase jobs

Hi Ahhhh Aristo, yes quite right NOS is a trade name In true Internet speak and texting style I am just to lazy to keep writing dinitrogen monoxide all the time, good to know the standard engine should handle 400+ bhp though with dinitrogen monoxide added

Full throttle = full dinitrogen monoxide, no gradual increase more like afterburnerof dinitrogen monoxide, I just gotta be careful if the dinitrogen monoxide system is on that I don't slam the right foot down just coming of a roundabout cause I get dizzy really quick (memories of before hence the off switch) :duh:

Update on employment ,,,, still nothing in the post from girls school in Thailand, do you think I have to get this running first ? :winky: :tomato:

I am rebulding my 1994 GS300 head after doing the BHG, because of the rain down here for the past week and actually having to do some other stuff I didnt get around to completing it till today, well almost completed anyway

I have refitted the belt with the TDC on the crank pulley at 0 on the mark

I seem to remember from taking the belt off to take off the cam pulleys that I had the two top pulleys set with a small "0" on each of the 5 spokes facing directly upwards

Least that is what I remember, but memory does play tricks sometimes, and the digital pics I took aren't close enough to show the marks clearly

Can anyone confirm the relationship of cam marks to pulley marks, and am I using the correct mark to set the belt to pulley correctly

any help appreciated

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links