Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Different Is200 Facia Adaptors

I see there are at least two different facias available on eBay, see here and here

I know one or both of these are sold by forum members (so no bigging up your own product!) but any impartial views on these, i.e. are they both the same? Is one a better match/quality than the other? Should I look elsewhere?

Thanks

I think they're petty much the same autoleads facia mate. I think I bought mine off the second guy (cheaper). The quality is pretty good but not an exact match. Although I don't really notice it unless I was being picky.

I bought mine from the second guy as well....

It's fine, does the job

There is a 3rd type that you see on yank forums, it's has a solid front piece that you cut the required hole out of, it seems to be a closer match trim wise but watch out for no. of buttons at the bottom.... :)

of course faCTORY COLOUR AND FINISH.....

i bought about 12 from japan a few years ago...sold all within 2 months

if theres interest i may bring some more in, the oem ones were around £35 after postrage etc etc

infact here is the P/N

55413-53010

Edited by Monster-Mat

• 2 weeks later...
phoned tunbridge wells lexus today and they have these in stock at a total price of £43. used the part number u supplied.

cheers

mate

My eBay one arrived yesterday so will tell if its a good fit when I finally get sum time to start lol...

I fitted my eBay sourced (autoleads) one today. When I first opened the packet I gotta say I thought "this is cheap horrible toss", but actually looks o.k. once you get it all together and the HU in. The brackets and stuff are all plastic (rather than the metal of the stock one) but it does the job. Its does not even attempt to be a match for the stock dash though (not a smooth matt finish like the stock stuff), but looks o.k. and good fit etc.

I installed using the method where you discard the stereo surround, use the facia adaptor surround and screw into the facia adaptor (rather than the other way where you can slide the stereo in/out once in place) - just think it (1) looks better and (2) provides a bit more security, although on the downside if someone does ever have a go at it they will prob cause loads of dash damage trying to get it out...

Now, does anyone actually have any sensible uses for the little "pocket" underneath the headunit?

Yeah, Put your headunit there and a pop out screen above :hehe:

Only use I would have for a screen would be for sat-nav which I would like but in-dash sat-nav always seems to be silly money, i.e. perfectly decent TomTom Go for £300 but cheapest in-dash sat-nav with a graphical screen seems to be £1000. Plus then you have security issues...

they r flimsy as fuk i no tht much dem plastic sides bits aint quite as strong as he orignal metal ones lol

once in the car mine was ok apart from at the bk u got tht peice of plastic tht kept the headunit level well thts fall off so now headunit at like a 5degree angle u cant tell aless u really look hard LOL

another thing is the way u have to rebuild the way the headunit clips in by removing the normal edge clips n putting der plastic ***** on this causes my plastic suround not to fit so hardly ever put it on as it falls off within 10min

i keep putting cds in but in the top gap between cd player n car not the actual cd slot thinkin i have put it in the slot then it says no cd im like wtf am i going crazy i swear i just put a cd in der n just put it down to much of put cd down instead of in cd plater

other day took headunit out n was like 10cds behind it LOL I NEW I WAS NOT CRAZY lol

overall i reken its not a bad lookin piece of kit granted could of been made alot better but wot do u exspect for £20 n i cant see to many ppl buyin em lol

cant moan lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links