Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could This Solve All The Problems?

Looking good Chris, what you think of the sound quality?

No music makes Dan go CRAZY :shutit:

lol, you should get it supercharged mate. I sometimes turn my stereo off just to hear the noise :devil:

:offtopic: Hmmmm dont tempt me! Galla4 is selling his! Bit out of my price range though!!

:offtopic: Owen's is for the IS200 though, it won't fit on your tezza :blush:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good Chris, what you think of the sound quality?

No music makes Dan go CRAZY :shutit:

lol, you should get it supercharged mate. I sometimes turn my stereo off just to hear the noise :devil:

I haven't really noticed any difference to be honest Lee it may even be a little better than normal, but thats cuz I am using cd's now & not my ITrip which used FM frequencies so was poor quality if not tuned well.

I can put it up to half volume easily which is loud, but I'm gonna try & add my sub sumtime this week to see how that sounds 2 then look for a new HU... & finally upgrade all the speakers I think.. But for now it's perfect thanks for finding the lead :D

Thanks Chris

• 4 weeks later...
just make your own!thats what i did when i had my sound system in:) takes a few mins and a wiring diag but its cheaper than 60 quid!

Yeah probably is, but this way you don't need to tap iinto the harness.

If I had the time I would make my own, time saving was the deciding factor for me.

Infact I have about 4 projects on the go for the car atm.

just make your own!thats what i did when i had my sound system in:) takes a few mins and a wiring diag but its cheaper than 60 quid!

Yeah probably is, but this way you don't need to tap iinto the harness.

If I had the time I would make my own, time saving was the deciding factor for me.

Infact I have about 4 projects on the go for the car atm.

yeah it would definately save loads of time!i have a few projects but i have over 3 months too do them as im banned so i can take my time and do a good job!

Ordered My Lead Today

but now what head unit should i buy as i would like to keep the amber lighting,

thinking of looking at the Pioneer DEH-P55BT and the CD IB100 MK2 for IPOD connection

looking at some pics Dan sent me it looks like a good unit, but maybe someone can suggest another brand and model.

Also what 6x9 speakers are best to fit so i can leave the STD Lexus Rear covers in the car.

and is it worth changing the fronts or not?

Thanks

Matt

You can put most 6x9s in and still leave the covers in place, one thing you will need too do it make an mdf plate that the speakers fit in and which extends so you can bolt them in the existing holes!

Hi Everyone,

Got another Newbie here!!!! Just been reading through this forum and have to say you've answered pretty much all my questions already! Had my IS200 nearly a year now and the only thing thats dissapointed me has been the stereo. When I heard of all the problems replacing it, I decided "well, it's not THAT bad!!!" But hearing you guys praising this lead from e-bay has really given me hope. :winky:

So to all you guys who have tried and tested it, are you still happy with the job it does with the factory-fitted speakers? Do you advise giving it a go? And should I be looking for anything particular when buying my new h/u?

So to all you guys who have tried and tested it, are you still happy with the job it does with the factory-fitted speakers? Do you advise giving it a go? And should I be looking for anything particular when buying my new h/u?

Yes, still very happy with mine, speakers seem fine, no probs. But I would not say its much better than the stock headunit, perhaps a little but nothing significant, the reason I replaced mine was just to get proper aux-in for my iPod as thats pretty much all I listen to nowadays.

Don't think you need to look for anything in particular in a new headunit. As discussed before if you want to keep the orange illumination your choices are quite limited.

Yeah same as. Want to connect my iPod to the car stereo without that really annoying tape adapter going "click-click-click" all the time in the background! Also want a h/u that plays mp3 cd's, and I've found the Lexus h/u struggles to keep a good reception on FM stations!

Not too worried about the orange illumination, as I've changed the dash lights to Neon Blue LED's, so I'll probably go for a blue-illumination stereo!

Thanks for the input!! :winky:

You may want to upgrade speakers later if you want a louder system etc after changing, but I've had no problems yet.. although I've not sorted my aerial out yet.. :)

been folowing this link for ages and willbe ordering mine very soon, Whats this Problem with the Aerial please? :o

I listen to the radio a lot in the mornings etc - News Traffic etc.. Normally you have a Aerial jack from from the Stock wiring unit at the back ? I take it the Lex Stock wiring has no Stock aerial jack to plug to the back of the new H/u?

need to find out how to hook up the Aerial connection fo rthe Radio please with this new Lead of eBay?

Cheers

Dibslpg

I take it the Lex Stock wiring has no Stock aerial jack to plug to the back of the new H/u?

No, it has a standard aerial jack that should plug straight into a new headunit, I think the issue is just that the lexus aerial is not that great. Mine has been replaced for a metal bee-sting type aerial and it's even worse than the standard one.

Well i have now got the main items arrived

Pioneer DEH-P55BT (orange Ilumination)

Pioneer CdIB100 MKII for my Ipod (also charges it and gives full control through HU

Pioneer CD-SR110 Steering wheel remote control

Lead from eBay

Fascia from eBay

waiting for speakers Pioneer TSA 6911s

Just got to fit it all now :blink:

be back soon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links